Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/11050-blu-ray-bargains-discussion-thread.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2013 03:04 PM

Blu-ray Bargains Discussion Thread

As has been mentioned on the Blu-ray bargains thread, this is just for talking about bargains and following up on those which have been posted in the other thread, leaving that one just for posts announcing a bargain.

fuzzymctiger 17th June 2013 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by re.form (Post 347604)
Hi guys sorry if this has already been mentioned, Third Window are having a sale:

Third Window Films

Just upgraded me some Tetsuo I & II to blu ray. (from VHS and DVD respectively).

An absolutely fantastic set right there!

Antropophagus 3rd July 2013 01:30 PM

It's a very nice blu-ray indeed!

Zann 3rd July 2013 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 350599)
Perhaps not an amazing bargain per se, but, BRING ME THE HEAD OF ALFREDO GARCIA is going for less than ten euros on amazon.it... Works out about £13 with shipping. This is about half the price the upcoming US Twilight Time release will be, and that one won't be released for ages! The Italian release has been reviewed on bluray.com too and seems good quality.

http://images4.static-bluray.com/mov...302_medium.jpg

Cheers, ordered! Tempted to throw CittÃ* Violenta into the basket too...but...must...resist..

bdc 3rd July 2013 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 350303)
Infernal Affairs trilogy in Amazons 2 for £10

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Infernal-Aff...2717653&sr=1-4

Some other good ones in there as well.

Zann 3rd July 2013 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 350749)
Some other good ones in there as well.

Pissed off I missed out on IA trilogy as it doesn't appear to be on offer now. Snooze you lose I guess.

Edgeworth 3rd July 2013 09:21 PM

I guess not, I payed £15 for it ages ago so no loss for me. I got 7th Seal, struggled to find a 2nd movie I wanted so ended up with Tale of 2 Sisters. Hadn't seen it since TAE DVD was released but wish I checked specs 'cause Korean DVD version is supposed to be better quality than Tartans blu. :lol:

sjconstable 3rd July 2013 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 350754)
ended up with Tale of 2 Sisters. Hadn't seen it since TAE DVD was released but wish I checked specs 'cause Korean DVD version is supposed to be better quality than Tartans blu. :lol:

Yeah, I used to own that BD and it was crap, so sold it and stuck with my HK DVD.

Andra Jai 4th July 2013 11:56 AM

Just cancelled my Van Damme pre-orders (hard target & sudden impact) with amazon which I thought was a good deal at £9 each, they are in The Hut and Zavvis 2 for £11 offer, doubt we'll see them any cheaper than that for some time.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2013 12:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sam tyler (Post 350813)
Just cancelled my Van Damme pre-orders with amazon which I thought was a good deal at £9 each, they are in The Hut and Zavvis 2 for £11 offer, doubt we'll see them any cheaper than that for some time.

That is cheap and you can use Quidco for some money back at Zavvi, which you can't at Amazon.

GLord 4th July 2013 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 350743)
Cheers, ordered! Tempted to throw CittÃ* Violenta into the basket too...but...must...resist..

I read that Citta Violenta is only 1080i so never bothered with it.

Zann 4th July 2013 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GLord (Post 350873)
I read that Citta Violenta is only 1080i so never bothered with it.

Cheers for the intel. I'll lower it in my priorities. Bloody great though, Bronson and Savalas - my kinda movie baby :laugh:

trebor8273 4th July 2013 06:43 PM

Is this a good value at this price?
Nightmare On Elm Street 1-7 Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2013 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 350904)
Is this a good value at this price?
Nightmare On Elm Street 1-7 Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Most of the sequels are average at best, but I recently watched them and enjoyed the lot, so this set is definitely worth picking up at that price.

trebor8273 4th July 2013 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 350907)
Most of the sequels are average at best, but I recently watched them and enjoyed the lot, so this set is definitely worth picking up at that price.

Well I really like 1,3 and a new nightmare so at this price it's worth it just for them. Time to waste some more money.

Paul@TheOverlook 4th July 2013 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 350907)

Most are quite naff but if you're of a certain age there's definitely an element of nostalgic glee when you watch them.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th July 2013 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 350911)
Well I really like 1,3 and a new nightmare so at this price it's worth it just for them. Time to waste some more money.

They are my favourites as well.

Edgeworth 4th July 2013 07:21 PM

Dream Warriors is almost as good as the original! New Nightmare is soooooo boring. Excellent set for £20!

PaulD 4th July 2013 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edgeworth (Post 350921)
Dream Warriors is almost as good as the original! New Nightmare is soooooo boring. Excellent set for £20!

I'm the exact opposite. I think New Nightmare is the best 'sequel' and Dream Warriors and embarrassing over the top mess. The Wizard Master stuff is just so lame.

Rik 4th July 2013 09:44 PM

The less said about 2 the better, I always skip that when I'm having a Kruegathon

Edgeworth 4th July 2013 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 350943)
I'm the exact opposite. I think New Nightmare is the best 'sequel' and Dream Warriors and embarrassing over the top mess. The Wizard Master stuff is just so lame.

The dream warrior stuff is hilarious, it's why I love the movie. The rest of the sequels are a little more serious and well... terrible. Also, "Larry" Fishburne.

it'smebilly 4th July 2013 11:04 PM

Quote:

I too prefer new nightmare over dream warriors. I'd also take Freddy's revenge over the truly terrible Freddy's dead.:D

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 5th July 2013 07:48 AM

Quote:

The character is so geeky he's hilarious (probably unintentionally so) and, though Dream Warriors is the best of the sequels (apart from New Nightmare, which is very different from the others in the series), it's nowhere near as good as A Nightmare on Elm Street.

SilverGunnar Hansen 5th July 2013 03:13 PM

I would totally buy this set if the Dream Child was uncut, one of my fave of the films - love how gothic it is in places - and the uncut kill scenes are brilliant, I made my wee bro sick watching them when it came out!

fuzzymctiger 5th July 2013 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverGunnar Hansen (Post 351068)
I would totally buy this set if the Dream Child was uncut, one of my fave of the films - love how gothic it is in places - and the uncut kill scenes are brilliant, I made my wee bro sick watching them when it came out!

The only Nightmare film I have on VHS is Dream Child, uncut too :)

SilverGunnar Hansen 6th July 2013 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 351073)
The only Nightmare film I have on VHS is Dream Child, uncut too :)

I still have a VHS copy too, just dont have a player anymore! Only other tape I kept was Video Dead with the reversible art cos I thought that would never get a DVD - let alone a Blu - release. Time to go multi-region! Can't wait to see that and Terrorvision again! Still tho, an uncut NOES5 would really rock my world. Under-rated.

trebor8273 8th July 2013 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 351497)
Some great bargains from this eBay seller. I've already bought a few and they arrived safely and are brand new as advertised!

DVD's 2.99, DVD's 3.49 items in mg and m shop store on eBay!

cheers just bought 7th voyage of sinbad

Paul@TheOverlook 8th July 2013 11:50 AM

I'm assuming some of these are Euro imports as there are titles there that aren't released here. Great prices, nice find, Daemonia. :)

oaxaca 8th July 2013 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351499)

Ditto!

trebor8273 8th July 2013 12:06 PM

ordered earth vs the flying saucers as well

Vampix 8th July 2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trebor8273 (Post 351499)

Me too :)

RedEyeTheCylon 8th July 2013 03:25 PM

Me three, it would be rude not to at that price! Excellent find Daemonia :rockon:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th July 2013 04:33 PM

Really good prices, so I ordered The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Earth vs The Flying Saucers, CJ7 and Cruel Intentions – all for the princely sum of £12.74.

Paul@TheOverlook 8th July 2013 04:41 PM

Has anyone seen CJ7? Nos? I ask because I loved KUNG FU HUSTLE but CJ7 has the most lacklustre-sounding story and incredibly shite cover! :D

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th July 2013 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 351559)
Has anyone seen CJ7? Nos? I ask because I loved KUNG FU HUSTLE but CJ7 has the most lacklustre-sounding story and incredibly shite cover! :D

I haven't seen it, but heard it was okay, but nothing special and thought this was a reasonable way of finding out for myself. If it is crap, I may be able to sell it on for about the same price.

bdc 8th July 2013 05:46 PM

Stephen Chow aims for family feel with CJ7 - YouTube

Daemonia 9th July 2013 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 351553)
Really good prices, so I ordered The 7th Voyage of Sinbad, Earth vs The Flying Saucers, CJ7 and Cruel Intentions – all for the princely sum of £12.74.

I know, they're so cheap it's unbelievable. But I received my package today (ordered Friday evening!) and they are indeed genuine US Blu-rays and brand new. So I ordered another pile today as I'm guessing these won't be around for long at those prices. So today I ordered Urban Legend, Hollow Man and Anaconda. I already received Ghosts of Mars and The 7th Voyage of Sinbad.

trebor8273 9th July 2013 10:57 AM

well that's was quick, only ordered yesterday and both films have turned up today. great seller. lot better than the seller who i bought monster squad from last Wednesday which is still to turn up.

Daemonia 9th July 2013 11:09 AM

Yeah, the rest of my order arrived today - and I only ordered them yesterday!

PaulD 9th July 2013 12:27 PM

Nice Spot Dae!

I picked up Christine on DVD and Eath Vs The Flying Saucers on BD