Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 09:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 150274)
Poultrygeist looks very good indeed. It's not amazing, as It was filmed on a low budget, but for what it is, it looks really good. Some great extras too. Pity that Class Of Nuke 'Em High hasn't been released yet. I still need to pick up Tromeo & Juliet though.

Class of Nuke 'em High has been out for a while mate. It's Surf Nazis Must Die that has suffered from numerous delays.

Stephen@Cult Labs 12th May 2011 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 150285)
Class of Nuke 'em High has been out for a while mate. It's Surf Nazis Must Die that has suffered from numerous delays.

:doh: You're right. I knew I would get that mixed up!

antmumford 17th May 2011 11:26 AM

Just thought I'd let you all know that Sainsburys are offering 20% off all DVD and Blu-ray orders for new customers. If you've already bought from them before just register another account with a new email address. I just did that and preordered loads of stuff for a right bargain price, for example Star Wars (Complete Saga) for only £54.39.
Sainsburys preorder prices are already so much cheaper than anywhere else online so with another 20% off it's just brilliant. :eyebrows: :woot:

Don't forget you have to use code JSDB1605 and enter it in the e-voucher box provided when you head to the checkout

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 17th May 2011 12:47 PM

Thanks for that, Ant -- I'll have a look and see if there's anything I want to order or pre-order and then register using one of my many e-mail addresses!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th May 2011 10:15 PM

Amazon.com have a load of Blu-Ray titles for $6 at the moment, including Scream, Misery, Return of the Living Dead...

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151731)
Amazon.com have a load of Blu-Ray titles for $6 at the moment, including Scream, Misery, Return of the Living Dead...

I'll have to have a look at that. I know I shouldn't, but prices like that are too hard to turn down!

Hugh 19th May 2011 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151731)

Just a head's up. Return of the Living Dead is region locked to A. Shame that, as I'd like to get that one.

Not enough region A films out there to justify a multi region player.....yet. If only the Kam & Ronson Hong Kong titles were decent quality.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 07:57 AM

As region coding isn't an issue (I have two players, my PS3 set to Region B and the cheaper Maidstone one set to Region A), I couldn't resist some of those titles so ended up buying 10! It worked out as just over £57 delivered which is astonishing value for those discs.

wayfarer 19th May 2011 11:40 AM

I've just returned from the London Shaftesbury Avenue branch of FOPP with a host of Blu-Rays @£3 each!

I came away with;
Dark City
Coraline
Che Parts 1 and 2
Sherlock Holmes
The Orphanage
Pan's Labyrinth
Elvis the movie

Other titles they had on display;
Starship Troopers Trilogy
Transformers 2 Bumblebee packaging
Watchmen Blue-Man packaging
Made In England
Mesrine

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 151776)
I've just returned from the London Shaftesbury Avenue branch of FOPP with a host of Blu-Rays @£3 each!

I came away with;
Dark City
Coraline
Che Parts 1 and 2
Sherlock Holmes
The Orphanage
Pan's Labyrinth
Elvis the movie

Other titles they had on display;
Starship Troopers Trilogy
Transformers 2 Bumblebee packaging
Watchmen Blue-Man packaging
Made In England
Mesrine

Wow - nice haul Wayfarer. :cool:

The BD of Dark City is OOP too, so £3 is a steal - wish there was a FOPP near me! :(

wayfarer 19th May 2011 12:17 PM

if anybody else is in the London area and plans to have a look, be warned there is a policy of only 2 items the same per customer. There's a poster up behind the till. If you don't look for it, you won't see it.

robertzombie 19th May 2011 12:45 PM

What's the stock like? I'm thinking of going on Sunday.

wayfarer 19th May 2011 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 151787)
What's the stock like? I'm thinking of going on Sunday.

I've posted something on the DVD thread that I started but on reflection, it'll depend on how many boxes they got from the HMV warehouse. From my visit, it looked like they had very little of each item but they may not have time to constantly refresh the shelves.

Pete 19th May 2011 12:53 PM

Aw wish we had a FOPP! :(

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th May 2011 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 151778)
Wow - nice haul Wayfarer. :cool:

The BD of Dark City is OOP too, so £3 is a steal - wish there was a FOPP near me! :(

Ditto! Those are great prices for almost any BD, not just the excellent ones you bought and saw available. Like bizarre_eye, I wish we had a FOPP in town as, with prices like that, there would be plenty of competition for HMV and the Internet!

BAKA 20th May 2011 12:02 PM

20% Off at HMV.co.uk this weekend:

Quote:

20% Off Voucher for hmv.com!

Get 20% off at hmv.com between 9am on Friday 20th May and 11:59 on Monday 23rd May. Simply enter 20OFFHMV during checkout to take advantage of this awesome offer.
Link.

Doesn't work on pre-orders, but there are still some great bargains to be had! I picked up Les Diaboliques (£11.99), I Saw The Devil (£11.99) and some stuff they had in the sale: A Nightmare on Elm Street (£4.39), Assassination Of Jesse James (£4.79), Goonies (£4.79) and Gremlins (£3.99).

antmumford 20th May 2011 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 151992)
20% Off at HMV.co.uk this weekend:

Link.

Doesn't work on pre-orders, but there are still some great bargains to be had! I picked up Les Diaboliques (£11.99), I Saw The Devil (£11.99) and some stuff they had in the sale: A Nightmare on Elm Street (£4.39), Assassination Of Jesse James (£4.79), Goonies (£4.79) and Gremlins (£3.99).

Damn you BAKA, why show me such delights? I have no money left as it is, let alone what I might find on here now :lol:

wayfarer 20th May 2011 12:35 PM

Thansk for the heads up BAKA! But as you may have seen, i've already spent a wad on Blu-Rays:lol:

platostotal 20th May 2011 04:47 PM

Bargain alert: I've just walked out of my local HMV with a Philips 5100 blu-ray and Attenborugh 3 box set bundle for £49.99. F**k me, the blu ray boxes are worth more than that. Now I know you guys on this thread already have a player, but you can always buy a 2nd and get 3 box sets for free...£49.99. Brand spanking new as well. Cool, just remember me in your will, heh heh.

Nemesis 20th May 2011 05:08 PM

The Thin Red Line blu is currently going for £8.49 at HMV.

wayfarer 25th May 2011 12:07 PM

The London Shaftesbury FOPP have had a number of £3 Blu-Rays in again. Sadly, no Dark City. I came away with the following;

Salt steelbook (Angelina Jolie as Jason Bourne, I hear)
Mesrine
The Good the Bad and the Weird

I chatted up the assistant at the till and she told me that they'll be getting a consignment like this, once a week. But, they don't know when.

dream demon 25th May 2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 152895)
The London Shaftesbury FOPP have had a number of £3 Blu-Rays in again. Sadly, no Dark City. I came away with the following;

Mesrine

I chatted up the assistant at the till and she told me that they'll be getting a consignment like this, once a week. But, they don't know when.

If that Salt Steelbook was only £3 that was a stone cold bargain as it goes for about £15 on ebay. I really enjoyed Salt but the directors' cut was much better imo. It's amazing the difference just a few seconds of dialogue and some slightly altered scenes can make to a film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 152895)

Mesrine

I wish there was a FOPP like that near me. If I could just pop down to the store and come away with the Salt Steelbook and The Good, The Bad, The Weird for just six quid I'd be delighted! Living costs may be high in London, but when you get bargains like that I imagine it makes it all worthwhile.

wayfarer 25th May 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 152910)
I wish there was a FOPP like that near me. If I could just pop down to the store and come away with the Salt Steelbook and The Good, The Bad, The Weird for just six quid I'd be delighted! Living costs may be high in London, but when you get bargains like that I imagine it makes it all worthwhile.

I don't live in London, I only work in London. That sounds like a sc-fi movie quote ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 12:55 PM

Even better -- you get to live somewhere less crowded and a bit cheaper but also pick up Blu-ray bargains when you're away from the office!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2011 09:14 AM

There are loads of good titles available at Amazon for just £5 each -- I picked up:
An Education
Wolf Creek
Milk
The Good, The Bad, The Weird
In the Valley of Elah
The Devil's Rejects

There is a full list at:
Advanced Search | Cheap Blu-ray Movies

Nemesis 7th June 2011 07:11 PM

Once Upon A Time In The West blu is currently going for $10.49 on Amz US.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th June 2011 07:44 PM

Mine cost $14.98. Oh well. 10 bucks is a great price for such a great movie and impressive looking BD set.

darthelvis 14th June 2011 11:38 AM

Planet of the Apes Blu Ray boxset £16.99 on play.com. Had to pick up a copy at that price.

oaxaca 14th June 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 157946)
Planet of the Apes Blu Ray boxset £16.99 on play.com. Had to pick up a copy at that price.

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know about this. I couldn't resist either. When you combine it with quidco's 2% cashback rate plus the £2 cex will give me for selling them the DVD boxset (tight gits!) then its even cheaper; < £15 which is < £3 a film which is some goooood maths :p

oaxaca 14th June 2011 05:53 PM

Bizarrely, amazon.co.uk, who were also selling the boxset for £16.99 have now removed it so the cheapest you can get it on there is £43 from the marketplace. Play.com still have it for £16.99 though so I recommend you be quick if anyone intends on getting it :)

tollickd 14th June 2011 09:13 PM

I have also picked up a copy while its cheap!

PaulD 15th June 2011 02:54 PM

For those who haven't got it yet The Beyond is down to £10.49 on Play.com

The cheapest it's been so far I believe

nekromantik 15th June 2011 10:15 PM

Seconds Apart [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Bargin! Not a bad film either.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 07:41 AM

That is a great price which is tempting me into a blind buy -- it's also £5.99 at Play.com, so those Quidco pennies will come in handy!

nekromantik 16th June 2011 11:08 AM

I had to order it from Play too as amazon sold out.
amazon are quicker for delivery so wanted to use them.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 03:57 PM

I've just ordered it from Amazon as Play.com have put the price up to £11.99.

BAKA 16th June 2011 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 158200)
For those who haven't got it yet The Beyond is down to £10.49 on Play.com

The cheapest it's been so far I believe

They also have Deep Red, Phenomena, A Bay Of Blood & Inferno for that price too, if anyone is in need. Day & Dawn under £10 each.

Quite tempted by The Collector for £4.99. Never seen it, but generally quite enjoy home invasion stuff. Not quite sure what that says about me :shocked: Play have some decent promotions on Horror Blu's atm, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

nekromantik 16th June 2011 07:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 158450)
I've just ordered it from Amazon as Play.com have put the price up to £11.99.

I put my order in just in time :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th June 2011 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 158487)
Play have some decent promotions on Horror Blu's atm, thanks for pointing me in that direction.

I didn't know that -- I'll have to have a look.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 158503)
I put my order in just in time :lol:

You certainly did!