Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

oaxaca 8th November 2011 06:58 AM

PULP FICTION steely has gone up to 35 today!!! I think we all got in there in time whether we paid 10 or 16 :p

oaxaca 8th November 2011 10:11 AM

If anyone uses quidco... HMV are doing a special 7% cashback rate this week on DVDs & BDs! That's a pretty sweet deal!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th November 2011 10:15 AM

That is a decent cashback from Quidco, so I might have a look at those BDs I've been meaning to buy for a while and see which are cheapest at HMV - thanks!

wayfarer 10th November 2011 07:26 AM

Scream 4: It must be bad, although I've ordered a copy. It's 4.99 on Blu-ray, through Play.com's daily deals. I can't post a link from here, but I'm assuming it's easy to order it through a normal visit to the site? I imagine most of you have subscribed to the Play newsletter and know about this anyway.:)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 08:18 AM

The UK BD is completely vanilla, which is why I bought the US one as it contains an audio commentary with Wes Craven and cast members, a making of, deleted scenes, a gag reel an alternate opening and extended ending.

I thought the film was one of the better sequels and, even without those extra features, is probably worth picking up for that price.

bdc 10th November 2011 08:25 AM

But...The UK got the PPV version of Scream 4!
UK Gets Scream 4 PPV Version On Blu-Ray | Scream-Trilogy

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th November 2011 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdc (Post 196575)
But...The UK got the PPV version of Scream 4!
UK Gets Scream 4 PPV Version On Blu-Ray | Scream-Trilogy

I forgot about that and it would be great to have in addition with both versions that, in the meantime, the only option is to buy both.

I've read through the breakdown of the differences and the time doesn't change, just some subtle variations in dialogue, off-camera lines and some omitted swearing. It is annoying, but not something which would steer me away from the bargain price purchase.

Who knows, maybe the fact the discs are going at this price is a sign of a better release to come -- fingers crossed, anyway!

nekromantik 10th November 2011 12:13 PM

At 5 i still would not buy a bare bones release.
I still cant see why anyone would pay more then 5 for that movie.
Sure it was better then Scream 3 but it was way behind parts 1 and 2.

antmumford 14th November 2011 11:53 AM

In case anyone is interested (as it's Christmas and all), Nightmare Before Christmas is only 5.99 for today only at play.com as part of their Mega Monday deal. I nabbed a copy as it's half the price of anywhere else online at the moment and have been wanting it for awhile. So much for no spending at al this year :doh:

platostotal 16th November 2011 04:44 PM

HMV have re-stocked the AB Blu of THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY and WITHNAIL & I for 3 each, skip the full price versions and find em in the bargain section, plenty in the Reading Oracle branch.

James Morton 16th November 2011 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by platostotal (Post 198105)
HMV have re-stocked the AB Blu of THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY and WITHNAIL & I for 3 each, skip the full price versions and find em in the bargain section, plenty in the Reading Oracle branch.

crafty HMV have THE LONG GOOD FRIDAY bd at 8 now....

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 16th November 2011 05:39 PM

Yeah I saw that as well....other craftiness included...
SCARFACE steelbook 25
BEVERLY HILLS COP 20


However,DON'T LOOK NOW was only a tenner.:cool:

dream demon 16th November 2011 06:24 PM

That's Entertainment have added more titles to their 2 for 5 deal. Picked up Universal Soldier 3 (an exchange for an accidental double-dip from my last visit).

They appear to have a website now, but sadly it only appears to stock a very limited range of pre-owned titles. :(

Legend 16th November 2011 09:40 PM

How nice it must be to live in a town which has more than HMV.

Refused 16th November 2011 09:47 PM

I'm glad I got out of my hometown, we didn't even have a HMV!

Rik 17th November 2011 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 198215)
I'm glad I got out of my hometown, we didn't even have a HMV!

