Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30th December 2021, 05:35 PM
Cult Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
No not yet. Still too many films to watch. Probably start in in January.
Just wondered if it had the annoying little BBC logo in the corner of the screen.

Last edited by J Harker; 30th December 2021 at 05:55 PM.
Old 30th December 2021, 08:45 PM
Cult Acolyte

hercules-the-legendary-journeys.jpg index.jpg
HERCULES THE LEGENDARY JOURNEYS SEASON 3
XENA WARRIOR PRINCESS SEASON 2

Continuing to watch as the original 'Action Pack', one Hercules, one Xena after.
Highlight of this seasons HERCULES is the three episode ark "Encounter", "When a Man Loves a Woman", "Judgment Day". Where Hercules falls in love with the Golden Hind and features an appearence by Xena and Gabrielle.
Also of note is the episode 'Surprise', which features Callisto and fits in with a story arc from XENA.

In XENA, Callisto returns with tragic consequences for Gabrielle in 'Return Of Callisto'. The story continues in Hercules 'Surprise' and then in 'A Necessary Evil', which is part of another arc involving Gabrielle and the Amazons.
Hudson Leick was busy this season as the episodes 'Intimate Stranger' and 'Ten Little Warlords' had Callisto swop bodies with Xena.
Another highlight is 'For Him The Bell Tolls', in which Aphrodite puts a spell on Joxer so that every time a bell rings he becomes a dashing hero.
Old 2nd January 2022, 11:48 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Cobra Kai: Season IV

The series that we never knew that we need is back and this time Daniel and Johnny team up in order to stop Kreese. However they bicker on the methods to use to teach their students. However Kreese is able to convince Terry Silver to come back and help him.

Kudos to the people who created this series because if someone said to me that a show based on a 80's Film Trilogy starring the stars from the original would not only last more than 3 episodes (Before it wears thin) that it's one of the best shows around and this is one great Season.

The fight scenes are really good and it is thrilling and there are some really good humor as well. However it is Martin Kove who again steals the show.

SPOILER:
Regarding Kreese, it seems that we may have his face turn in Season 5 as he goes after Silver and in Season 4, I thought that he seems like he cares for his students but does it in a misguided way especially after he looks out for Tori.

SPOILER:
Another thing I liked is that it seemingly looks like it's leading you to think something only to take it somewhere else for example Tori's new job (I was thinking surely that they are not going there)

SPOILER:
I liked that they bought back characters from Series for cameos, especially Stingray (Who had a bigger role than imagined)

Do Sony have the rights to Bloodsport? Seems weird that they showed a snippet. Sony surely have their own Martial Arts Movies (Shootfighter a Film starring Kove & Zabka)

SPOILER:
I think people were expecting Hilary Swank but I think she appears later on as I believe she will assist Tori (Similar Wild Child) with her Aunt.

Was going to say that I wish that they would release Season 3 on DVD as I was fearing that it wouldn't be released but luckily it's out in January.

The Only thing that I didn't like is that all episodes were released on the same day. This is because I feel that I'm compelled to watch it all in order to complete it and avoid spoilers.

Granted the episodes are between 30-45 minutes long and if you do it in 2 sittings, it's like watching 2 Movies but instead of having the buzz for a couple of weeks, you could have had the anticipation and buzz for a couple of months and things that would have happened in the earlier episodes would have had time to digest, instead of people talking about the Finale.

However I know that people like binge watching and Cobra Kai seemingly has gotten the tradition of new episodes on New Years Eve.
Old 4th January 2022, 09:35 PM
Cult Acolyte

I've cancelled my Netflix and Stan subscriptions. Stan only really had Buffy and now they've lost that, and I've gone from Netflixing it every night when I started in August to, uh, never (once I'd finished Voyager it started going downhill lol).
A month back I did subscribe to YouTube Premium, which lets you watch it on TV sans adverts. I'm watching that now WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than the others, so screw it.
Old 5th January 2022, 12:24 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholasrope View Post
Cobra Kai: Season IV

The series that we never knew that we need is back and this time Daniel and Johnny team up in order to stop Kreese. However they bicker on the methods to use to teach their students. However Kreese is able to convince Terry Silver to come back and help him.

Kudos to the people who created this series because if someone said to me that a show based on a 80's Film Trilogy starring the stars from the original would not only last more than 3 episodes (Before it wears thin) that it's one of the best shows around and this is one great Season.

The fight scenes are really good and it is thrilling and there are some really good humor as well. However it is Martin Kove who again steals the show.

SPOILER:
Regarding Kreese, it seems that we may have his face turn in Season 5 as he goes after Silver and in Season 4, I thought that he seems like he cares for his students but does it in a misguided way especially after he looks out for Tori.

SPOILER:
Another thing I liked is that it seemingly looks like it's leading you to think something only to take it somewhere else for example Tori's new job (I was thinking surely that they are not going there)

SPOILER:
I liked that they bought back characters from Series for cameos, especially Stingray (Who had a bigger role than imagined)

Do Sony have the rights to Bloodsport? Seems weird that they showed a snippet. Sony surely have their own Martial Arts Movies (Shootfighter a Film starring Kove & Zabka)

SPOILER:
I think people were expecting Hilary Swank but I think she appears later on as I believe she will assist Tori (Similar Wild Child) with her Aunt.

