Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

PaulD 29th January 2011 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 125011)
From the reviews on play.com people are saying the transfer is not good I am not sure if to purchase or not now

Yeah, that was my reason for not upgrading to blu for that box set. I'd love to see Leone's trilogy in hi-def but the reviews have so far put me off

the blob 29th January 2011 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 125011)
From the reviews on play.com people are saying the transfer is not good I am not sure if to purchase or not now

At £3.30 each it's less than I paid for the old dvd's. It's the only English-friendly version of TGTBATU. FAFDM is supposed to look great and the Italian disc of AFOD is supposed to be better but still, you can always buy that and look at it as £5 each for the other two, which is still dirt cheap! :)

That's more than enough acronyms for one post...

Sam 30th January 2011 06:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 125017)
At £3.30 each it's less than I paid for the old dvd's. It's the only English-friendly version of TGTBATU. FAFDM is supposed to look great and the Italian disc of AFOD is supposed to be better but still, you can always buy that and look at it as £5 each for the other two, which is still dirt cheap! :)

That's more than enough acronyms for one post...

Pretty much my thoughts on this one - worth a gamble at that price! Plus, the extras and the films will all be on the one disc, which is more convenient that the 2-disc DVD editions (bit of a lazy motivation I know! :o)

PaulD 30th January 2011 05:17 PM

Took the plunge on the Spaghetti Western set. Hopefully I can make a bit of the money back by selling my 6-disc set on eBay or might put my first toe in the water of the cult-labs trading system...

Inspector Tanzi 30th January 2011 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 125017)
It's the only English-friendly version of TGTBATU.

What about the U.S. one.

bdc 30th January 2011 07:05 PM

Isn't that the same?

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 30th January 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 124825)
Well, after nearly diving in at £14.99 and holding off thinking it'd be at that price some other time and so much else to buy, the Spaghetti Western set is now down at Play to..

£9.99!!!

Probably will be 24 hour at that price knowing Play so best be quick!

Spaghetti Westerns Blu-ray Collection (3 Discs) (Blu-ray) - Blu-ray at Play.com (UK)

I can confirm it's still £9.99 as I decided to take a punt, risking the below par PQ, and have just ordered the set. Thanks for the tip, blob!

Inspector Tanzi 30th January 2011 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 125162)
Isn't that the same?

That's what I thought.

the blob 30th January 2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 125171)
That's what I thought.

Yeah, i was thinking more along the distributor lines. This, the US and HK versions are all the same.

wayfarer 31st January 2011 08:25 AM

I've just ordered the Edgar Wright 3-movie BR boxset from Zavvi, at a wallet friendly £17.95. It includes Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim.