Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Rik 28th November 2012 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296366)
The films in the boxset of three are owned by Warners. The ones in the larger Masterpiece Collection are owned by Universal.

It's a shame the smaller set doesn't include the other films from the similar DVD set (I Confess being one of them, I forget the other)

Ah right, never knew that

PaulD 28th November 2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 296367)
Ah right, never knew that

Yeah. Whenever his films are release in sets they generally fall into 3 categories: his early British Films, the Warners Hollywood ones and the later Universal Hollywood ones

Slippery Jack 28th November 2012 07:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 296368)
Yeah. Whenever his films are release in sets they generally fall into 3 categories: his early British Films, the Warners Hollywood ones and the later Universal Hollywood ones

Yup. A little annoying how Universal called their latest set the 'Masterpiece Collection' - quite a few gaps there . . . !

Rik 28th November 2012 07:37 PM

I just assumed that the Masterpiece Collection contained pretty much every one of his films, not a massive fan of Hitch so I never looked into it

Baseball Fury 28th November 2012 10:30 PM

The other films missing from this set (based on the DVD) are Stage Fright and The Wrong Man.

Refused 29th November 2012 12:22 PM

Little Shop of Horrors is down to $15 on Amazon.com now. Comes to about £14 after postage. Much more agreeable than the $25 it was at a while back.

Amazon.com: Little Shop of Horrors: Director's Cut [Blu-ray]: Rick Moranis, Ellen Greene, Vincent Gardenia, Steve Martin, James Belushi, John Candy, Bill Murray, Frank Oz, Miles Goodman, David Geffen, Howard Ashman: Movies & TV

Baseball Fury 29th November 2012 02:27 PM

Just bought the Raro Fernando DI Leo crime collection from Amazon.com, $12.99! Unreal price.

antmumford 29th November 2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 296577)

Thank you, thank you, thank you. I've been waiting patiently for this to come down to a reasonable price and at just under £14 delivered I had to take the plunge. Haven't found it for less than £19 anywhere.

robertzombie 29th November 2012 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 296604)
Just bought the Raro Fernando DI Leo crime collection from Amazon.com, $12.99! Unreal price.

Is it region free?

Slippery Jack 29th November 2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 296707)
Is it region free?

Sure is. A bargain of the year contender for sure! When's Volume 2 out anyway . . . ?