Was going to say that I wish that they would release Season 3 on DVD as I was fearing that it wouldn't be released but luckily it's out in January.

The Only thing that I didn't like is that all episodes were released on the same day. This is because I feel that I'm compelled to watch it all in order to complete it and avoid spoilers.

Granted the episodes are between 30-45 minutes long and if you do it in 2 sittings, it's like watching 2 Movies but instead of having the buzz for a couple of weeks, you could have had the anticipation and buzz for a couple of months and things that would have happened in the earlier episodes would have had time to digest, instead of people talking about the Finale.

However I know that people like binge watching and Cobra Kai seemingly has gotten the tradition of new episodes on New Years Eve.
I watched cobra Kai in 2 days with binge watching,
Really enjoyed It and good thing was towards last 2 episode there was a few surprise that you weren't expecting, The reviews are good but at the same time it's being billed as the worst season so far,

That's the problem when they release a series in one go if you get into one episode you just watch the next and so on and before you know it you seen them all more or less in one go or in 2 days,

When new series starts I tend to watch last 2 episodes of last series to refresh myself of what gone on and how last season finished,

Did same thing with the money heist, I've finished that now,

With cobrai kai, money heist and on last 2 episodes of the witcher I need something new to binge watch now.
nicholasrope likes this.
Old 5th January 2022, 10:07 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Been watching bizarre ER,

One series on Netflix and another on prime,

About ppl who’ve ended up in hospital with unusual injuries or injuries caused by carelessness, or plain accident.
Even tho don't mind blood and guts in films some of these accidents etc are definitely not for the squeamish and sometimes makes you go wtf, Eg
The bloke who nailed his hand to a plank of wood by not paying attention when using a nail gun,
This is a blokes foot all started only less than 24hrs ago when he he stubbed his toe but got an infection that just blew up instantly and nurses had to act fast because it was getting worse even while he was in the hospital and if not treated asap he could end up losing his leg,
Fascinating but also omg and ew at the same time,
Like the women who got cancer in her jaw so bad as last resort she ended up with leaches On the inside of her mouth for 10 days.
And the bloke who almost sliced his foot off with an Angle grinder when it slipped right into his leg, his foot was barely hanging on.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg A869988A-EC3C-47E8-B6A6-579B1B80AC3D.jpeg (25.7 KB, 5 views)
File Type: jpg 521F38C6-8BFA-4EBA-9F3C-1BA783EC988E.jpg (89.9 KB, 5 views)
MrBarlow likes this.
Old 5th January 2022, 01:34 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Been watching bizarre ER,

One series on Netflix and another on prime,

About ppl who’ve ended up in hospital with unusual injuries or injuries caused by carelessness, or plain accident.
Even tho don't mind blood and guts in films some of these accidents etc are definitely not for the squeamish and sometimes makes you go wtf, Eg
The bloke who nailed his hand to a plank of wood by not paying attention when using a nail gun,
This is a blokes foot all started only less than 24hrs ago when he he stubbed his toe but got an infection that just blew up instantly and nurses had to act fast because it was getting worse even while he was in the hospital and if not treated asap he could end up losing his leg,
Fascinating but also omg and ew at the same time,
Like the women who got cancer in her jaw so bad as last resort she ended up with leaches On the inside of her mouth for 10 days.
And the bloke who almost sliced his foot off with an Angle grinder when it slipped right into his leg, his foot was barely hanging on.
Reading that made me squeamish yet I may check it out.
gag likes this.
Old 6th January 2022, 10:58 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Toast Of Tinseltown

Had to see what the Beeb made them change didn't I?
Well .... no spoilers but you'll see a tamer version ... well ...
Cameos are less annoying than i imagined.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 10th January 2022, 01:01 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Now and again I stick YouTube on my tv and browse through what crops up,

Recently I’ve seen (just short clips between 10-20 min long)
Old Blackpool,
Documentary on old computers,
Bygone sweets
And a few other things,

Any how Grange Hill cropped up so decided to watch the first 3 series, it was alright, guess times and things change I felt it was more suited to remembering nostalgia in your head, I fast forward to see what a later series would be like eg series 20, by god it so utter shit, seems to have lost what the shows was about its appeal, lack of any decent, interesting, likeable or what so ever Characters that the early days had.
nosferatu42 and MrBarlow like this.
Old 10th January 2022, 01:57 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by gag View Post
Now and again I stick YouTube on my tv and browse through what crops up,

Recently I’ve seen (just short clips between 10-20 min long)
Old Blackpool,
Documentary on old computers,
Bygone sweets
And a few other things,

Any how Grange Hill cropped up so decided to watch the first 3 series, it was alright, guess times and things change I felt it was more suited to remembering nostalgia in your head, I fast forward to see what a later series would be like eg series 20, by god it so utter shit, seems to have lost what the shows was about its appeal, lack of any decent, interesting, likeable or what so ever Characters that the early days had.
I think around 94-95 it started to go down hill and that's when I became disinterested in Grange Hill

Like this? Share it using the links below!