Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th October 2012 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 281551)
Zavvi have some more Hammer stuff in their upcoming Mega Monday. Probably of most interest are the ones due out on the 22nd.

Rasputin: The Mad Monk - £11.45
The Devil Rides Out - £11.45
The Mummy's Shroud - £11.45

Thanks for the spot. Although The Mummy's Shroud has already been shipped, I'm trying to cancel the other two and reorder them at the lower price.

To be honest, it seems like a bit of a cheap trick by Zavvi, exploiting those who preordered the titles and I wish they had a pre-order price guarantee like Amazon.

the blob 13th October 2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 281608)
Thanks for the spot. Although The Mummy's Shroud has already been shipped, I'm trying to cancel the other two and reorder them at the lower price.

To be honest, it seems like a bit of a cheap trick by Zavvi, exploiting those who preordered the titles and I wish they had a pre-order price guarantee like Amazon.

Are you sure you don't mean Curse of Frankenstein shipped? Mummy's Shroud isn't out until the 22nd. I've had mine on order at HMV which are usually a lot faster than Zavvi and no sign of anything shipping there.

Rik 13th October 2012 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 281608)

How come your Mummy's Shroud has shipped, it's not due until the 22nd, did you mean Curse of Frankenstein?

According to their website, they do have a pre-order price guarantee but I decided to cancel and re-order anyway

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th October 2012 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 281613)
Are you sure you don't mean Curse of Frankenstein shipped? Mummy's Shroud isn't out until the 22nd. I've had mine on order at HMV which are usually a lot faster than Zavvi and no sign of anything shipping there.

I mixed up the two titles, so yes – The Curse of Frankenstein has been shipped, not The Mummy's Shroud.

oaxaca 13th October 2012 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 281551)
Zavvi have some more Hammer stuff in their upcoming Mega Monday. Probably of most interest are the ones due out on the 22nd.

Rasputin: The Mad Monk - £11.45
The Devil Rides Out - £11.45
The Mummy's Shroud - £11.45

They seem a fair bit cheaper than current pre-order prices (although these prices include the burden of Zavvi's despatch speeds:P), but they're not titles I've been tracking, so perhaps there have been better pre-order deals for them? I think there are a few sites which give you a 10% off code if you click through and buy something (I found a link on twitter last week and it worked, but can't remember the link; it's worth investigating). Some of the older Hammer releases are there too.

Fantastic spot, they are all about 3 quid cheaper than the ones I had on pre-order from HMV so that great :D

Slippery Jack 14th October 2012 07:35 AM

Hmmm ok I'm gonna check my banks balance and maybe get onto this :cool: bought The Reptile last night from Zavvi for £9 with a 10% off code . . .

doolahrock 15th October 2012 04:19 PM

Some good stuff in the Zavvi Mega Monday this week. I ordered -

Del Toro Box Set - Special Edition Collection Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

The Thing (1982) / The Thing (2011) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Awesome price for the Del Toro set, especially with the 10% off code.

However, some of the estimated delivery times are utterly insane and not what the site suggested at all. Bought some Studio Ghibli for my wife's Christmas and one of them is estimated at the 12th of December :shocked:

Wes 15th October 2012 04:21 PM

Some good discounts on the BFI's Kurosawa boxsets as well over at Zavvi (but they're DVD only)...

Delirium 15th October 2012 06:58 PM

Where is this elusive 10% code everyone speaks of?

oaxaca 15th October 2012 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 282392)
Where is this elusive 10% code everyone speaks of?

My girlfriend received a personalised one the other day which I tried to use on these 3 new Hammers but it didn;t work, I don;t think it liked the pre-order thing.