Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Topic of the Week

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th November 2011, 01:52 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default Most Under-Rated / Over-Rated Character?

Hello Prisoner fans!

We all love this incredible cult TV show, but I've been wondering whether you think there are any characters in the show that you find overrated? Perhaps you've never understood Bea and her Queen like status? Or maybe you've got it in for The Freak?

And what about characters that you think are under-rated? Which characters do you feel should get more recognition?

Share your thoughts here!

(And don't be afraid to start your own Prisoner threads on the forum too!)
Old 29th November 2011, 02:25 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

For me, it's a tough one, but I'd have to go with Doreen as my most 'over-rated' character. Don't get me wrong, I think she is a great part of the show, but too much off her does get slightly annoying when compared to the other characters.

As for most under appreciated character, there's no doubt in my mind, it has to be Mrs Foster! Even though she was only in a few episodes, she was easily one of my favourite characters and was a lot of fun every time she appeared on the screen with a cat.

Old 30th November 2011, 02:34 AM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by iluvdvds@Cult Labs View Post
As for most under appreciated character, there's no doubt in my mind, it has to be Mrs Foster! Even though she was only in a few episodes, she was easily one of my favourite characters and was a lot of fun every time she appeared on the screen with a cat.
sorry but I couldn't stand her lol
most overrated...hard to say but maybe Noeline Burke or Monica Ferguson
Underrated...I find this really hard also but MAYBE Lisa Mullins 2? I really liked her but don't know many that would mention her much as a top fave
Old 30th November 2011, 02:43 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert View Post
sorry but I couldn't stand her lol
most overrated...hard to say but maybe Noeline Burke or Monica Ferguson
Underrated...I find this really hard also but MAYBE Lisa Mullins 2? I really liked her but don't know many that would mention her much as a top fave
Really? Ah, she was the best! Always made me laugh whenever she appeared. Oh well, each to their own.

Great choices, Robert!
Old 1st December 2011, 09:10 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

I really need to watch through all my 40 volumes again but Doreen is soo overated, she's a useless character most of the time.
iluvdvds@Cult Labs and Gav.76 like this.
Old 4th December 2011, 04:29 PM
Competitions Moderator
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMIOUSE View Post
I really need to watch through all my 40 volumes again but Doreen is soo overated, she's a useless character most of the time.

Ah! Glad to see someone agree with me!
Old 15th December 2011, 06:17 AM
Cult Rookie

I fail to see how Doreen can be over rated, when from what I've seen in various Prisoner circles, she seems to be slated as a character. As such, if she isn't rated, how can she then be over rated, if the majority hate her anyway?
Old 29th February 2012, 06:24 PM
Cult Rookie

Having gone on a prisoner Marathon since I bought the first 10 volumes at christmas, I honestly feel that one of the most under-rated actresses on the show was Fay Kelton (Alison Page)... No... Honestly!!!!! I couldn't believe how many times I nearly cried when watching her performance (and not for the reason that some may believe :P)

The character was really put through the wringer (and all for being a bit of a snob!) and Kelton is amazing at portraying a woman driven to the edge. I can see why some folk despise the character, but I personally feel quite sorry for her (and I'm sure when she got home to that dreary husband and freaky kids she was faffing around with coat hangers and power points again!)

As for over -rated characters I personally never felt the love for old Reyno at the time - I look forward to re-evaluating the character when her episodes come around. I'm sure age will have mellowed me!
Vinegarfreak likes this.
Old 23rd March 2012, 07:07 PM
Cult Rookie

Doreen was pretty useless.... but what a sweetie!
Old 22nd May 2012, 01:27 PM
Cult Rookie

Bobbie seems to be a favourite, but she used to do my head in. Nothing likeable about her at all. Oh and Margo Gaffney - she was supposed to be tough, but to me seemed about as intimidating as a wet paper bag

Underrated for me has to be Sandy Edwards. Her short stint was a nice breath of fresh air, and pretty exciting and action packed too

Like this? Share it using the links below!