Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Cult Labels > Official Shameless Fan Forum > The Shameless Collection > Torso

Like Tree29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14th October 2007, 08:36 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Default Torso

Quick question for you. On your website page for Torso it says that the DVD will feature English audio yet on the BBFC page for the recent decision it says 'Subtitled'. I'm now officially confused. Is it in English or is it in Italian with subtitles?

Cheers!

BBFC link
Old 15th October 2007, 03:46 PM
The Big Cheese
Good Trader

Hi Guys,

Well we to straighten out some details with the BBFC and how they list things as from what we can see the time cut from New York Ripper is not 34 secs but rather 25 and information like Torso is in Italian is also misleading.

What we're doing with Torso is releasing the English version but re-instating cut minutes with Italian footage which will be subtitled. Not a perfect solution but one we think works as you get the full thing as it should have been...
Old 15th October 2007, 07:10 PM
Active Cultist
Good Trader

Sounds good to me! I can understand you wanting to go for the English option for the majority of the film.

Thanks for clearing it up Almar.
Old 15th October 2007, 07:25 PM
Cult Acolyte
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almar@Shameless View Post
Hi Guys,

Well we to straighten out some details with the BBFC and how they list things as from what we can see the time cut from New York Ripper is not 34 secs but rather 25 and information like Torso is in Italian is also misleading.

What we're doing with Torso is releasing the English version but re-instating cut minutes with Italian footage which will be subtitled. Not a perfect solution but one we think works as you get the full thing as it should have been...

A longer version of Torso? that pleases me no end!
Old 16th October 2007, 12:46 PM
Blogs Moderator

I'm waiting on the screeners so I can get a review posted.
Old 21st October 2007, 06:43 AM
Ex-member

As a side note..... has anyone tried finding this dvd on Play?

It's there, but I'll give you a chance to find it yourself first.
Old 21st October 2007, 07:49 AM
Cultist on the Rampage

They've placed it in the adult section along with... Killer's Moon.
Old 22nd October 2007, 03:32 PM
Cultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Coed View Post
As a side note..... has anyone tried finding this dvd on Play?

It's there, but I'll give you a chance to find it yourself first.

Just had a look and I can't find it. Just another film called Torso and an "Evelyn Dick" story. lol. I was just watching Hostel II extras and director Eli Roth said it was one of his favourite movies, really looking forward to this one!
Old 29th November 2007, 03:10 PM
Cultist

Post SHAM004 - Torso

Just watched the DVD of TORSO , it's a film I've been wanting to see for a while now despite knowing very little about it! Thought I'd post a few comments... (I'll try and say little about the storyline so as not to spoil it for anyone who's not seen it.)

Sets the scene very early on , literally the first thing we see is a pair of breasts!! There's plenty bobbing about if you like that kind of thing.

Shameless have done a great job reinstating some cut scenes which, while adding little to the plot (one scene at the start involving a tramp is quite funny & made me laugh) are nice to see. Out of interest, have they been included in any other cuts of the movie round the world?

Last edited by RobbieD; 23rd January 2008 at 03:47 PM.
Old 29th November 2007, 03:12 PM
Cultist

(/cont - it's not letting me post the entire thing at once)

If anything, the sound could have been improved, it is very hissy in parts and the difference is obvious when switching between English and Italian scenes. The picture is pretty good (if a little scratchy at places) and looks great upscaled on HD-TV. For an 80s movie the detail is quite surprising, notably during the scenes set in the school hall.

Like this? Share it using the links below!