Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Kolchak: The Night Stalker (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/8096-kolchak-night-stalker.html)

Rik 29th February 2012 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 221011)
I do like a bit of Kolchak. It's been a while since I saw the series repeated on TV and one day I'll have to pick it up but I have the R1 of the two features.

Has anyone seen the modern one? Never had a chance to see it myself.

I've not seen it but from what I gather its a load of rubbish, I think I'll rent it first and make up my own mind.

Rik 2nd March 2012 09:47 PM

Well. my dvd set arrived today so I'm currently working my way through disc number 1. Its just as good as I remember it from years ago :pop2:

VicDakin 7th March 2012 05:39 PM

Gordon Spangler / Gordy / Gordy Spangler

29 Attachment(s)
Kolchak: The Night Stalker (TV series)
Gordon Spangler / Gordy / Gordy Spangler
– The Youth Killer (1975) … Gordy
– They Have Been, They Are, They Will Be... (1974) … Gordy Spangler
– The Zombie (1974) … Gordon Spangler

I thought id take a look at some of the recurring characters in the Kolchak universe,Gordon Spangler played by character actor John Fiedler,is really great as the morgue attendant on the take,whenever Carl needs some info on a corpse,then Gordy is the man.Great comic relief,especially considering his job,Such a great character that you feel he's in every episode,but only did 3,although a total stranger to patient confidentiality.

VicDakin 8th March 2012 06:16 PM

Jack Grinnage as Ron Updyke

14 Attachment(s)
Jack Grinnage as Ron Updyke
wiki-
Ron Updyke works at INS with Carl Kolchak. He is a very uptight, easily insulted, petty, weenie of a man. Kolchak will often deliberately mangle his pronunciation of "Updyke" just to irritate him. For example, once Kolchak pronounced his last name as "Uptight". Ron became furious, and ran straight to their boss's office to tell on him.
Another of Ron's pet peeves is Kolchak parking in his (reserved) parking space. He even tried to have Kolchak's car towed once, but the plan backfired, when Kolchak switched cars.
The Night Stalker" (18 episodes )
The Ripper (13 September 1974)
They Have Been, They Are, They Will Be... (27 September 1974)
The Vampire (4 October 1974
The Werewolf (1 November 1974
Firefall (8 November 1974)
The Devil's Platform (15 November 1974)
Bad Medicine (29 November 1974)
The Spanish Moss Murders (6 December 1974)
The Energy Eater (13 December 1974)
Horror in the Heights (20 December 1974)
Mr. R.I.N.G. (10 January 1975)
Primal Scream (17 January 1975)
The Trevi Collection (24 January 1975)
Chopper (31 January 1975)
Demon in Lace (7 February 1975) -
Legacy of Terror (14 February 1975)
The Knightly Murders (7 March 1975)
The Youth Killer (14 March 1975)

Hawkmonger 8th March 2012 06:17 PM

That is one awsome tash! :pound:

VicDakin 9th March 2012 06:12 PM

The Energy Eater

31 Attachment(s)
Nice guest appearance from my fav B-movie tough guy William Smith.

VicDakin 10th March 2012 01:18 PM

The Night Stalker (TV movie) 1972

51 Attachment(s)
Where it all begain............

VicDakin 11th March 2012 10:01 PM

The Night Strangler (TV 1973)

42 Attachment(s)
The 2nd Kolchak film........The Night Strangler

Not alot of peope know this,according to IMDB-
At the end of the film Kolchak is telling Vincenzo and Janie Watkins (now both also out of work thanks to him) that he's going to drive them to New York City and that they'll love New York. Director Dan Curtis and screenwriter Richard Matheson had actually planned to do a third Kolchak movie set in NYC. In New York, Kolchak was going to discover that Janos Skorzeny - the vampire from the first film - was not only not dead, but active again! This film was going to complete a planned trilogy of Kolchak movies, entitled The Trilogy of Terror.

VicDakin 13th March 2012 04:41 PM

Bad Medicine Richard Kiel

33 Attachment(s)
Kolchak vs Jaws or as his mum knows him Richard Kiel

A series of apparent suicides among high-society matrons coincides with a bizarre jewel theft by a towering Indian who mysteriously disappears when cornered. Carl must learn who the tall Indian is, why he's stealing gems and slaying their owners - and how to stop him forever.

Rik 13th March 2012 05:36 PM

I watched this episode last night (along with three others), I can't get enough of this series at the minute.
Great stills by the way, again :)