Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

nekromantik 29th February 2012 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 220847)
I wanted that as I love the look of digibooks. I take it the content is identical?

Yup exactly the same discs.

wayfarer 1st March 2012 07:30 AM

I git the BD of True Romance from the Play sale at £4.99; thought that was the right price to pay;)

I've had The Exorcist BD since release, and ignored the Fear of God doc as I assumed it was the cut version:eek::lol: I was p*ssed off that the awesome Mercedes McCambridge interview was missing from the DVD version.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st March 2012 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvinnashsear (Post 220998)
When you say 2 versions of Exorcist 3 do you mean 2 copies or two different cuts? It'd be interesting to see another cut cos I've only seen the region 1 dvd version.

I mean two different copies: the R1 US DVD and R2 German DVDs -- it's a title which I'd love to be given a fully remastered Blu-ray release with a new commentary by Blatty, retrospective interviews/documentaries and whatever else there is in the way of supplementary material.

Paul@TheOverlook 1st March 2012 08:50 AM

I think blatty was very unhappy with the cut that was released and because the excised footage from his initial cut is supposed to be "lost" I'd imagine he'd object to being involved with any subsequent release of the film.

It's sad and we have the same person to blame for this as we do for the NIGHTBREED debacle: James G. Robinson, the head of Morgan Creek. That and the fact that both films were released originally by 20the Century Fox in the US but have since become part of the Warner Bros. library. I can't think of many more films that are as worthy of revisiting as EXORCIST III and NIGHTBREED, it's such a shame.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st March 2012 09:06 AM

I've read/heard the same as you: Blatty was unhappy with some scenes which were removed and the exorcism sequence which was imposed on him o in order o make it a 'Exorcist' film, rather than Legion.

As such, it would be great to see him given carte blanche and all the relevant film stock to to make Exorcist III: The Director's Cut which could be released on DVD with a commentary or lengthy interview with Blatty to explain the changes from the theatrical version.

Fingers crossed, hope springs eternal, good things come to those who wait etc etc...

Paul@TheOverlook 1st March 2012 09:19 AM

Yeah, never say never, I know. At least we know they'd sell a minimum of two copies :)

Given it's connection to Exorcist and that it's written and directed by Blatty, a revised version would be an extremely easy sell for WB's marketing folk. I'm sure there was talk a few years ago of Mark Kermode being on the case of helping locate the missing footage. Maybe this is a question someone needs to ask him at his next Q&A.

antmumford 1st March 2012 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 221061)
Yeah, never say never, I know. At least we know they'd sell a minimum of two copies :)

Given it's connection to Exorcist and that it's written and directed by Blatty, a revised version would be an extremely easy sell for WB's marketing folk. I'm sure there was talk a few years ago of Mark Kermode being on the case of helping locate the missing footage. Maybe this is a question someone needs to ask him at his next Q&A.

Make that 3, I absolutely adore Exorcist III!

wayfarer 1st March 2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 221082)
Make that 3, I absolutely adore Exorcist III!

and me! *waves* :clap:

"is it bedtime?"

Sargento 1st March 2012 07:25 PM

Me 4 ... love E3 ... one of the finest horror movies of the 90s!:coolblue:

Rik 1st March 2012 07:27 PM

And me, the book is good too. :nod: