Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Like Tree13830Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th November 2022, 09:31 PM
Cult Acolyte

Kolchak: The Ripper. Kolchak suspects a murderer stalking Chicago is the real Jack the Ripper. This episode is a fun start to the regular series and while the plot is a bit of a ripoff of elements from both the TV movies (deliberately?) this is actually a lot of fun just from the character interactions. And may I say, HOLY F**K at the massively improved PQ on the Blu rays. I mean, The A Team looks better than the DVDs, but the DVDs were still pretty good. But the Kolchak DVD PQ is rubbish, like viewing it through mud, but the Blu ray is GORGEOUS. Gorgeous, I tell thee!
Old 19th November 2022, 12:01 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Atomic Train. 1999.

A waste disposable company uses a freight train heading to Denver to get rid of their cargo of flammable liquid, when the breaks fail NTSB John Severs is put on the train to stop it they find out a someone has snuck on a unstable nuclear weapon. It becomes a race against to stop the train, when that fails and the train is derailed it becomes a race against to find the weapon and disarm it.

This is not a perfect mini series it does have some noticeable flaws in it especially with a runaway train yet this was strangely entertaining. Rob Lowe plays the NTSB officer, while Edward Hermann plays the President and clashes a few times with Air Force general Don S. Davies. Decent enough to pass 2 and half hours.

p21686_v_v8_aa.jpg
Old 23rd November 2022, 10:24 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Walker: Texas Ranger: Season 1

Chuck Norris is the titular character solving many crimes with the only way he knows how. He is partnered with a new ranger who he teases a lot. As this was originally shown in 1993, there are much better shows now but it's a decent watch and I'd would have enjoyed it much more if I had seen this in the 90's.

As with many older shows, there were some interesting co-stars from Tobey Maguire and Giovanni Ribisi. Also there was Mike Norris, Richard Norton and Patrick Kilpatrick (For the 90's B-Movie Action Crowd)

I believe that there was a mistake in the opening credits, originally it said Walker: Texas Ranger is Chuck Norris. It got changed to the other way around later on.
Old 28th November 2022, 07:10 AM
Cult Acolyte

Wednesday. Middling on this so far. Feels a bit like a standard CW supernatural teen drama that someone had the bright idea of grafting The Addams Family onto to get it more attention than it would have otherwise. That being said, Jenna Ortega (the only "new" cast member of the godawful new Scream movie to make any impression on me at all) is spot on as Wednesday, a worthy successor to Christina Ricci, and is seriously pretty too. Her perky little blonde roommate is pretty damn cute too, and their burgeoning chalk and cheese friendship is a lot more fun and interesting than the 'plot' so far. I'm kind of hoping they'll get together at some point. Maybe in season 2? It is Netflix after all!
Old 28th November 2022, 04:49 PM
Cult Acolyte

x2zp9f3bt80a1.jpg
THE GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY
HOLIDAY SPECIAL

Mantis and Drax attempt to kidnap Kevin Bacon to give to Starlord as a Christmas present..
This is a feel good adventure and really great fun. This special also gives a chance for Mantis to shine and all her scenes are terrific.

star-wars-the-clone-wars-review-image-1024x587.jpg
STAR WARS THE CLONE WARS

I rewatched all 7 seasons. The whole series is excellent and blasted new hero Ahsoka to one of the most loved Star Wars characters.
Season 7 ties in to events in REVENGE OF THE SITH.

Now on to Star Wars REBELS re-watch..
Old 29th November 2022, 10:34 PM
Cult Acolyte

The Bill: New Management. Chief Insp. Cato is unimpressed by both his performance appraisal and a visit from a snot-nosed new Chief Inspector from another station complaining about one of his officers. It's ironic that Cato started as such a twat but as his leaving draws near you're sympathising with his frustration with nonsensical PC twattery and politics more and more. And his "If you ever pull a stunt like that again I'll personally bounce you round the car park" line to the other CI when he's expecting him to apologise is the stuff of legend. I remember me and my brother both collapsing into laughter at that scene. We quoted that line for many years to come.
Old 30th November 2022, 05:00 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by iank View Post
Wednesday. Middling on this so far. Feels a bit like a standard CW supernatural teen drama that someone had the bright idea of grafting The Addams Family onto to get it more attention than it would have otherwise. That being said, Jenna Ortega (the only "new" cast member of the godawful new Scream movie to make any impression on me at all) is spot on as Wednesday, a worthy successor to Christina Ricci, and is seriously pretty too. Her perky little blonde roommate is pretty damn cute too, and their burgeoning chalk and cheese friendship is a lot more fun and interesting than the 'plot' so far. I'm kind of hoping they'll get together at some point. Maybe in season 2? It is Netflix after all!
I'm really enjoying it , you can see bits of Tim Burton , which is naturally as he is behind it, but I would like it to be more Burton next season which I think is a giving as it's been well received and one of Netflix's most popular shows already .
Old 30th November 2022, 09:02 PM
Seasoned Cultist

Mighty Ducks: Game Changers: Season 2

The new Ducks are back and they are accidentally invited to an elite Ice Hockey Camp in the Summer (They thought that they were inviting the other Ducks unaware of the name swap)

The Camp is run by Josh Dumhel and his son is also there but is resenting the pressure of being the son of a former NHL Player.

There is also the relationships amongst the players as well as the sometimes on/off bickering with The Ducks Coach (Lauren German)

Throughout the Season, the players try to qualify for the exhibition game against a Canadian Team.

The 1st Season was a bit of a mess (I think Covid was a cause) and after the announcement that Emilio Estevez wasn't going to be in it, it wasn't looking good but this season had a clearer focus and it didn't write off Estevez completely and Dumhel did rather well.
Old 1st December 2022, 11:35 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

A Christmas Carol.

A darker toned take on Charles Dickens tale of the old tight fisted mizer who is visited by three ghosts and able to mend his ways in life. Guy Pearce actually does a decent take on the character even though he does have a bit of a potty mouth. The plot is different to the previous versions and they showed the face of the Ghost Of Christmas Yet to Come and somehow pictured his face to be scarred and somewhat scary.

A_Christmas_Carol_2019_BBC.jpg
Old 3rd December 2022, 06:40 AM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

The Hot Zone:Anthrax

Noble Eagle.
After a man falls ill, Special Agent Matthew Ryker of the F.B.I. is determined to prove that the man has been in contact with anthrax.

Hell's Kitchen.
Ryker's investigation takes a turn when someone in New York has been infected with Anthrax and a bio chemist Bruce Irvin may have suspicion that a work colleague is responsible.

Neither Rain Nor Sleet.
A U.S. postal service is under quarantine after a letter at Capital Hill was open and a powder was released into a office from the envelope. Stryker is sent to investigate and teams up with a fellow F.B.I agent Dani Toretti.

Dream Boldly, Live Fully.
The F.B.I try to trace the source of a letter that was sent from a school and also look into the staff at the bio services who have worked on Anthrax. While there the staff are questioned and some flags are raised for Bruce Irvin.

Stanton Roeselli.
After some questions are raised about Bruce Irvin, another person falls unde suspicion, a former bio chemist who was dismissed from his post.

RMR-1029.
Ryker suspicions are tested when he believes he knows who is responsible, along with Toretti have the evidence and try to persuade a District Attorney for a arrest warrant.

Based on true events that happened not long after 9/11 and set over a period of a month this was decently played out with actor Daniel Dae Kim playing Rryker who is trying to find how the Anthrax was released while dealing with early signs of PTSD. Some parts can be quite tense and shows the lengths how the F.B.I went through to uncover who was responsible but sadly there was 6 deaths. Like season 1 this is certainly worth a watch.

1600x900-Q90_07470584108bc03e865f1a226d7a1816.jpg

Like this? Share it using the links below!