Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Inspector Tanzi 31st January 2011 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 125011)
From the reviews on play.com people are saying the transfer is not good I am not sure if to purchase or not now

These reviews are no doubt from characters who sit there looking for imperfections like that twat and the land of whimsy.

oaxaca 31st January 2011 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 125242)
These reviews are no doubt from characters who sit there looking for imperfections like that twat and the land of whimsy.

Yeah I was very happy with the transfers... Very detailed, solid colours, plenty of grain... Best they have ever looked or sounded on home cinema... For £3.33 each you would be mental not to get this trilogy!!:rant::p

PaulD 31st January 2011 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 125239)
I've just ordered the Edgar Wright 3-movie BR boxset from Zavvi, at a wallet friendly £17.95. It includes Shaun of the Dead, Hot Fuzz and Scott Pilgrim.

Nice! I bought Scott Pilgrin on BD last week - watched it last night and it's tremendous. For an extra £3 I could have got this set and upgraded the other 2 films to BD, damn

wayfarer 31st January 2011 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 125242)

Issues with transfers; it's always down to the individual and their appreciation of what makes a movie look good. I've seen about 10 minutes of AFFOD on my trilogy BR and it looks great to me. But, I'm a fan. A casual watcher who has the DVDs might want to just stick with them.

If it still exists on here, the debate on the Predator "ultimate edition" speaks volumes....:lol:

broonage 31st January 2011 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 125252)
Nice! I bought Scott Pilgrin on BD last week - watched it last night and it's tremendous. For an extra £3 I could have got this set and upgraded the other 2 films to BD, damn

I watched it and thought it was rubbish! I just couldn't get into it.

the blob 31st January 2011 11:20 PM

James Bond Blu set.. Dr. No / For Your Eyes Only / From Russia With Love / Die Another Day / Live And Let Die / Thunderball.

£17.99 at Play!

James Bond: (Dr. No / For Your Eyes Only / From Russia With Love / Die Another Day / Live And Let Die / Thunderball) (Blu-ray) - Blu-ray at Play.com (UK)

I've already got the Connery ones on Region A. To me they look pretty fantastic.

pedromonkey 1st February 2011 12:49 AM

that's a very good price, i have them all on dvd so will be passing on these.

the blob 1st February 2011 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 125394)
that's a very good price, i have them all on dvd so will be passing on these.

Yeah, I still have the dvd's. Not really that much of a Moore fan so only relly plan on upgrading the Connery's and OHMSS when they all finally get released. Possibly a couple of Brosnan's as well..

thundercrack 1st February 2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 125170)
I can confirm it's still £9.99 as I decided to take a punt, risking the below par PQ, and have just ordered the set. Thanks for the tip, blob!

It's £9.99 on Amazon Here (the play price has gone up to £14.99)

Spaghetti Western Collection [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Klaus Kinski, Mario Brega, John Wels, Clint Eastwood, Eli Wallach, Lee Van Cleef, Sergio Leone: DVD

oaxaca 1st February 2011 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 125395)
Yeah, I still have the dvd's. Not really that much of a Moore fan so only relly plan on upgrading the Connery's and OHMSS when they all finally get released. Possibly a couple of Brosnan's as well..

Oh no.... Your NOT a Roger Moore fan!? :o:loco: :p

Just kidding, don't want to start a big 'who was the best Bond' debate, that would be very off topic :p

That is a great price for all them films though!