Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By BW Haggar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th January 2022, 12:04 PM
Cult Rookie

Default VHS collection in new of new home...

Hello folks -

Long time listener, first time caller here.

Basically, I’m sitting on approx 120 VHS tapes which I desperately need to get rid of for space reasons. Nothing valuable/collectable I’m afraid (mostly ‘90s sell-throughs with a few older big boxes thrown in), but a good range of horror, cult, arthouse, Asian and classic Hollywood titles.

If you think you can give any of them a new home, they’re yours, free of charge. The attached pics provide a representative sample, but not everything is included, so please drop me a line if you’re interested and I’ll be happy to provide a full list with notes on condition of the cases (which is.. variable, let’s say). Happy to provide photos of individual cases or to test out the tapes if needed.

In particular, if anyone out there is still interested in collecting Redemption/Salvation releases on VHS, well, today’s yr lucky day, because I’ve got about twenty of the blighters to shift. It’s very sad to have to get rid of them, as they pretty much provided my gateway into the wonders of euro-horror back in the day and carry heavy nostalgic value, but... I just can’t justify hanging on to these old tapes anymore.

If anyone is interested in taking just a few of these tapes, I'll be happy to put them in the post to UK addresses, but for a larger number, or for international mailing - well, we'll have to work something out I suppose. Everything is available for free collection from South East London, but I’m afraid I don’t drive, so… open to ideas if you’re a VHS hoarder who lives further afield!

Thank you for your time, and of course feel free to divert this thread into random VHS memories and tactics for re-homing or (choke) disposing of ‘em, if you wish.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg VHS 01.jpg (101.4 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg VHS 02.jpg (100.3 KB, 21 views)
File Type: jpg VHS 03.jpg (97.8 KB, 20 views)
Old 10th January 2022, 12:15 PM
Cult Master

It's heartbreaking when you have to do this

I had to get rid of all my VHS tapes about 15 years ago, and I still feel pangs of regret

Golly, Gee! it's wrong to be so guilty
Old 10th January 2022, 12:54 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks Susan.

If I'd been sensible and got rid of these 15 years ago, they probably could have gone to a charity shop and (hopefully) found new owners, but no one will take VHS any more, so just trying to find any solution other than sending them to landfill really! : (
Old 10th January 2022, 01:19 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW Haggar View Post
Thanks, Susan.

If I'd been sensible and got rid of these 15 years ago, they probably could have gone to a charity shop and (hopefully) found new owners, but no one will take VHS anymore, so just trying to find any solution other than sending them to landfill! : (
Are you a member of a site called pre certs?

If not join that it’s for fans of VHS tapes etc, there will be someone on there who will take them off you.
Old 10th January 2022, 01:55 PM
Cult Rookie

Thanks gag.

And yes, I did actually register at the pre-certs message board last year, but scanning through some threads, the members there seemed pretty dismissive of anyone looking the sell/trade common / '90s sell-through tapes (which is the vast majority of what I've got to offer), so thought I'd best not bother them with it... but you're right, perhaps I should give it another go now that I'm offering these for free.
Old 10th January 2022, 02:42 PM
Cultist on the Rampage

It's a shame that you have to get rid of them as you have some lovely movies on vhs. Over the last ten years i have gone from over 1000 vhs tapes to around 200-300 due to storage issues but regret letting some of them go. It did take a while but managed to sell some on ebay but that takes time and patience and some of the rental tapes i managed to pass on in the vhs groups but they tend to frown up on the small box vhs as lesser quality. I may be interested in a couple of the tapes if you want rid and can offer up postage if willing to post.
Old 10th January 2022, 03:53 PM
Cult Rookie

Just to let you know monkeypedro, I've received your PM, but I can't reply because I don't have 25 posts yet (oops!).

In short though, I'll be totally happy to put the tapes you've requested in the post. If you're able to drop me an email , hopefully we can sort out the details... huge thanks for taking an interest! - Ben

Last edited by Demdike@Cult Labs; 10th January 2022 at 04:06 PM. Reason: Removed email address fro security reasons.
Old 10th January 2022, 09:23 PM
Cult Veteran
Good Trader

Quote:
Originally Posted by BW Haggar View Post
Hello folks -

Long time listener, first time caller here.

Basically, I’m sitting on approx 120 VHS tapes which I desperately need to get rid of for space reasons. Nothing valuable/collectable I’m afraid (mostly ‘90s sell-throughs with a few older big boxes thrown in), but a good range of horror, cult, arthouse, Asian and classic Hollywood titles.

If you think you can give any of them a new home, they’re yours, free of charge. The attached pics provide a representative sample, but not everything is included, so please drop me a line if you’re interested and I’ll be happy to provide a full list with notes on condition of the cases (which is.. variable, let’s say). Happy to provide photos of individual cases or to test out the tapes if needed.

In particular, if anyone out there is still interested in collecting Redemption/Salvation releases on VHS, well, today’s yr lucky day, because I’ve got about twenty of the blighters to shift. It’s very sad to have to get rid of them, as they pretty much provided my gateway into the wonders of euro-horror back in the day and carry heavy nostalgic value, but... I just can’t justify hanging on to these old tapes anymore.

If anyone is interested in taking just a few of these tapes, I'll be happy to put them in the post to UK addresses, but for a larger number, or for international mailing - well, we'll have to work something out I suppose. Everything is available for free collection from South East London, but I’m afraid I don’t drive, so… open to ideas if you’re a VHS hoarder who lives further afield!

Thank you for your time, and of course feel free to divert this thread into random VHS memories and tactics for re-homing or (choke) disposing of ‘em, if you wish.
Dam wished I kept my old dual dvd/tape player

Like this? Share it using the links below!