Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Daemonia 24th December 2010 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 117094)
Thanks for that! I swear the set was £29.99 on Monday night.:shocked:

I ordered the Alien Anthology Blu-ray set last Sunday when it dropped to £24.99. It's gone back up to £37.99 now, so I saved myself £13 there! Shame the snow means I won't have it for Christmas, but at least it's on its way and at a nice price!

Inspector Tanzi 24th December 2010 02:28 PM

I'm gonna be a tight bastard with this one, I reckon we'll be able to pick it up for £17.99 or something like that after a while, I'm hoilding out for the Lethal Weapon set aswell.

broonage 24th December 2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 118309)
I'm gonna be a tight bastard with this one, I reckon we'll be able to pick it up for £17.99 or something like that after a while, I'm hoilding out for the Lethal Weapon set aswell.

I got the LW set for Christmas, i got it early as it sent to me directly from Amazon. I opened it without realising! :doh:

oaxaca 26th December 2010 07:56 AM

THE EXORCIST IS BACK ON PLAY.COM (& AMAZON) FOR 7.99!!! BARGAIN!

(oh and Arrows DAY OF THE DEAD is a mere £9.94 on play trade sold by UKMediaOffers Brand New!!)

nekromantik 26th December 2010 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 118397)
THE EXORCIST IS BACK ON PLAY.COM (& AMAZON) FOR 7.99!!! BARGAIN!

(oh and Arrows DAY OF THE DEAD is a mere £9.94 on play trade sold by UKMediaOffers Brand New!!)

very good price.
Altho I really want the US digibook but thats around £19 :(

doolahrock 27th December 2010 07:43 PM

Bubba Ho Tep

Good price for one of my favourite types of boxset on Amazon. The 'two films that make sense packaged together and one that doesn't' boxset. Thing of beauty.

So Bubba, My Name is Bruce and I Sell the Dead for £11.99. Just ordered it.

the blob 28th December 2010 01:21 AM

A heads up for anyone who can play Region A discs. The Canadian version of the Vengeance Trilogy is now going for the stupidly cheap price of $19.99 CAD plus shipping. Includes both versions of Lady Vengeance and the Oldboy diary as well as lossless audio for Oldboy which Palisades Tartan neglected on the U.S version. Came to £18.01 inc shipping!

Vengeance Trilogy [Blu-ray]: Amazon.ca: DVD

Definitely Region A locked though.

Sam 28th December 2010 09:19 AM

The Killer Inside Me is £5.49 delivered on hmv.com!

nekromantik 28th December 2010 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118579)
A heads up for anyone who can play Region A discs. The Canadian version of the Vengeance Trilogy is now going for the stupidly cheap price of $19.99 CAD plus shipping. Includes both versions of Lady Vengeance and the Oldboy diary as well as lossless audio for Oldboy which Palisades Tartan neglected on the U.S version. Came to £18.01 inc shipping!

thats a bargin!!
may have to get it but it says ships in 1 - 2 weeks so they ran out of stock ha ha
edit: just gone for it ha ha

the blob 28th December 2010 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 118607)
thats a bargin!!
may have to get it but it says ships in 1 - 2 weeks so they ran out of stock ha ha
edit: just gone for it ha ha

Is that you on the blu-ray forum as well? :lol:

Not surprised that it's gone to the top of the Amazon.ca dvd chart at that price. It was #2 when I ordered last night so hopefully stock will be back in soon enough as I think they'll have a lot of orders to fulfill! Probably depends on Alliance's holiday opening but I don't mind the wait.

brain dead 28th December 2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118700)

Not surprised that it's gone to the top of the Amazon.ca dvd chart at that price. It was #2 when I ordered last night so hopefully stock will be back in soon enough as I think they'll have a lot of orders to fulfill! Probably depends on Alliance's holiday opening but I don't mind the wait.

I ordered that bad boy, too. Along with House of the Dead blu :lol:

Inspector Tanzi 28th December 2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Cool, just ordered.
I've already got the U.K. editions but couldn't resist this. Good to have the full colour Lady Vengeance on blu as I only have this version of the film on Korean dvd.

nekromantik 28th December 2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118700)

yup thats me :tongue1:
I get around :lol:

yeah I dont mind waiting either as its a good price.
its 1p over the VAT limit so hope I dont get unlucky as thats gonna be painful :eek:

the blob 28th December 2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 118715)
yup thats me :tongue1:
I get around :lol:

yeah I dont mind waiting either as its a good price.
its 1p over the VAT limit so hope I dont get unlucky as thats gonna be painful :eek:

Legally,that shouldn't be an issue as it's only £13 something + postage. They should only include postage into their duty when the item itself is over £18. They'll also probably declare in CAD so unless something major happens, even with postage it should be well under by the UK Customs exchange rate.

nekromantik 28th December 2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118719)
Legally,that shouldn't be an issue as it's only £13 something + postage. They should only include postage into their duty when the item itself is over £18. They'll also probably declare in CAD so unless something major happens, even with postage it should be well under by the UK Customs exchange rate.

ah ok
hope so. :)

pedromonkey 28th December 2010 07:28 PM

what region coding is it? because at that price it's awesome....

the blob 28th December 2010 08:00 PM

I could have sworn I read someone said it was Region A locked but seems noone has actually tested it properly yet. I wouldn't bet against it being locked though..

Inspector Tanzi 28th December 2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 118734)
what region coding is it? because at that price it's awesome....

You should get yourself a ulti region machine mate. In my opinion film collectors should have multi region machines or machines from other regions also.

pedromonkey 28th December 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 118751)
You should get yourself a ulti region machine mate. In my opinion film collectors should have multi region machines or machines from other regions also.

ive just paid 130.00 for a player, i can't afford a multi-region one.
just found that amazon and play are selling them at 5.99 each which i can afford...

nekromantik 28th December 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 118753)
ive just paid 130.00 for a player, i can't afford a multi-region one.
just found that amazon and play are selling them at 5.99 each which i can afford...

the UK discs are not as good.
Lady Vengence is only in fade to black version. Also oldboy only has deleted scenes and thats it.

kingofwitches666 29th December 2010 04:18 AM

Quote:

Ordered, although with Standard International Shipping the delivery estimate is April 6 2011 - April 13 2011. :eek:

If it does take that long, I'll have a nice suprise drop through the letter box, as I probably will have forgotten that I'd ordered it by that time it arrives! :lol:

oaxaca 29th December 2010 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 118751)

I wish there was a way of unlocking a PS3 to play region A locked Blu Rays! I'm never going to be able to buy DJANGO on BD agh! :(

nekromantik 29th December 2010 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 118841)
I wish there was a way of unlocking a PS3 to play region A locked Blu Rays! I'm never going to be able to buy DJANGO on BD agh! :(

Just get a Blu drive for your PC or laptop. Pc drives can b bought for £50 :)
As long as you have DVI or HDMI on your PC/laptop and its gfx is HDCP compatible which all are if bought in last 3 years or so.

pedromonkey 30th December 2010 08:24 PM

i've been checking other Amazon sites and on the french site they have a pretty cool looking kill bill 1+2 boxset for 19.99EUR which with P+P comes to just over 23 quid..

KILL BILL VOL 1+2 BLU RAY

Inspector Tanzi 30th December 2010 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 119028)
i've been checking other Amazon sites and on the french site they have a pretty cool looking kill bill 1+2 boxset for 19.99EUR which with P+P comes to just over 23 quid..

KILL BILL VOL 1+2 BLU RAY

Isn't a definitive version in the works with that black & white scene in colour etc as one long film?

BioZombie 30th December 2010 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 119035)
Isn't a definitive version in the works with that black & white scene in colour etc as one long film?

The definitive version has been in the works for years, but I did hear it may become a reality now that new company has aquired the rights to the Mirimax back catalouge.

nekromantik 30th December 2010 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 119037)
The definitive version has been in the works for years, but I did hear it may become a reality now that new company has aquired the rights to the Mirimax back catalouge.

I still wont hold me breathe for it.
There has been no news on it since he announced it years back.
:(
If you need to see the house of daggers scene in colour then watch the japanese version of the movie :)

Inspector Tanzi 30th December 2010 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 119037)

Have they jumped the gun a bit here then? Obviously the £3.99 is a mistake though :happy:

Kill Bill: Redux : BLU-RAY: hmv.com

the blob 30th December 2010 11:32 PM

I think that hmv listing has been there for a long while. I won't upgrade until I can replace the Japanese cut. Can't actually believe they released the standard cut in Japan!

Inspector Tanzi 30th December 2010 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 119060)
Can't actually believe they released the standard cut in Japan!

On Blu?

I've got the two Japanese dvd box sets so don't mind waiting.

the blob 30th December 2010 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 119061)
On Blu?

I've got the two Japanese dvd box sets so don't mind waiting.

Yep.. on Blu so that probably puts paid to another version being released there for a while. I used to have the box sets but sold them for a stupid price and rebought the regular dvd of KB Vol 1.

nekromantik 31st December 2010 12:54 AM

I think most of the whole bloody affair will be extended anime sequences.
They have not shot extra live action footage but what I am most interested in is the new extras. Otherwise the japanese cut will do me fine as its in full color.

nekromantik 31st December 2010 06:10 PM

amazon ca have just dispatched the vengence trilogy!!

Inspector Tanzi 31st December 2010 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 119163)
amazon ca have just dispatched the vengence trilogy!!

I just came on to say the same thing:happy:

F*ck knows what all that March/April carry on was all about!

nekromantik 31st December 2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 119166)
I just came on to say the same thing:happy:

F*ck knows what all that March/April carry on was all about!

:lol:
they over estimate those dates as a precaution usually but April was a bit silly.

the blob 31st December 2010 09:39 PM

Mine shipped too! :woot:

kingofwitches666 1st January 2011 12:32 AM

Yeah they've shipped mine as well! :dance:

brain dead 2nd January 2011 10:40 PM

My Vengeance trilogy is in Miami so I'll probably have it tomorrow.

nekromantik 2nd January 2011 10:48 PM

I wont be getting it till next week :(

the blob 3rd January 2011 07:06 PM

Vengeance Trilogy has gone back up to over $40 now. Glad we got in there! :)