Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Bad Traders (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/2295-bad-traders.html)

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2010 06:56 PM

Bad Traders

It's excellent that 99% of trades on this forum go well,and it's a credit to all trading members.

However it's important that any consistently bad traders are immediately reported.

Can I stress this is NOT a thread for a solitary item that has genuinely went missing,and once again stress using RECORDED DELIVERY.

Loops and I had a bad experience with a trade in which the Royal Mail lost an item I sent him,but we worked something out,and since then have used recorded for all transactions.

The trade thread here has an excellent reputation and is SO useful for members trying to complete a collection.

KEEP ON TRADING FOLKS!:thumb:

vincenzo 30th January 2010 07:05 PM

Absolutely spot on, Reaps. Although it may cost (sometimes substantially) more, I would also suggest SPECIAL DELIVERY for those extremely rare or pricey items.

Even the Royal Mail can't mess those up without compensation
. :cool:

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2010 07:08 PM

Good advice Vince .
Spot on.
FOR EXTREMELY RARE ITEMS USE SPECIAL DELIVERY!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 30th January 2010 07:19 PM

Loops and I had a run in with the Royal Mail.
I sent him a House of Doom boxset by 1st class post and it never appeared.
I claimed the Royal Mail and because I never had an original receipt for the value of the goods sent,they compensated me with 6 1st class stamps.:mad:Unbelievable eh?

However,I sorted the Looper out with one of the rarer Vipcos he was after.

HOWEVER;
This is down to the traders own discretion and that's why it's always advisable to use the safest method possible.:nod:

vincenzo 30th January 2010 07:25 PM

Since the early 90's I've had more run-ins with the Royal Mail than I wish to remember. Sometimes resulting in the use of legal measures. Hence I only use Special or Recorded Delivery today.

Makes you wonder where the House Of Doom boxset is residing at this moment doesn't it?

Pete 30th January 2010 08:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 60548)
Loops and I had a run in with the Royal Mail.
I sent him a House of Doom boxset by 1st class post and it never appeared.
I claimed the Royal Mail and because I never had an original receipt for the value of the goods sent,they compensated me with 6 1st class stamps.:mad:Unbelievable eh?

However,I sorted the Looper out with one of the rarer Vipcos he was after.

HOWEVER;
This is down to the traders own discretion and that's why it's always advisable to use the safest method possible.:nod:

Hopefully it will never happen again:mad:

I ended up having to fork out for one on Amazon (and the box was not in the best of shape)

Just before christmas I sent a parcel to Daemonia which he didin't get, thankfully it turned up a week later but i would recomend everyone use recorded delivery and special delivery for cash, postal orders etc

I have never had a bad trade on any forum and hopefully I never will. I can vouch for everyone I have traded with on here for being 100% honest.

pedromonkey 30th January 2010 10:30 PM

i never use anything other than 1st class recorded, and so far i've done trade with Bitchslicer and Daemonia and have had no probs. I would highly recommend recorded, and keep all receipts from anything sent.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 1st February 2010 06:57 PM

If anyone has had a bad trade and think they've been deliberately duped,then please get in touch via PM with ANY of the mods.

Pete 1st February 2010 07:04 PM

I gather by this thread there a rogue trader lurking about?

vincenzo 1st February 2010 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaper72 (Post 60911)
If anyone has had a bad trade and think they've been deliberately duped,then please get in touch via PM with ANY of the mods.

I'll echo this. All replies will remain private and strictly confidential.

As Reaps says - KEEP ON TRADING, FOLKS!
:nod: