Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Topic of the Week (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=232)
-   -   The Saddest Moments Of Wentworth? (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/topic-week/7780-saddest-moments-wentworth.html)

iluvdvds@Cult Labs 28th January 2012 05:59 PM

The Saddest Moments Of Wentworth?

Hi there!

So, here's an interesting topic...

Out of entire history of Prisoner: Cell Block H has there been any moments that have genuinely made you upset or saddened? If so, share with us! :)

One time that springs to mind instantly for me, is the Christmas episode in which the inmates are locked up in their cells over the holiday as a sombre and rather moving christmas carol is sung above it. Powerful stuff!

So what's yours?

---------------------

Prisoner: Cell Block H - Volume 11 is out on the 20th of Feb and can be pre-ordered here.

dis 31st January 2012 07:26 PM

yep,when it finished!
actually missed the final episode!
also found the entire dvd collection on e bay,but costs over 600 quid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Gav.76 25th February 2012 04:24 AM

My saddest moment ...

Saddest moment for me was the tragic exit of Cass Parker to Ingleside, the infamous funny-farm.

After going through all that with Dr Edmunds, trying to kill her best friend as well as the grief she felt over Bobie's miscarriage, life for Cass was looking up. She was even engaged to marry Charlie!!

After Cruickshank gives her a karate chop in self defence, Cass was last seen lying on the floor and whimpering like a baby. Had me in tears :eek:

Loved Cass!!!!

http://www.wwwentworth.co.uk/scr/scr46003.jpg

ChrissyJM 27th February 2012 06:12 PM

When Lizzie thought she was dying after the woman pretended she was going deaf :( When she was telling Mrs M about her hidden photos were destroyed in the fire and also when she was writing out her will. Sheila Florence was a master at these sad story lines while still being able to infuse them with subtle comedic moments. Such as when she thought the women had forgot her Birthday. Both episodes had me in tears.
The Christmas Episode also had me in tears when the Prisoner sang "Silent Night" as Mrs Jackson did her rounds.

YouLilRipper 20th April 2012 04:52 AM

I bawled my eyes out when Pixie went to Ingelside after Frank Burke raped her the bit where Sheila Brady was singing "pixies song" and they was showing little clips of her it was the saddest thing!

cap1010 20th May 2012 02:01 PM

Most of Lizzie's sad scenes really made me 'well up', such as when she was forced to burn Sid's house. Even 'simple' scenes of Lizzie were so moving, ie when she was first released from Wentworth and was left sitting on her suitcase outside the prison gates because Doreen hadn't turned up.

The one storyline that saddened me the most was the Hazel Kent euthanasia storyline. It was a tough and hard-hitting story. I just wanted to cry when Hazel told Judy she loved her, just before she gave her the pills.

petemorris 22nd May 2012 01:22 PM

Pixie getting raped and Myra getting shot have got to be up there.

Joan accidentally stabbing her dog when she got drugged was pretty upsetting, shocking and brutal! I know she's the Freak, but it was her only friend lol

ScottishMermaid 26th August 2012 03:14 PM

:(

Both times Joanie's dogs were killed and Rita's final episodes. :( (not wanting to add any spoilers)

Myra's ending was pretty hard hitting too. :(

TimeLord XII 22nd October 2013 05:45 PM

Heather 'Mouse' Trapp

Seeing Mouse die when she burns to death in the great fire. She was one of the nicest characters.

wentworth fan site FB 24th October 2013 01:02 PM

Meg Morris

That horrible part where meg was gang raped, set up by that evil little troll, Angela `Angel` Adams! And where we found out about Rita`s cancer! Horrible and very sad! All the above comments too :dance: