Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television

Like Tree13822Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th April 2022, 06:20 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Death In Paradise: Season 7.

Murder From Above.
A woman soon to be married to a hotel owner Philip Marston jumps from the hotel balcony, the team are convinced it was murder staged to look like a suicide.

The Stakes Are High.
Four poker players are playing for a high win of $3 million dollars only for one of them to die during the game.

Written In Murder.
Novelist Frank O'Toole is murdered during a early morning swim after being found with a knife in his chest.

The Healer. Faith healer Pastor Steadman King returns to the island after being away for over 30 years, during the service a client dies in front of everyone due to poisoning.

Murder On Day Of The Dead.
The island celebrating it's Day Of The Dead, Daisy Anderson who is a auctioneer for the local Yacht Club is found dead.

Meditated In Murder.
The Co-Owner of a spiritualist club is found dead by being strangled, but everyone was together when it happened and the team uncover some things from the past about the victim.

Dark Memories.
A old school friend of J.P. confesses to a killing, the team think it's straightforward case until a clue from a peanut gives Jack a clue.

Melodies Of Murder.
A Reggae band return to the island, Billy Springer calls Commissioner Patterson about new evidence from a cold case but then he is found dead, the commissioner along with the team look into both murders.
Old 25th April 2022, 10:12 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Boomtown: Season 1

2002 show starring Donnie Wahlberg and Mykelti Williamson (A Actor I quite like) set in Los Angeles, this is a Crime Series which tells the story from multiple perspectives of the characters (Think Vantage Point) whether it's Policeman, Detectives, News Reporter, Paramedic and witnesses.

It is really cleverly done as bits of information is passed on before we see it (Like Easter Eggs) but it's not complicated nor confusing.

I know it's a cliché but this was a show ahead of it's time and worse shows stayed on. Apparently it got poor ratings even though it got rave reviews and got switched nights.

A second season only lasted 6 episodes before being cancelled (It deserved better) and to had insult they changed the format and had the Paramedic join The Police Academy.

I also read that they were instructed not to do episodes similar to the one where they explained Fearless's back story.

Luckily I have the Box Set on DVD and still really enjoyed it. Both Seasons look like they are on You Tube, which kinda tells me that the rights holder do not care, which is a real shame as I really enjoyed it.

Can't remember Season 2 much, probably re-visit sometime.
Old 28th April 2022, 06:30 PM
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator

Started watching Jekyll (2007) last night.

Steven Moffat's new modern take, no, more a sequel to the 1886 novella Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde as it uses the Stevenson tale as it's back story of what has gone previously.

It stars James Nesbitt as Tom Jackman, a modern-day descendant of Dr. Jekyll, who has recently begun transforming into a version of Mr. Hyde. In true Moffat style it's cleverly constructed and quite different to what you may come to expect.

Nesbitt is excellent as Jekyll and Hyde although it's quite interesting that at times when playing the sadistic and twisted Hyde if i shut my eyes i could hear Peter Capaldi's take on Doctor Who more than a few times. I guess that's slightly worrying when that show is for a family audience and this is violent and sweary and thankfully uncut unlike when it was broadcast on BBC1.

Two episodes in out of six and i'm thoroughly enjoying it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (85.3 KB, 5 views)
Old 28th April 2022, 08:43 PM
Cult Acolyte

It's decent but it gets a bit out of control as it goes on IIRC.

Watched the pilot episode of Miami Vice last night. Pretty good so far. Looks bootiful on Blu ray too!
Old 29th April 2022, 05:56 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Can only think to put this here tbh ...

Been watching this On Cinema At The Cinema, a Tim Heidecker thing which is making me laugh a lot. Ostensibly a film review show where TH and a cohort ... review films , but it doesn't go quite to plan due to a certain members behaviour.
Featuring Joe Estevez, Mark Proksch (Colin from WWDITS) and Gregg Turkington, this just goes off the rails spectacularily. If you are familiar with Tim & Eric, you'll get the jist, whilst it isn't as daft as that show, it takes Partridge's schtick to its illogical conclusion.
Ahem.

[B]
"... the days ahead will be filled with struggle ... and coated in marzipan ... "[/B]
Old 5th May 2022, 09:25 PM
Cult Acolyte

Dexter New Blood, episode 1. Good start, better than most revivals already. The new locale and supporting cast gives it a fresh feel and makes it feel like everyone hasn't been standing in place for nearly a decade, but Dexter is still Dexter and having Deb now becoming the ghost of his conscience instead of his dad both makes psychological sense and adds some reassuring familiarity to proceedings. Solid so far.
Old 5th May 2022, 09:27 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Dexter New Blood, episode 1. Good start, better than most revivals already. The new locale and supporting cast gives it a fresh feel and makes it feel like everyone hasn't been standing in place for nearly a decade, but Dexter is still Dexter and having Deb now becoming the ghost of his conscience instead of his dad both makes psychological sense and adds some reassuring familiarity to proceedings. Solid so far.
I really enjoyed it until the last episode which they completely spoiled it all.
iank likes this.
Old 16th May 2022, 08:09 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first two episodes of star Trek strange new worlds, well this is more like it after some what dispointing discovery and Picard , it's back to the usual problem of the week style of the earlier shows , the cast are very good, it's enjoyable and phasers are set too fun!

