Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Television (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=567)
-   -   Bottom (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/television/8298-bottom.html)

Pete 29th March 2012 11:20 PM

Bottom

For me, Bottom is the funniest TV show ever. I just love it. Rik Mayall and Ade Edmonson are comedy geniuses and are superb as Ritche and Eddie. Christopher Ryan and Steven O'Donnell are also brilliant as the equally pathetic Dave Hedgehog and Spud Gun.

Not too keen on the live show's though. They have their moments but are nowhere near as good as the tv series.

Anyone else a fan?

Pete 29th March 2012 11:25 PM

Bottom - The Chess Fight (Hilarious Scene, Never Fails To Make Me Laugh) - YouTube

Bottom Comedy TV Show - Richie Chops His Finger Off - YouTube

Bottom There's someone down in the lounge! - YouTube

Bottom Gas - Gasman Frying Pan Scene - British TV Comedy - YouTube

Bottom - You've been drinking, haven't you? - YouTube

Susan Foreman 30th March 2012 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pete (Post 227468)
Not too keen on the live show's though. They have their moments but are nowhere near as good as the tv series

Totally disagree

Although I love the television show, I saw the live show on two occasions, and I thought it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I literally did not stop laughing during the entire two hours of each show

Can I ask if you actually saw the productions at the theatre, or whether you have just seen the DVD's of them?

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 09:45 AM

Yes! Yes! Yes! Times a million!

It's easily one of my very favourite shows and I constantly find myself watching the box set over and over. The live shows are great too, but definetly get worse as they go along...you complete and utter baaaastard! :p

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 09:49 AM

Who's your fav of the duo? Mine's easily Richie - he's hillarious!

Demoncrat 30th March 2012 10:20 AM

Any opinion on Guest House Paradiso then? For me it's half a misfire but the set pieces are up there imo. The minute you see the kids swing etc.....:laugh:

Pete 30th March 2012 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suziginajackson (Post 227482)
Totally disagree

Although I love the television show, I saw the live show on two occasions, and I thought it was the funniest thing I have ever seen. I literally did not stop laughing during the entire two hours of each show

Can I ask if you actually saw the productions at the theatre, or whether you have just seen the DVD's of them?

I saw them on VHS a long a time ago. I really should give them another go.

Pete 30th March 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs (Post 227497)
Who's your fav of the duo? Mine's easily Richie - he's hillarious!

Definitely Richie, he has me in tears laughing. One of my favourite scenes is when he's getting lipo suction from the hoover and get's 'stuck'.

'Put it on blow! Put it on blow!'

Eddie: 'You dirty, dirty bastard!'

:lol:

Pete 30th March 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demoncrat (Post 227502)
Any opinion on Guest House Paradiso then? For me it's half a misfire but the set pieces are up there imo. The minute you see the kids swing etc.....:laugh:

I've only seen it once and remember thinking it was pretty funny.

Demdike@Cult Labs 30th March 2012 12:46 PM

I saw three out of the four stage shows. Unfortunately they got worse as they went along.

The Weapons Grade Y-Front show was a real let down i felt.

On a slightly related note. When i was at college doing a communications course we went to Yorkshire tv at Leeds to watch an episode of The New Statesman being filmed.

It was done in front of a live audience much the same as Mrs Brown's Boys is now. It was a brilliant time. Rik and the rest of the cast were far funnier conversing with the audience inbetween takes than the show itself ever was. A real treat. It went on for ages as well.