Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th July 2021, 11:26 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs View Post
Recent viewings:

Taskmaster: Series 9 – more enjoyable, stupid, and skilful tasks with some people I've heard of (David Baddiel, Jo Brand) and others I hadn't (Ed Gamble, Katy Wix, Rose Matefeo).

It's an excellent concept and a TV show I enjoy watching in the evenings when unwinding before going to sleep.

Doctor Who: Season 1 (2005) – the first 'regular' Doctor Who I've ever seen and something I never considered watching until seeing all the discussion here. I liked the relationship between Christopher Ecclestone's Time Lord and Rose, his human companion. Some of the effects are a bit ropey by today's standards, though that didn't detract from my enjoyment; I thought the strongest episodes were the Mark Gatiss-scripted The Unquiet Dead set in Victorian-era Cardiff with Simon Callow playing Charles Dickens, and The Empty Child and The Doctor Dances, the two-parter set in London during 1941.

I started watching Taskmaster Series 10 and have been watching the odd episode of The Simpsons, beginning on season 19 (I own seasons 1-18 on DVD) and am now up to season 28.

It's funny to see the show go through several technological progressions as it begins in the 4:3 aspect ratio, expands to 16:9 and then moves from standard definition to HD with surround sound. Although the quality isn't up there with the first 10 seasons also, there are a couple of funny moments in every episode and some, like the Treehouse of Horror XXVII anthology episode, are brilliantly written and hugely enjoyable.
I honestly have no idea last time I watched simpsons , probably before it went onto ch4 which was around 2005.
Susan Foreman likes this.
Old 5th July 2021, 08:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched a few of these earlier today . Transported me back too my childhood

Old 5th July 2021, 09:08 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching the 70s tv series soap from series 2, watched first series a yr or two back, can’t remember exactly when since time flies these days with what’s going on, after all doesn’t seem a yr and half ago since it all started,
Old 8th July 2021, 01:55 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Looks like The Boys are having a special news bulletin once a month on YouTube as a bridge between Seasons 2&3.

Saw the 1st one, it is funny
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 8th July 2021, 05:41 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Have started watching this 1971 - The Year That Music Changed Everything, which is based on David Hepworth's book 1971 - Never A Dull Moment. Decent enough footage. Not really an overview as they are concentrating on a select few artists. Worth a look.
nosferatu42 and bleakshaun like this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 8th July 2021, 05:51 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demoncrat View Post
Have started watching this 1971 - The Year That Music Changed Everything, which is based on David Hepworth's book 1971 - Never A Dull Moment. Decent enough footage. Not really an overview as they are concentrating on a select few artists. Worth a look.
You might have sold it more if you'd said which select few artists, D.

Sounds similar to Michael Walker's What You Want is in the Limo book which concentrated on 1973 and life on the road in the States with Led Zeppelin, The Who and Alice Cooper.

1973 was another year apparently when music changed forever.
nosferatu42 likes this.

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 8th July 2021 at 06:04 PM.
Old 9th July 2021, 09:45 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Well, Cooper's in this as well along with Marvin Gaye, Sly & The Family Stone, T Rex, The Who, Carole King, The Doors etc. I'm only halfway through so I'm expecting a few more names to pop up ahem.
nosferatu42 likes this.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 9th July 2021, 12:08 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:
Well, Cooper's in this as well along with Marvin Gaye, Sly & The Family Stone, T Rex, The Who, Carole King, The Doors etc. I'm only halfway through so I'm expecting a few more names to pop up ahem.
Hardly a select few then. Sounds pretty good.
Demoncrat likes this.
Old 9th July 2021, 12:12 PM
Cult Master

Quote:
Presumably Cooper is Alice rather than Tommy

Demoncrat and MrBarlow like this.

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th July 2021, 08:19 AM
Cult Acolyte

Superfriends_(1980).jpg
SUPER FRIENDS Season 6 (1981)

Three stories each episode. The Flash, Green Lantern and The Atom appear in various episodes. No full team stories, these are team up episodes which also feature the Wonder Twins.

Like this? Share it using the links below!