Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd May 2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 244188)
I know. I guess they probably wouldn't be able to afford it if they did it in the early evening when more people are online maybe?

Possibly; but if they can't afford it, they shouldn't be doing it at all, imo.

Around lunch time would be good (more people online), although 4pm GMT would be around lunch time for a lot of people in the US, and quitting time for a lot of people in mainland Europe, so maybe they're catering more for the export market with these deals and therefore promoting the label abroad to get more customers.

Slippery Jack 22nd May 2012 10:09 PM

Or maybe just do a sale that's... y'know... like a sale? Enough of these pretend sales says I . . .

the blob 22nd May 2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 244190)
Possibly; but if they can't afford it, they shouldn't be doing it at all, imo.

Around lunch time would be good (more people online), although 4pm GMT would be around lunch time for a lot of people in the US, and quitting time for a lot of people in mainland Europe, so maybe they're catering more for the export market with these deals and therefore promoting the label abroad to get more customers.

Although that means it starts at 3pm so 10 am EST, 9am CST and 6am PST so not so good. Also 4pm for a lot of Europe. Strange but I guess a fair few can access from work these days.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd May 2012 10:17 PM

Yeah, I'm personally at a computer more or less all day due to my job, but I know there's been a few grumbles from UK fans regarding missing out on these deals due to the odd timing.

the blob 22nd May 2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 244191)
Or maybe just do a sale that's... y'know... like a sale? Enough of these pretend sales says I . . .

I think it's a good idea. Possibly something like Obsession isn't that great a seller so they offload a good percentage in one go, generate funds quickly, don't over devalue it, get people looking at their Facebook and Twitter,new account signups etc.. Serves a few purposes.

Slippery Jack 22nd May 2012 10:21 PM

Even more annoying for people like me who have zero interest in Facebook and Twitter :mmph: flash sales my arse . . .

fuzzymctiger 23rd May 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 244186)
Plus, it seems a really bizarre time to keep doing it (when the majority of people are at work) :crazy:

You think that's bad, in Australia it's about 1am in the morning when they do them. And I've been keeping an eye out for those 2 for a while too!!!
ARGHHHH!! :mmph:

Delirium 23rd May 2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 244198)
Even more annoying for people like me who have zero interest in Facebook and Twitter :mmph: flash sales my arse . . .

+ 1. I miss good old email updates, rather than the forcing people to join the social network craze (which is fine for them, but there should be other options too). And no, I don't have an 'anonymous/fake' account either as it defeats the point.

I just rely on the good folk here adding any deals to the threads. Even though I missed this one.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd May 2012 05:28 PM

Latest Eureka Offers.

Refused 23rd May 2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 244249)
+ 1. I miss good old email updates, rather than the forcing people to join the social network craze (which is fine for them, but there should be other options too). And no, I don't have an 'anonymous/fake' account either as it defeats the point.

I just rely on the good folk here adding any deals to the threads. Even though I missed this one.

The Arrow offers do go out via an email newsletter too I believe. Although despite signing up twice I've never received one.