My home town doesn't have one either, I have to travel about 6 miles to Huddersfield if I want to see how much HMV are over charging for stuff




"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"

the blob 18th November 2011 07:15 PM

Amazingly enough, the forthcoming Raro Fernando Di Leo boxset is a meagre $22.99 on Amazon.com at the moment, which puts it just under the new 15 limit. Works out at less than 20 with shipping which is pretty great for a 4 BD box set..

Amazon.com: Fernando Di Leo crime collection [Blu-ray]: Jack Palance, Henry Silva, Barbara Bouchet, Gastone Moschin, Mario Adorf, Fernando Di Leo: Movies & TV

PaulD 18th November 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 198561)
Amazingly enough, the forthcoming Raro Fernando Di Leo boxset is a meagre $22.99 on Amazon.com at the moment, which puts it just under the new 15 limit. Works out at less than 20 with shipping which is pretty great for a 4 BD box set..

Amazon.com: Fernando Di Leo crime collection [Blu-ray]: Jack Palance, Henry Silva, Barbara Bouchet, Gastone Moschin, Mario Adorf, Fernando Di Leo: Movies & TV


Hate it when this thread gets added too as I never resist the temptation of a new purchase! :) I nearly bought the dvd set of this but decided to wait for the BD - so tempted right now...

dream demon 18th November 2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 198561)
Amazingly enough, the forthcoming Raro Fernando Di Leo boxset is a meagre $22.99 on Amazon.com at the moment, which puts it just under the new 15 limit. Works out at less than 20 with shipping which is pretty great for a 4 BD box set..

Amazon.com: Fernando Di Leo crime collection [Blu-ray]: Jack Palance, Henry Silva, Barbara Bouchet, Gastone Moschin, Mario Adorf, Fernando Di Leo: Movies & TV

Woe, that's awesome, although I had no idea that this set was on BD! The only thing that worries me, though, is don't they include the cost of postage in the price, pushing this over the limit?

the blob 18th November 2011 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 198567)
Woe, that's awesome, although I had no idea that this set was on BD! The only thing that worries me, though, is don't they include the cost of postage in the price, pushing this over the limit?

If its under 15 before postage its safe. They only charge duty on the postage if the item itself is over the limit. :)

Just a case of hoping the exchange rate doesn't drop much between now and release..

nekromantik 18th November 2011 09:46 PM

im waitin for in a glass cage to drop in price.
15 for that movie is a bit too much for me!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th November 2011 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 198561)
Amazingly enough, the forthcoming Raro Fernando Di Leo boxset is a meagre $22.99 on Amazon.com at the moment, which puts it just under the new 15 limit. Works out at less than 20 with shipping which is pretty great for a 4 BD box set..

Amazon.com: Fernando Di Leo crime collection [Blu-ray]: Jack Palance, Henry Silva, Barbara Bouchet, Gastone Moschin, Mario Adorf, Fernando Di Leo: Movies & TV

That's a great price -- preordered. I can justify the purchase because they don't charge until shipping so I haven't bought it this month.

Slippery Jack 18th November 2011 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 198577)
im waitin for in a glass cage to drop in price.
15 for that movie is a bit too much for me!

oof! That's the most depressing film Ive seen in a good while. Made me feel duuurty :tsk: . . .

the blob 18th November 2011 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 198581)
That's a great price -- preordered. I can justify the purchase because they don't charge until shipping so I haven't bought it this month.

:lol:

I felt the same way now it's been put back until January 17th..

nekromantik 20th November 2011 03:12 PM

anyone who dont have the exorcist digi book amazon us is selling for $13.49 + postage!
ordered mine. hope it dont come damaged

dream demon 20th November 2011 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 198992)
anyone who dont have the exorcist digi book amazon us is selling for $13.49 + postage!
ordered mine. hope it dont come damaged

They also have the Poltergeist digibook for only $12.99. :cool:

Amazon.com: Poltergeist (Blu-ray Book Packaging): JoBeth Williams, Heather O'Rourke, Craig T. Nelson, Beatrice Straight, Dominique Dunne, Oliver Robins, Michael McManus, Virginia Kiser, Martin Casella, Richard Lawson, Zelda Rubinstein, Lou Perrym

*Edit* In fact they have quite a few of the BD digibooks cheap at the moment.

