Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

BAKA 2nd April 2011 12:20 PM

For anyone who regularly orders from HMV.co.uk these codes are probably a god send (they certainly are for me!).

Quote:

£2 off when you spend £20 or more in one single transaction online at hmv.com - use code 2HMVOFF20

£3 off when you spend £30 or more in one single transaction online at hmv.com - use code 3HMVOFF30

£4 off when you spend £40 or more in one single transaction online at hmv.com - use code 4HMVOFF40

£5 off when you spend £50 or more in one single transaction online at hmv.com - use code 5HMVOFF50

Offer codes valid from 9am on Friday 1st April until 11.59pm on Saturday 30th April 2011 only.
I used the £5 off code to pre-order the Scream Trilogy Blu-ray set for £33.99. I coupled it along with Arrows' own Tenebrae Blu-ray (it's the same price as any of the other online retailers I would use, and I was intending to pre-order it anyway), to make the order value above £50. They seem to take the discount code off the first item you put into the checkout.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 2nd April 2011 01:21 PM

I wasn't aware of those and have been buying from HMV for years! I wish I knew about them earlier, but thanks for posting them as they will undoubtedly come in handy.

oaxaca 3rd April 2011 09:32 PM

Just done the following pre-orders at zavvi using their fiver off orders over 50 quid voucher. Prices seem pretty good!

Witchfinder General - Blu-ray £13.03
The Conversation - Blu-ray £11.59
Don't Look Now - Blu-ray £11.59
Cross Of Iron - Blu-ray £9.79

voucher code is: FIVEROFF50

BAKA 10th April 2011 04:44 PM

Zavvi have some Arrow Video titles in their Mega Monday sale:

Deep Red - £11.95
Phenomena - £11.95
Inferno - £11.95
A Bay Of Blood - £11.95
Vamp - £11.95
City Of The Living Dead - £11.95

PaulD 10th April 2011 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 141941)

That's so typical; I waited for AGES to get Deep Red at a decent price and ordered it this morning from Zavvi along with Phenomena for £12.85 each. Now they're even cheaper! I've cancelled the order and am just waiting on confirmation it's gone through before attempting a re-order at the cheaper price. It's only a couple of quid but even so.

kingofwitches666 10th April 2011 05:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 141941)

That's ace, just ordered Deep Red. That means I've only got to pick up Caligula & I'll have all the Arrow white box BD that have been released to date. Cheers for the heads up BAKA. :D

tollickd 13th April 2011 08:21 PM

PlanetAxel - Blu-ray (Region Free) and DVD movies, PS3 and Xbox 360 titles has very cheap shipping $0.01

wayfarer 18th April 2011 10:13 AM

Asda are advertising the following, at £5 each instore;

the Expendables
Red
Wall Street 2
The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo
The Girl that played with Fire
The Last Exorcism
Devil
Piranha 3-D

I recommend The Last Exorcism at that price. I know not everyone got and bought into the idea of the movie but it was my movie of 2010.

Leman 18th April 2011 11:07 AM

I know this is not exactly the right place but I thought The Last Exorcism was completely over-shadowed and kind of destroyed by its ending.

It took me about 5 minutes after watching it to come up with a more satisfying ending that saved all the mystery and atmosphere the movie had built up to that point.

antmumford 18th April 2011 12:04 PM

Two BDs for £12 on Play.com at the moment. Some real nice titles in the sale too DVDs - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

pedromonkey 18th April 2011 01:15 PM

some good titles there Ant, would pick some up but im broke....

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th April 2011 01:57 PM

I've tentatively put six titles in my basket but will have to check the prices against other online retailers and check reviews to see if they are the best ones available.

antmumford 19th April 2011 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 143899)
some good titles there Ant, would pick some up but im broke....

Me too, I've had to lay off purchases for a while as Kelly had been jobless for 3 months I had to support the two of us on my tiny salary. She's got a job now though so I should be able to get back into the swing of things soon enough. Getting major buying withdrawal symptoms :lol:

PaulD 23rd April 2011 01:52 PM

Not sure if this is a pricing error but HMV have South Park season 12 and 13 on bluray for £1.99 each! I've ordered it now to see if they'll acknowledge it:

Season 12

Season 13

darthelvis 23rd April 2011 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 145456)
Not sure if this is a pricing error but HMV have South Park season 12 and 13 on bluray for £1.99 each! I've ordered it now to see if they'll acknowledge it:

Season 12

Season 13

Not watched South Park for years but had to order these when I saw your post, fingers crossed this goes through at this price!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd April 2011 02:58 PM

Great spot, PaulD. If this is, as it seems, a misprice, I hope they honour it. I already own those two seasons on DVD but am intrigued to see what South Park looks like in HD.

doolahrock 23rd April 2011 03:14 PM

Bloody hell!!!

I'm gonna give that a crack and see what happens. Hell of a spot.

Argentofan 23rd April 2011 03:19 PM

Do you think they'll sell it at that price? :eek:

pedromonkey 23rd April 2011 03:24 PM

just given them ago, i hope they do honour it...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd April 2011 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 145469)
Do you think they'll sell it at that price? :eek:

Who knows? It's got to worth a shot though -- what have you got to lose?

My guess is someone didn't press hard enough on the keyboard and the price should be £11.99. If that is the case, someone is up for a disciplinary hearing!

Argentofan 23rd April 2011 03:55 PM

will place order when mum comes home cause the card details have expired :( Thats how long ago we used HMV online!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd April 2011 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 145477)
will place order when mum comes home cause the card details have expired :( Thats how long ago we used HMV online!

Don't you have your own debit card you could use in the meantime? I bet you'll be glad when you turn 18 and can get your own credit card!

Argentofan 23rd April 2011 04:02 PM

Nope, I have a old school bank book! haha
When I'm 18 I'll have my own credit card and I'll be able to buy 18 dvds in shops, god help me! :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd April 2011 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 145481)
Nope, I have a old school bank book! haha
When I'm 18 I'll have my own credit card and I'll be able to buy 18 dvds in shops, god help me! :lol:

Blimey, a bank book! I'd forgotten what it was like to be 16 and 17, but then the Internet was not a place to go shopping so I bought all my 18 certificate videos and DVDs from real shops using real cash! Ah, the good old days...

Argentofan 23rd April 2011 04:39 PM

Ordered it. Hopefully it will work!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd April 2011 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Argentofan (Post 145488)
Ordered it. Hopefully it will work!

Fingers crossed, for all our sakes! I've only just bought Season 14 on DVD as well.

pedromonkey 23rd April 2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 145489)
Fingers crossed, for all our sakes! I've only just bought Season 14 on DVD as well.

season 14 is good but not as good as 12 or 13 but it does have a triple header episode with the coon and mysterion which brilliantly homages my neighbour totoro.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd April 2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 145498)
season 14 is good but not as good as 12 or 13 but it does have a triple header episode with the coon and mysterion which brilliantly homages my neighbour totoro.

There are some brilliant episodes in that season, not as many as in previous years but, as you say there is that fantastic three-part episode which is as good as the Peruvian pan flute one from (I think) season 13.

pedromonkey 23rd April 2011 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 145500)
There are some brilliant episodes in that season, not as many as in previous years but, as you say there is that fantastic three-part episode which is as good as the Peruvian pan flute one from (I think) season 13.

the startling? yeah that was pretty cool. i love how Randy has become more of a main character now than when he was just Stan's dad. He's my fave character after Cartman.

nekromantik 23rd April 2011 06:59 PM

its been at that price since yesterday apparently
I bought em too and plan to sell em :lol:

Daemonia 25th April 2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman (Post 143852)
I know this is not exactly the right place but I thought The Last Exorcism was completely over-shadowed and kind of destroyed by its ending.

That's exactly how I felt about it. Personally, I think it shoud've ended just shy of the silly finale. It would have left it ambiguous and open to interpretation. That ending almost seemed tacked on as a last minute thought, just to tie things up. Up until that point, it was an interesting take on religion as a commodity and preachers as sales people and caught in between are the 'believers' who fall for it all. I found it intriguing and thought-provoking. Then the ending ruined it all.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 145771)
That's exactly how I felt about it. Personally, I think it shoud've ended just shy of the silly finale. It would have left it ambiguous and open to interpretation. That ending almost seemed tacked on as a last minute thought, just to tie things up. Up until that point, it was an interesting take on religion as a commodity and preachers as sales people and caught in between are the 'believers' who fall for it all. I found it intriguing and thought-provoking. Then the ending ruined it all.

My thoughts exactly and I can't help but think Eli Roth was behind the extra 10 minutes or so that completely ruined all the good work that had come before. If anyone does watch it, keep your eye on the clock and, when Cotton and the film crew are driving away, press 'stop'!

wayfarer 25th April 2011 10:36 AM

South Park Blu-Rays still at £1.99 each. I've given it a go. Let's all see what happens:lol:

They're in the best selling chart at that price. I'm surprised no-one from the company has noticed.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 145817)
South Park Blu-Rays still at £1.99 each. I've given it a go. Let's all see what happens:lol:

They're in the best selling chart at that price. I'm surprised no-one from the company has noticed.

It must be to do with the bank holiday as my order hasn't been shipped yet and they have been at that price for about three days now so maybe everyone is on holiday and they've just left a couple of guys from a temp agency in charge of the whole website!

dream demon 26th April 2011 06:43 AM

Zavvi have the Terminator: Salvation T-600 'head' edition for £22.95 in their Mega Weekend sale if anyone is looking for one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 145999)
Zavvi have the Terminator: Salvation T-600 'head' edition for £22.95 in their Mega Weekend sale if anyone is looking for one.

I would order it, but I bought one from Play.com at the beginning of the month, was shipped on the 4th, and still hasn't arrived. Now it's been over 21 days, I'm going to contact them and tell them the courier company they use are crap.

wayfarer 26th April 2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 145819)
It must be to do with the bank holiday as my order hasn't been shipped yet and they have been at that price for about three days now so maybe everyone is on holiday and they've just left a couple of guys from a temp agency in charge of the whole website!

What's the betting that they tell us that they've "run out of stock";)

PaulD 26th April 2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 146029)

Season 12's back up to £39.99, 13's still at £1.99. Both have a despatch date of 3-6 days according to the site.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 146029)

It will either be that or they will cancel the orders because it was clearly a misprice. If they honour the orders, then great but, if they cancel them, I won't lose any sleep. It was something I bought more in hope than expectation.

doolahrock 26th April 2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 145511)
its been at that price since yesterday apparently
I bought em too and plan to sell em :lol:

Can't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind :)