Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

dream demon 10th October 2011 04:38 PM

Mine is stilling showing at £3.99 (touches wood).

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 05:19 PM

BLURAY.COM has a review up of Silent Running. Can't wait to pick this up.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 188785)
My pre-order seems to be holding its £3.99 price though. What usually happens if a retailer won't honour a price? Do they contact you or simply put the price up on your pre-order?

Thank God I ordered ten copies.....

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th October 2011 10:18 PM

I wonder how many people managed o order a copy at £3.99? I'd imagine it was quite a few to get it at number 1 in thier bestseller chart.

nekromantik 11th October 2011 01:27 AM

Amazon still has not cancelled my copy of Fight Club for £2.99 and people are getting it shipped without cancellation.
I know its different being a catalogue title but still a bargin :lol:

Paul@TheOverlook 11th October 2011 06:21 AM

I think Fight Club was a genuine offer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rik 11th October 2011 07:05 AM

I've just checked Amazon, Silent Running has gone up to £12.93 now

Violence is Italian Art

Paul@TheOverlook 11th October 2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 189022)
I've just checked Amazon, Silent Running has gone up to £12.93 now

Violence is Italian Art

Someone else mentioned that yesterday morning. I'd imagine setting up an incorrect price on a Friday is their worst nightmare!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rik 11th October 2011 07:28 AM

So they did, never saw that post

Violence is Italian Art

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 11th October 2011 12:11 PM

Don't Look Now only £6.99 on Amazon.

antmumford 11th October 2011 04:07 PM

Thought I'd let you all know that HMV have now changed their BD sale from 2 for £20 to 2 for £15. There's some real good ones in the deal too from what I could see in my local store

oaxaca 11th October 2011 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 189130)
Thought I'd let you all know that HMV have now changed their BD sale from 2 for £20 to 2 for £15. There's some real good ones in the deal too from what I could see in my local store

Too right! This deal matches that of play and amazon now which is what we want to see! I'm very keen on getting THE THIN RED LINE & PLATOON for £7.50 each :D

Refused 16th October 2011 05:11 PM

Mega Monday time guys! The ones that jumped out at me were Cape Fear, Candyman and the other Cape Fear for £6.95 each, and Quadrophenia for £7.95.

Baseball Fury 19th October 2011 04:27 PM

All The Right Noises BFI Dual Format is only £6.70 on Amazon for pre-order!

wayfarer 19th October 2011 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 189130)

When you said "...from what I could see in my local store" I'm assuming that you meant examples of the "2 for 20" or are they 2 for 15 instore too? I'm probably just having a senior moment;)

dream demon 19th October 2011 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 191247)
All The Right Noises BFI Dual Format is only £6.70 on Amazon for pre-order!

Thanks for that - pre-ordered. :clap: This is one of the few of the 'original' Flipside releases I didn't pick up. Some of the newer releases are also reduced to £8.99 as well.

antmumford 19th October 2011 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191249)
When you said "...from what I could see in my local store" I'm assuming that you meant examples of the "2 for 20" or are they 2 for 15 instore too? I'm probably just having a senior moment;)

I was talking instore yes, not online. The 2 for £15 deal is in stores :)

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

wayfarer 19th October 2011 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 191306)
I was talking instore yes, not online. The 2 for £15 deal is in stores :)

I'm shocked!:eek: Thanks for clarifying!:woot:

antmumford 19th October 2011 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 191343)
I'm shocked!:eek: Thanks for clarifying!:woot:

I know, I couldn't believe my eyes when the guy started putting them all out on the shelves. There was a great selection too, some real good titles are in it but they tend to vary from store to store

Legend 20th October 2011 12:04 AM

Where do you guys all buy Eureka/Master of Cinema Blus from?

I've been slowly purchasing them while money's tight and I was shocked to see For All Mankind at £90 on Amazon, having disappeared from the rest of the world.

Daemonia 20th October 2011 12:40 AM

Amazon are not honouring their pricing for Fight Club. This is the email I had from them:

Quote:

Dear Customer

We are writing to inform you that the price for the item

Fight Club [Blu-ray] [1999] - Asin: B002LE87R6

was displayed incorrectly at the time you placed the above referenced order.

Despite our best efforts, with the millions of items available on our website,
pricing errors can occasionally occur.

In our Pricing and Availability Policy we state that where an item's correct price is higher than our stated price, we contact the customer before dispatching.

All affected orders have now been cancelled. If you still wish to purchase this
item, please place a new order online as from tomorrow, which will be charged at the correct price, when we dispatch it to you.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by this error, and rest assured that we will continue to make every effort to maintain the accuracy of all prices on our site.

We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Warmest regards,

Customer Service Department
Amazon.co.uk
I'm not at all hopeful now that Silent Running will be honoured either.

Did anyone actually get Fight Club at that low price? If so, why are they picking and choosing who gets it and who doesn't?

nekromantik 20th October 2011 12:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 191384)
Amazon are not honouring their pricing for Fight Club. This is the email I had from them:

I'm not at all hopeful now that Silent Running will be honoured either.

Did anyone actually get Fight Club at that low price? If so, why are they picking and choosing who gets it and who doesn't?

I got mine for £2.97 :)

Did you order more then one copy?
People who ordered multiple copies got cancellation emails but now I tnink they put a limit to the number of customers who get it at that price.

Daemonia 20th October 2011 01:29 AM

I ordered just the one copy. They sent me an email at the start of the week, apologising for the delay and that they were awaiting stock. They promised to send the BD out by the 23rd October. So, all's good, I thought. Then this evening I had that email, telling me the order was cancelled.

Well, no use moaning about it, I suppose. Just wanted to give people the heads up that Amazon might not honour their orders and that the Silent Running orders might not be honoured either.

I'm still baffled as to why some people got theirs at the cheap price and others haven't. Fairness would have been to either honour all orders or cancel all orders. Seems like not all customers are treated the same at Amazon. And I've emailed them to tell them as such. It's not the fact that they've cancelled my order that's pissed me off, I always figured that was a possibility, it's the fact that they're not treating all customers equally. It's grossly inconsistent.

Baseball Fury 20th October 2011 06:15 AM

I got mine. my guess is that once the initial stock was depleted, any orders over that were not honoured.

as for Masters of Cinema, they're currently in the process of rereleasing the whole collection as dual format, so the original BD only releases are OOP. this has led to silly overrated prices, but to be honest, you'd be a very silly billy to pay more than £20 for one. the only unconfirmed reissue is Soul Power.

Legend 20th October 2011 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 191402)
as for Masters of Cinema, they're currently in the process of rereleasing the whole collection as dual format, so the original BD only releases are OOP. this has led to silly overrated prices, but to be honest, you'd be a very silly billy to pay more than £20 for one. the only unconfirmed reissue is Soul Power.

That's good to hear. I never understood the appeal of Dual/Tripe/Super releases, they just seem redundant to me. However, anything that means I'm paying less than 6x a reasonable price is a pro for me.

wayfarer 20th October 2011 11:19 AM

Went to the HMV Trocadero today and bought (don't laugh) Sucker Punch and Moonraker; a band name if ever I heard one;)

Baseball Fury 20th October 2011 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 191469)
That's good to hear. I never understood the appeal of Dual/Tripe/Super releases, they just seem redundant to me. However, anything that means I'm paying less than 6x a reasonable price is a pro for me.

I get it for MoC/BFI etc as it saves them doing a separate DVD release for their substantial DVD only audience, and I get it for kids films, because kids can ruin the DVD copy I don't get it for titles like Inception etc, because they do a DVD release anyway!

nekromantik 20th October 2011 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 191390)
I ordered just the one copy. They sent me an email at the start of the week, apologising for the delay and that they were awaiting stock. They promised to send the BD out by the 23rd October. So, all's good, I thought. Then this evening I had that email, telling me the order was cancelled.

Well, no use moaning about it, I suppose. Just wanted to give people the heads up that Amazon might not honour their orders and that the Silent Running orders might not be honoured either.

I'm still baffled as to why some people got theirs at the cheap price and others haven't. Fairness would have been to either honour all orders or cancel all orders. Seems like not all customers are treated the same at Amazon. And I've emailed them to tell them as such. It's not the fact that they've cancelled my order that's pissed me off, I always figured that was a possibility, it's the fact that they're not treating all customers equally. It's grossly inconsistent.

some people over on BR forums contacted Amazon using the online chat feature and complained and they got voucher to make up the difference so ended up with the blu for £2.97 anyway. :)

Try that cant hurt.

the blob 20th October 2011 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 191477)
I get it for MoC/BFI etc as it saves them doing a separate DVD release for their substantial DVD only audience, and I get it for kids films, because kids can ruin the DVD copy I don't get it for titles like Inception etc, because they do a DVD release anyway!

I understand the theory. Throw in the DVD so anyone who's on the fence or intending to go Blu later can buy it now. All part of the ongoing drive to get people to move forward. Not sure how well it's working though.

Legend 20th October 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 191477)

I mean more along the lines of consumer appeal. As a publisher I see how it makes sense, but as for your Inception example, or Thor which seems to have a "Super Play" edition which is DVD + BD + Digital + 3DBD. It makes no sense to me for a person to buy this. A BD + 3DBD maybe, as no doubt if 3D does manage to take off it'd be nice to have them ready, but with a DVD and Digital thrown in as well? I just can't see why someone would want 4 copies of the same film.

robertzombie 21st October 2011 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Legend (Post 191519)
I mean more along the lines of consumer appeal. As a publisher I see how it makes sense, but as for your Inception example, or Thor which seems to have a "Super Play" edition which is DVD + BD + Digital + 3DBD. It makes no sense to me for a person to buy this. A BD + 3DBD maybe, as no doubt if 3D does manage to take off it'd be nice to have them ready, but with a DVD and Digital thrown in as well? I just can't see why someone would want 4 copies of the same film.

A DVD copy thrown in means you can take it to a friend's house who may not have a BD player :)

oaxaca 23rd October 2011 05:28 PM

Candyman is £5.99 in Zavvi's mega-monday deal !! I'm sold!

dream demon 24th October 2011 08:56 PM

Play have some Halloween deals on at the moment. Just picked up Rec 1 & 2 for £5.69 each.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2011 07:04 PM

HMV have 2 for £15 which included....

MIDNIGHT EXPRESS
THE FACULTY
STAND BY ME
THE OTHERS
CAPE FEAR
CANDYMAN
CAPE FEAR (Peck)

Paul@TheOverlook 25th October 2011 07:48 PM

I picked up the Scorsese Cape Fear and much maligned Sucker Punch in that deal.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2011 08:11 PM

Which Cape Fear do you prefer?

Paul@TheOverlook 25th October 2011 08:31 PM

The remake, hands down. The original is a little twee for my taste, Reaps.

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 25th October 2011 10:46 PM

Yeah,De Niro is hard to beat as a psycho.
The original,I suppose was quite menacing in it's day.

the blob 25th October 2011 10:57 PM

I prefer the original I think. It's close but Juliette Lewis gets on my nerves a bit.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th October 2011 08:43 AM

Although Scorsese's version is very good, I prefer the original as Gregory Peck is a better protagonist than Nick Nolte and Robert Mitchum is really hard to beat as a 'bad guy' than Robert De Niro. I really like them both and would like to see the original on Blu-ray as well as the remake, which I would consider picking up for that price.