Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12th September 2021, 08:52 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Following episode 1. Saw the first season of this back in the day, they never showed the rest. Will now be able to see all three without clogging up my shelves thanks to Stan. They also have Buffy, which I watched the first few episodes of season 3 on. Tried starting season 3 on DVD a few weeks back but they look terrible. Have heard there are issues with the HD, but so far it looks spectacular to me, a massive improvement. Even if there are a few issues, surely they can fix them and release it on Blu ray? The DVDs - especially the first few seasons - are borderline unwatchable now.
Old 18th September 2021, 05:16 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Handmaids Tale Season one.

A program people have been telling me to watch for sometime. After watching the new invisible man film, thought I'd give it a watch.

Should of watched it years ago, fantastically acted (and directed)especially from the lead actress Elisabeth Moss and Ann Dowd and as the chilling Aunt Lydia one of the most evil characters in recent years. Very unnerving and disturbing more so because this could easily happen, not here or most other country's , but America it could with all the religious nutjobs that they have.

Watching Season two.

Last edited by trebor8273; 18th September 2021 at 06:59 PM.
Old 19th September 2021, 08:57 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Law & Order: Organized Crime

Latest spin-off sees the return of Elliot Staibler as he investigates the murder of his Wife. He ends on The Organized Crime Unit where he's out to take down Dylan McDermott who's out to run Organized Crime in New York.

With Cameos from Special Victims Unit, this bucks the trend of separate or 2 part episodes and whilst a slow start, it did pick up at the end.

On a side note, as anyone seen Snow Piercer: The TV Series? I liked the Movie but wondering if the series has the same events just drawn out or is there new things?
Old 19th September 2021, 09:03 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post

Latest spin-off sees the return of Elliot Staibler as he investigates the murder of his Wife. He ends on The Organized Crime Unit where he's out to take down Dylan McDermott who's out to run Organized Crime in New York.

With Cameos from Special Victims Unit, this bucks the trend of separate or 2 part episodes and whilst a slow start, it did pick up at the end.

On a side note, as anyone seen Snow Piercer: The TV Series? I liked the Movie but wondering if the series has the same events just drawn out or is there new things?
There's new things enjoyed both seasons, really expands a lot on the movie.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 20th September 2021, 01:18 AM
Cult Acolyte

Started watching Reality Z on Netflix last night. If you feel like you've seen this show before, it's because it's a Brazilian remake of the British mini-series Dead Set, about reality show contestants sheltering in the set from a zombie apocalypse. It's been a long time since I saw the original, and the first ep was pretty good, so I may keep watching. It's very well made.
Old 21st September 2021, 09:59 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor8273 View Post
There's new things enjoyed both seasons, really expands a lot on the movie.
Thanks, probably get this for when I'm on holiday. I hate going through a Box Set of a TV Series, I haven't seen in case I enjoy it whilst I'm working.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:13 PM
Seasoned Cultist

OZ: Season 1

Late 90's U.S Drama telling the stories of many Inmates and Staff of a Maximum Security Prison. Filled with thrilling storylines and fantastic acting (J.K. Simmons as a Arian Group Leader who torments a new inmate and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as a maniacal psychopath) but what really impressed me was the use of Harold Perrineau as a narrator telling us who the characters are and guiding us through the storylines.

One plot hole which I can't get passed is that as this was a Maximum Security Prison filled with dangerous Prisoners, surely there would be cameras all over the place.

Also surely a crooked Guard wouldn't let someone into a Solitary Confinement Cell to Murder a Prisoner as it would raise eyebrows.

I'm assuming that this might have caused controversy when 1st aired?

This also seems to be the 1st time that the many of the Cast of Law And Order first met each other L.O.L
Old 21st September 2021, 10:16 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Quote:

Late 90's U.S Drama telling the stories of many Inmates and Staff of a Maximum Security Prison. Filled with thrilling storylines and fantastic acting (J.K. Simmons as a Arian Group Leader who torments a new inmate and Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje as a maniacal psychopath) but what really impressed me was the use of Harold Perrineau as a narrator telling us who the characters are and guiding us through the storylines.

One plot hole which I can't get passed is that as this was a Maximum Security Prison filled with dangerous Prisoners, surely there would be cameras all over the place.

Also surely a crooked Guard wouldn't let someone into a Solitary Confinement Cell to Murder a Prisoner as it would raise eyebrows.

This also seems to be the 1st time that the many of the Cast of Law And Order first met each other L.O.L
Well, that's thrown me. heard of Oz but not actually known anything about it. I kinda thought it was to do with a certain movie with tin men and wimpy lions.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:22 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

Bought first series of this quite recently I’ve never seen it,
But here a little info concerning the storylines,
Some cast members that played prisoners have noted that, throughout the series, if you showed up late to the set, your punishment would be that your character would either die or be raped the next week.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:31 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:

I use to watch law and order svu, because as usual not seen it, so I started from beginning, was all available to watch on sky, got to around season 5 then they took them all off and all you could watch was what episodes were on that week, they don’t show it in any order anymore, and every other streaming site that does show them it’s a paid show, so haven’t seen after half way through season 5.
nicholasrope likes this.

Like this? Share it using the links below!