James Morton 20th November 2011 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 198992)
anyone who dont have the exorcist digi book amazon us is selling for $13.49 + postage!
ordered mine. hope it dont come damaged

i bought it when first released, because esp. of the extra book
the uk bd i don't think has it

dream demon 20th November 2011 05:34 PM

Just bought the Dr. Strangelove, Poltergeist, and The Exorcist digibooks, which including shipping saves 15 over the Amazon.co.uk price.

I've pre-ordered the Raro Video boxset which by my calculations comes to less than 5 per film at the current exchange rate. Bargain! :dance:

nekromantik 20th November 2011 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James Morton (Post 199026)
i bought it when first released, because esp. of the extra book
the uk bd i don't think has it

yes uk is not digibook
we hardly get them.

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th November 2011 07:06 PM

Hmmmmm some people on blu-ray.com who ordered Silent Running at the full price before the 3.99 fiasco have said they have been reimbursed 10 because of Amazon's price guarantee i.e the price dropped after they ordered it. If this is true, Amazon have a f*****g cheek!!!!

Rik 20th November 2011 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 199062)
Hmmmmm some people on blu-ray.com who ordered Silent Running at the full price before the 3.99 fiasco have said they have been reimbursed 10 because of Amazon's price guarantee i.e the price dropped after they ordered it. If this is true, Amazon have a f*****g cheek!!!!

That is a proper joke, losing faith in them, they used to be a great company




"They all float down here, they allll floaaaattt!!!"

dream demon 20th November 2011 08:07 PM

'Tis a kick in the teeth, no doubt. I find they are getting less and less of my money these days, not least because of their lousy cheapskate packaging that they insist on using. I refuse to buy digi-packs and boxsets from them now as just too many have been crushed on arrival, and when I ring them to complain they just don't give a sh*t. :mmph: Never had any problems with companies like Base, so I find they are my first port of call these days.

antmumford 20th November 2011 08:51 PM

I've decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and you all may wish to do the same. Videodrome is only 7.95 for now and tomorrow only as part of Zavvi's Mega Monday sale. Preorder bargain I'd say.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Refused 20th November 2011 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 199088)
I've decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and you all may wish to do the same. Videodrome is only 7.95 for now and tomorrow only as part of Zavvi's Mega Monday sale. Preorder bargain I'd say.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Ordered earlier today, never seen it before so I'm pretty excite.

antmumford 20th November 2011 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 199089)
Ordered earlier today, never seen it before so I'm pretty excite.

Me neither but heard great things, can't wait.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Paul@TheOverlook 20th November 2011 09:43 PM

Videodrome is amazing. Definitely one of Cronenberg's best and one of the greatest horror films of the 1980s.

Rik 20th November 2011 09:48 PM

Just pre-ordered it myself, well spotted Ant, it's been a long time since I've seen this but from what I remember, you're both in for a treat! :woot:

dream demon 20th November 2011 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 199088)
I've decided to treat myself to a Christmas present and you all may wish to do the same. Videodrome is only 7.95 for now and tomorrow only as part of Zavvi's Mega Monday sale. Preorder bargain I'd say.

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

Well spotted - at that price I just couldn't say no. It is indeed a classic, and haven't seen it since it was shown on the BBC's Moviedrome so it's well overdue another viewing!

Rik 20th November 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 199099)
Well spotted - at that price I just couldn't say no. It is indeed a classic, and haven't seen it since it was shown on the BBC's Moviedrome so it's well overdue another viewing!

I think that was the last time I saw it too, must have been 15 years ago

nekromantik 20th November 2011 10:48 PM

i love videodrome.
the criterion blu looks stunning


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.