Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Sargento 15th February 2011 10:11 AM

Tee Hee ... I spotted that too Paul!

:rolleyes:

:doh:

oaxaca 15th February 2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 128318)
Just a word of warning for those using Zavvi; I ordered the Scott Pilgrim/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead on 31/02/11. I'm still waiting for it. i thought it was a bargain at £17.95 but as a new collection assumed they'd have enough stock. I queried why they advertised the collection again, yesterday, but still couldn't fulfill my order. When I returned to the site I noticed that the boxset entry had been changed to "shipping withing a month".
I received the following message:

"Thanks for your email.

It is back on line but it says "usually despatched within a month" This is down to us not knowing when the new shipment will be back in.

We did get a shipment in the other day but had to send it back due to quality control.

Apologies for the delay in this.":rolleyes:

Anyway, apart from them being a bit slower than Amazon and Play, I have had some successful and cheap transactions with them. Their single season BSG Blu-Rays are cheap.

Zavvi took their sweet time sending me the Shogun Assassin tin also! I think they have stock issues sometimes, still they are cheap and do keep you informed as to when things are going to be delayed.

wayfarer 15th February 2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 128320)
To be fair to Zavvi though, it's probably quite difficult for them to fulfil orders taken from time travellers :laugh:

oops! :lol:

I've just noticed that Zavvi are now charging £33.85 for the boxset. What's the betting that they'll continually delay may order until;
a) the price naturally drops across the market or
b) I cancel my order due to boredom.

oaxaca 15th February 2011 12:39 PM

Just for people's information...

Best places, according to me anyway, for up-to-the-minute news on the latest blu ray bargains are the following:

New Blu-ray Deals, Latest Blu-ray Deals
This site has the latest price drops and lists the best deals..updated several times a day. Both UK & US & everywhere else besides...

Blu Ray Bargains
This is THE UK forum to visit for the latest offers & bargains. Very regularly updated!

tollickd 15th February 2011 01:36 PM

play.com has reduced the price of Metropolis: Limited Steelbook Edition - Reconstructed & Restored to £17.99 not sure if it is every ones cup of tea

kingofwitches666 16th February 2011 07:50 PM

If anyone is interested & owns a multi-region blu player, you can get the US Anchor Bay release of the original ISOYG for £10.69 delivered.

Amazon.com: I Spit on Your Grave [Blu-ray]: Camille Keaton, Meir Zarchi: Movies & TV

dream demon 18th February 2011 06:29 PM

They have quite a few cheap Blu-rays in Sainsburys at the moment - just picked up Max Manus: Man of War for £5, and Highlander Immortal edition for £7. They also had This is England for £5 which I may also pick up.

dream demon 18th February 2011 08:10 PM

PriceMinister appear to be a doing a special offer for new customers with the code WELCOME - £5 off your first order and no minimum spend; just bagged the Lady Vengeance Blu for £1.44.

dream demon 19th February 2011 12:36 AM

For all you fans of Big Arnold, I just found this on Amazon -

Schwarzenegger Collection Total Recall/Red Heat/Raw Deal Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

I reckon that's a bit of a bargain :woot: .

brain dead 19th February 2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 129322)
For all you fans of Big Arnold, I just found this on Amazon -

Schwarzenegger Collection Total Recall/Red Heat/Raw Deal Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

I reckon that's a bit of a bargain :woot: .

It's been lower. it was 7.99 before christmas. But even at 14.99 it's worth the price.