Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Topic of the Week (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   Lol lol PCBH Lol!!1! (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/topic-week/7713-lol-lol-pcbh-lol-1-a.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 18th January 2012 08:35 PM

Lol lol PCBH Lol!!1!

Hi there!

Excuse the stupid title, Prisoner fans. Anyways, this thread is all about the funniest parts of the show. What have made you laugh the most? Intentionally or otherwise.

I came across these brilliant videos today - there's a whole series of them on Youtube, so definetly check those out! It's a whole load of bloopers, mistakes and other unintentional comedy gold...

Prisoner Cell Block H gaffes, bloopers, mistakes & continuity errors - Part Two - YouTube

Then there's of course, all those wobbly sets - you gotta love them!

Prisoner Cell Block H...Did the walls wobble? - YouTube

So when have you laughed at Prisoner?

Robert 19th January 2012 05:28 PM

Glad you like the videos and they were both done by me

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 20th January 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robert (Post 210434)
Glad you like the videos and they were both done by me

You, sir, are a genius! :clap: :nod:

Cat 21st January 2012 09:53 AM

Good on ya Dooooor!

Lizzy Birdsworth is the ultimate. wandering around Wentworth half gone on prison brew half the time and always yelling out her opinions at the top of her voice. When they show mornings in the prison it's always Lizzie's foghorn yelling out some rubbish.

Prisoner is the best Ausralian TV show ever made hands down.

My first gut laugh on Prisoner is when Jim Fletcher is introduced and he sets up a prostitute who has just been released from Wentworth. They meet on a park bench and she ( who's been trying to get him into the sack) says something like " I suppose you think I'm just a common slut?" to which Jim replies (deadpan, straight faced, 70's sunnies on and staring into the distance SO cool) " You've been called that before." lmao

Has anyone noticed the women's shoes? They were the most fabulously retro gorgeous fashion heels with their denim, why you'd be tottering around in the lock up in wedge heels I'll never know but I love keeping an eye out on them.

I get a laugh out of some of the fight scenes, once Bea gets scratched by some random bit player and it is the most obvious poorly performed fight moment ever, almost as bad as some Star Trek fight scenes I've seen. It all adds to the major kitsch factor that makes the show so awesome.

jamie_leigh44 13th November 2012 02:47 PM

I had the pleasure of watching Myra Slap Angel across the face recently.... she walks over, sits down and looks at her all calm cool and collected then SLAP and she walks away and gets back to her conversation all calm cool and collected... GOLD! had to re-watch a couple times!

Most people hated her, but i absolutely loved Angel.... I've always had a thing for malicious sadistic evil characters - too short of i stint i say! (her and Bev Baker deserved a volume each at least!)

JL

The~Governor 15th November 2012 06:44 PM

Yeah, Angel was great.

I'd rate Nola, Angel, Bev and Ruth Ballinger as the four best 'bad' inmates in 692 eps of the series.

jamie_leigh44 15th November 2012 07:53 PM

Oh yeah defo!

I'd Add Marie Winters, Sharon Gilmour, Reb Keane and Sonia Stevens to that list, but Angel and Bev were too short lived!

JL

The~Governor 15th November 2012 07:57 PM

Frank Burke as well. I don't know how I could have left him off the list.

ScottishMermaid 20th November 2012 06:40 PM

mmm, and Lou...I am not gay, but I could so do Lou Kelly. hahahaha.

jamie_leigh44 20th November 2012 06:46 PM

you'd do Lou Kelly?!? :loco:

Kelly puts me in mind of how my sister would have been on the inside during her teens... i'm not sure why...

if i had to choose... i'd say... Helen Smart... she'd be great fun... and well experienced too...

JL