Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Sargento 14th February 2011 07:53 PM

Buried Blu in Tesco Land is £10.97

nekromantik 14th February 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128263)
Buried Blu in Tesco Land is £10.97

hope you dont mind the cropped image on that disc
I returned mine :(
Icon really messed up.

PaulD 14th February 2011 08:28 PM

You can get the bluray online from HMV online for £11.99 which includes the director's first feature film, which seems like a great deal.

Sargento 14th February 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 128271)
hope you dont mind the cropped image on that disc
I returned mine :(
Icon really messed up.

Yeah, noticed you had returned yours on another thread Nek. Maybe they rush released it and balls it up! Hence the low price.

nekromantik 14th February 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128278)
Yeah, noticed you had returned yours on another thread Nek. Maybe they rush released it and balls it up! Hence the low price.

yeah it does ruin the film for me as it looks stretched with no bars on the top or bottom. maybe your not as fussy :lol:

Sargento 14th February 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 128279)
yeah it does ruin the film for me as it looks stretched with no bars on the top or bottom. maybe your not as fussy :lol:

Oh I am as fussy as you Nek ... a renter for me this one. The HMV exclusive does look good though. The additional film, The Contestant sounds like a winner to me.

nekromantik 14th February 2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128283)
Oh I am as fussy as you Nek ... a renter for me this one. The HMV exclusive does look good though. The additional film, The Contestant sounds like a winner to me.

the extra film is on a dvd though so cant justify spending £12 for a dvd extra movie and a blu without OAR :lol:

the blob 14th February 2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 128184)
Appreciate the heads up :D

Forbidden planet @ £6 = bargain!!

Just ordered this as well! :)

wayfarer 15th February 2011 09:47 AM

Just a word of warning for those using Zavvi; I ordered the Scott Pilgrim/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead on 31/02/11. I'm still waiting for it. i thought it was a bargain at £17.95 but as a new collection assumed they'd have enough stock. I queried why they advertised the collection again, yesterday, but still couldn't fulfill my order. When I returned to the site I noticed that the boxset entry had been changed to "shipping withing a month".
I received the following message:

"Thanks for your email.

It is back on line but it says "usually despatched within a month" This is down to us not knowing when the new shipment will be back in.

We did get a shipment in the other day but had to send it back due to quality control.

Apologies for the delay in this.":rolleyes:

Anyway, apart from them being a bit slower than Amazon and Play, I have had some successful and cheap transactions with them. Their single season BSG Blu-Rays are cheap.

PaulD 15th February 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 128318)
Just a word of warning for those using Zavvi; I ordered the Scott Pilgrim/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead on 31/02/11. I'm still waiting for it.

To be fair to Zavvi though, it's probably quite difficult for them to fulfil orders taken from time travellers :laugh: