Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Entertainment > Television > Prisoner Cell Block H: The Official UK DVD Forum > Topic of the Week
All AlbumsBlogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11th January 2012, 05:54 PM
Competitions Moderator
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader

Default If Prisoner Was Remade Today...

Hi all!

So here's a rather interesting little question. If Prisoner: Cell Block H was remade today, who would it star as who? Who would play Bea? Vinegar Tits? Doreen? And of course, The Freak?

Share you thoughts here!
Old 23rd March 2012, 06:12 PM
Cult Rookie

AbFabs Patsy Stone as Erica Davidson!
Old 26th March 2012, 05:45 PM
Cultist

Paris Hilton as Marilyn Mason.

Lindsay Lohan as one of the young characters, maybe Roz Coulson.
Old 28th March 2012, 08:15 AM
Cultist

Who do you think would make a good Lou kelly?
Old 9th April 2012, 10:42 AM
Cult Rookie

Maggie Smith as Mum
Old 26th August 2012, 03:32 PM
Cultist

Default ?

I genuinely cannot think of anyone who could play any of these characters. They were the type of characters that you either get right with a certain actress, or don't get right at all. I cannot imagine anyone else playing the freak...that's Maggie Kirkpatrick's role...maybe someone else could portray a similarly good villain...but they could not portray the freak as Kirkpatrick did. Same goes for any other dominant role I feel...and Pixie...nobody else could portray her in the same way.

It is more than good script writing that makes a good character, and the actor's persona/presence has so much to do with it...there are characters you're either supposed to love or hate, such as the freak...you can only love a character like her if it is portrayed accurately. Other characters that you are also supposed to love to hate, are people such as Kay...can't remember her surname...well, I never even loved to hate her because I didn't really think it was acted that well...although Sonia Stevens was superb...I loved to hate her, then loved her, then hated her....

There are story line changes I would make if it were possible to time travel...but alas, not.

Like this? Share it using the links below!