Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

dream demon 28th November 2011 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 199034)
Just bought the Dr. Strangelove, Poltergeist, and The Exorcist digibooks, which including shipping saves 15 over the Amazon.co.uk price.

I've pre-ordered the Raro Video boxset which by my calculations comes to less than 5 per film at the current exchange rate. Bargain! :dance:

Just received my parcel from Amazon and .... I'm absolutely livid. All three discs were just rattling around inside one big box, and although Dr Strangelove and Dirty Harry just about escaped unharmed, The Exorcist is absolutely battered. :mad2: In fact, I have a sneaking suspicion that it has been resealed (the shrink wrap just doesn't look 'factory' too me).

Does anyone have any experience with Amazon.com complaints. What are the odds of getting a replacement?

And do you know what the final insult was? 18 customs and handling from DHL. Would have been cheaper to buy from Amazon.co.uk marketplace. That was one expensive lesson I just learned. :mmph:

the blob 29th November 2011 12:41 AM

I've never had anything wrong with any of the Amazons yet luckily but from what I gather, their service is good when it comes to faulty goods. Take some pics and email contact them. I've heard in some cases with international orders they haven't even bothered asking for a return as its probably not worth them paying the costs.

Bad luck about the customs charges. You have to order separately or go expedited with customs charges in advance for an order over 15 to be safe.

bigandya 3rd December 2011 09:13 AM

Amazon have the Complete Star Wars Blu Ray set for 48 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

nekromantik 3rd December 2011 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 201512)
Amazon have the Complete Star Wars Blu Ray set for 48 as part of their 12 Days of Christmas sale.

I suspect this will drop on Boxing day.
I not a fan but my dad is so told him to wait :lol:

bigandya 3rd December 2011 04:52 PM

49 instore in HMV too ;)

PaulD 3rd December 2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigandya (Post 201578)
49 instore in HMV too ;)

Bloody hell, that is a surprise!

the blob 3rd December 2011 05:18 PM

Good price but I'm not in any rush for them. Historically, Fox don't really discount Star Wars much so I probably can't see it getting a lot better.

Splatterdragon73 4th December 2011 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 201552)
I suspect this will drop on Boxing Day.
I not a fan but my dad is so told him to wait.:lol:

I'm holding my horses too until the SW BR box set comes down even further than 49. I'm hoping about 30 or better yet 17 like the Alien Anthology.

That's Entertainment in Gateshead's The Metro Centre currently have a 3 each or two for a fiver promo going on with brand new BRs at the mo featuring the likes of Batman And Robin, Batman Forever, The Omega Man and Awaydays. Yours truly snapped up TOM yesterday as i'm quite content to own the other three titles on DVD.:)

PaulD 4th December 2011 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 201668)
That's Entertainment in Gateshead's The Metro Centre currently have a 3 each or two for a fiver promo going on with brand new BRs at the mo featuring the likes of Batman And Robin, Batman Forever, The Omega Man and Awaydays. Yours truly snapped up TOM yesterday as i'm quite content to own the other three titles on DVD.:)

Yeah, I picked up The Omega Man a while back from there. Don't suppose you can remember what else they had in that offer do you?

Splatterdragon73 6th December 2011 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 201767)
Don't suppose you can remember what else they had in that offer do you?

Sorry but nothing else springs to mind bar both the aforementioned Batman outings and Awaydays.:)

Hammer time 6th December 2011 04:32 PM

Just bought Alien Anthology 13.97 amazon

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk:

doolahrock 6th December 2011 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer time (Post 202039)
Just bought Alien Anthology 13.97 amazon

Alien Anthology [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk:

Now THAT is a bargain. Think I bought it just under the 20 mark but didn't see it getting that low.

Splatterdragon73 10th December 2011 09:25 AM

Does anybody know if the U.K. Back To The Future trilogy BR set is identical to the U.S. HD release for audio commentaries and extras?

I fancy buying this edition cheap but only if British buyers get the same deal as American audiences.:)

Stephen@Cult Labs 10th December 2011 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 202813)
Does anybody know if the U.K. Back To The Future trilogy BR set is identical to the U.S. HD release for audio commentaries and extras?

I fancy buying this edition cheap but only if British buyers get the same deal as American audiences.:)

Yeah as far as I know, they're identical.

Splatterdragon73 11th December 2011 09:15 AM

I thought as much but i wanted a second opinion before deciding whether or not to buy British. Cheers Steve.:)

PaulD 11th December 2011 05:21 PM

Akira Steelbook only 7.95

James Morton 11th December 2011 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Splatterdragon73 (Post 202813)

check dvdcompare.net
slight different extras....