After elm street going start watching.

Old 23rd May 2022, 07:45 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Watched the first couple of episodes of this , one of those shows wasn't keen on as a child but now it's a whole different matter , back to a more innocent time when violence and sex wasn't the norm. A show that brings a smile too your face and a warm feeling in your heart , watching the opening was like being transported back too Sunday afternoons as a kid. Looking forward to watch the rest. A tonic too these troubled times.

A even better opening !

Last edited by trebor8273; 23rd May 2022 at 08:21 PM.
Old 28th May 2022, 06:28 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

NCIS: Season 17

Out Of The Darkness
Ziva who was supposedly dead comes back and asks for help and reasons why for being dead comes to light.

Into The Light
Gibbs and Ziva's lives are in danger when they uncover a terrorist plot.

Going Mobile.
A delivery lorry arriving at NCIS headquarters has a body stacked underneath it, the team try to track down where it has been and the body leads them to a trailer park. Sloane tries to get the team to talk about Ziva.

Someone Else's Shoes.
A bizarre case comes to light at the Arlington National Cemetery when a service horse appears carrying a foot, the team believe someone is attacking homeless veterans. Director Vance orders McGee, Bishop and Torres to complete the inventory at the evidence locker.

Wide Awake.
A marine wakes to find a gun in her fridge but has no idea where it came from and a dead body appears with a bullet that matches the gun, the team find no connection between the victim and the marine. Gibbs meets his new neighbours a single parent and her son Phineas

Institutionalized
A Petty Officer son is found dead at a party, the suspect Dante is a long time friend of Kasie's and tries to prove his innocence. When the evidence is mounting up against Dante, Vance gives Kasie a order...keep looking.

No Vacancy.
While investigating a murder at a motel, the team uncover hidden live stream cameras in the attic that look into the rooms.

Musical Chairs.
A Naval Band having a laugh on their bus heading back home takes a turn when a band member suddenly jumps out of the emergency exit door. Gibbs lets McGee take point on the investigation when he takes time off.

IRL
A Petty Officer and gamer who was live streaming is killed, the team try to track down who done it and why. Gibbs is asked to look after Phineas at the last minute, she has one rule...no screens which Gibbs ignores.

The North Pole.
Ziva returns to NCIS and asks for a favur before returning to her family.

In The Wind.
With Ziva's request for help, Gibbs faces the consequences of his actions.

Flight Plan.
The team investigate why a F-18 pilot crashed during a routine flight, they uncover the pilot survived and is on the run. Mcgee discusses something personnel with the team that director Vance hears about it as well.

Sound Off.
During a drone test a body is found found at the test site, the team try to uncover if it was a accident or murder. Jimmy feeling over worked decides to interview for candidates for a medical examiner assistant.

On Fire.
Torres and Bishop are out running when they become victims of a hit and run leaving Torres in ICU. The suspect is a popular Russian internet sensation who has Diplomatic Immunity and the team fight to keep him in the country to face his actions when they find out he has a string of convictions that he has got away with.

Lonely Hearts.
Gibbs friend Phillip Brooks is dating a woman who may be the main suspect in a killing. Sloane receives a package on Valentine's Day and everyone thinks she has a secret admirer.

Ephemera.
A retired Navy Officer commits suicide and left a rare coin to the museum, the team try to figure out who actually owns the coin through letters picture themselves going through the thoughts of people who are connected to the coin.

In A Nutshell
A Petty officer is murdered the same way his parents died years earlier, in a container they find doll houses that match the murder, with help of the victim's sister they try and uncover who the murderer is.

Schooled.
The team searches for answers when the body of a Navy technician is found floating in a lake where a popular community event is being held.

Blarney.
While meeting in a diner, Jimmy, Kasie and a few other people are taken hostage by three men who tried to rob a jewelry shop.

The Arizona.
The team investigate a break in at a Admiral's house and only thing taken was a Purple Heart medal. The team find the culprit, a 95 year old who claims he is a survivor of The Arizona that was hit during Pearl Harbor and wants his ashes to be placed on the boat when he dies.
(Guest Starring Christopher Lloyd)

This season took me over three days to watch....yeah I know I'm slipping with the viewing This had plenty of twists and turns in it with the Gibbs And Ziva story. At least the writers left the comedy in when it comes to Gibbs and Fornell acting like a arguing married couple. Working in a office and walls have ears why would McGee discuss something personnel that everyone knows will reach the top brass but even vance is able to pull a smile or two.

Like this? Share it using the links below!