Stephen@Cult Labs 11th December 2011 09:49 PM

According to dvdcompare, the only differences are languages and subtitles.

oaxaca 14th December 2011 10:08 AM

Whoa! Living Social (a site similar to Groupon) are doing a HMV deal today... buy a 20 voucher for 10!! Available to spend on any DVDs/BDs/music etc on their website!! Thats better than the usual 10% off deals alright :D

only 17 hours left for the deal...

antmumford 14th December 2011 11:55 AM

Zavvi have 10% off a selection of goodies for today only, might be a bargain to be had Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Make sure you enter the code DEC10 at the checkout page ;)

antmumford 14th December 2011 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 203583)
Whoa! Living Social (a site similar to Groupon) are doing a HMV deal today... buy a 20 voucher for 10!! Available to spend on any DVDs/BDs/music etc on their website!! Thats better than the usual 10% off deals alright :D

only 17 hours left for the deal...

If anyone would like this deal, not sure who wouldn't as it's so good, can you use my link here please? http://share.livingsocial.com/deals/...4&rui=19617250 Many thanks

oaxaca 14th December 2011 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 203598)
If anyone would like this deal, not sure who wouldn't as it's so good, can you use my link here please? The Best Daily Deals in National, UK - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com Many thanks

Ha I missed a trick there :p

antmumford 14th December 2011 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 203604)
Ha I missed a trick there :p

:laugh: You could always put your link up and it could be a popularity contest. Actually scrap that idea, you'd win! :doh: :blush:

nekromantik 14th December 2011 12:58 PM

ha ha
I might get that HMV deal and use it to pre order Asus Transformer Prime tablet next month! Would mean I get 10% + 10 off :)

wayfarer 14th December 2011 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 203598)
If anyone would like this deal, not sure who wouldn't as it's so good, can you use my link here please? The Best Daily Deals in National, UK - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com Many thanks

Done! Thanks Ant! This deal is perfect for movie collectors like us.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2011 03:14 PM

I've just bought one as well. If anyone fancies buying one and helping me out, my share link is https://share.livingsocial.com/deals...p&rpi=40531072

PaulD 14th December 2011 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 203635)
I've just bought one as well. If anyone fancies buying one and helping me out, my share link is https://share.livingsocial.com/deals...p&rpi=40531072

Bought one using your link Nos. Hope you get a free one (hope I do too!)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2011 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 203657)
Bought one using your link Nos. Hope you get a free one (hope I do too!)

Thanks. My brother has done the same, so one to go! I wonder if it works if you buy one yourself using a different e-mail address.

the blob 14th December 2011 06:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 203658)
Thanks. My brother has done the same, so one to go! I wonder if it works if you buy one yourself using a different e-mail address.

There you go, mine should be the third one. :)

If anyone wants to help me out, here's mine. Haha!

https://share.livingsocial.com/deals...p&rpi=40576480

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 14th December 2011 07:30 PM

And here's mine: https://share.livingsocial.com/deals...p&rpi=40586518 ;)

PaulD 14th December 2011 07:32 PM

Might as well post mine too - only one away now:

The Best Daily Deals in National, UK - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2011 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 203672)
There you go, mine should be the third one. :)

If anyone wants to help me out, here's mine. Haha!

https://share.livingsocial.com/deals...p&rpi=40576480

Cheers mate!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 14th December 2011 07:58 PM

Actually, I haven't received an e-mail notification about any more purchases. This is my link: The Best Daily Deals in National, UK - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com

PaulD 14th December 2011 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 203692)
Actually, I haven't received an e-mail notification about any more purchases. This is my link: The Best Daily Deals in National, UK - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com

Same here, and I sat next to one person as they went ahead with buying the deal! Hmm...

pedromonkey 15th December 2011 08:43 PM

amazon are selling these Steelbooks at a relatively low price...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Expendables-...985136&sr=1-13 8.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Flash-Gordon...3985250&sr=1-2 10.69

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Apollo-Disc-...985308&sr=1-52 6.99

DVD Trash 16th December 2011 09:05 PM

Totally shameless I know - but here is my link as well

The Best Daily Deals in Reading - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com

They've got another offer running - about 7 hours to go and I just need 1 more referral!

Cheers!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 16th December 2011 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DVD Trash (Post 204050)
Totally shameless I know - but here is my link as well

The Best Daily Deals in Reading - Ovation Incentives - 20 to Spend on Films, Music, and More at hmv.com

They've got another offer running - about 7 hours to go and I just need 1 more referral!

Cheers!

I bought another, this time using your link. If anyone fancies doing the same for me, my link is:

DVD Trash 16th December 2011 09:58 PM

Cheers Nos! Much appreciated!

Slippery Jack 16th December 2011 10:18 PM

Dammit I should've posted my link too. Seemed pointless, but maybe not. Eh, 20 for a tenner is still a sweet deal :cool: . . .

antmumford 20th December 2011 07:35 AM

In case anyone is interested The Dead and Shaolin are going for about 7 each on play.com at the mo.

I know it seems random to come up with that but they were two on my price tracking list that I've been wanting since release and they're finally under my 10 threshold price

:)