Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

MrBarlow 10th October 2020 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nosferatu42 (Post 637445)
I watched The Survivor earlier this year and thought it was pants, didn't help that i'd just read the book though.
So you're not missing much.:pop2:

I had seen it before, I read the book then saw the film, the film changed things around a bit I thought it was ok , it was to be a gift for Angie as she likes James Herbert and had never seen the film and also a peace offering for the spending I have been doing so just trying to keep one foot out of the grave with her :lol:

Rob4 12th October 2020 06:37 PM

At the time of writing there is a limited time deal on Amazon for They Live bluray at £7.99

J Harker 12th October 2020 11:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob4 (Post 637361)
Classic Films Direct are having a Halloween Sale. Limited number of titles but the prices are pretty good.

https://www.classicfilmsdirect.com/s...-18481-96215-0

For once there is a good number of titles in stock. Pity their pathetic damned website won't actually work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Susan Foreman 13th October 2020 06:33 AM

At time of writing, Amazon UK has got the 9 disc 'Christopher Nolan Collection' for £25.11

Inception - 2 Disc
Run Time: 148 Mins. Approx.
Aspect ratio: 16x9 2.4:1
Audio: Master Audio: English 5.1 Dolby Digital: Castilian Spanish 5.1, English 5.1 Audio Descriptive Service
Subtitles: English, Castilian Spanish, Danish, Finnish, Icelandic, Norwegian, Swedish

Special Features:
  • Extraction mode- Infiltrate the movies imaginative landscape to learn how Christopher Nolan, Leonardo DiCaprio and the cast and crew designed and achieved the films signature moments
  • Dreams: Cinema of the subconscious- Can the dream world be a fully functional parallel reality? Joseph Gordan-Levitt and leading scientists take you to the cutting edge of dream research
  • Inception: the cobol job- comic prologue in full animation and motion: see the events that led to the beginning of the movie
  • 5.1 soundtrack selections from Hans Zimmer's versatile score

Memento - 1 Disc
Run Time: TBC
Aspect ratio: TBC
Audio: TBC
Subtitles: TBC

The Prestige - 1 Disc
Run Time: 130 Mins. Approx.
Aspect ratio: 16x9 2.4:1
Audio: Dolby Digital: English 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1,
English 2.0 Audio Descriptive Service
Subtitles: English, German, French, Castilian Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Norwegian, Danish & Finnish

Special Features:
  • Director's Notebook: The Prestige -The Cinematic Sleight of Hand of Christopher Nolan:
  • 5 Making-of Featurettes
  • The Art of The Prestige: Production Photos, Costumes/Sets, Behind-the-Scenes Photos and Poster
  • Art Galleries
  • Theatrical Trailer

Batman Begins - 1 Disc
Audio: Dolby true HD: English 5.1, Dolby Digital: English 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1
Aspect Ratio: 16X9
Run Time: 140 Mins. Approx.
Subtitles: English, Castilian Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Extra Content:
  • The Dark Knight IMAX Prologue
  • Tankman Begins
  • Batman- the journey begins
  • Shaping Mind and Body
  • Gotham City Rises
  • Cape and Cowl
  • Batman- The Tumbler
  • Path to Discovery
  • Saving Gotham City
  • Genesis of the Bat
  • Reflections on Writing Batman Begins
  • Digital Batman
  • Batman Begins Stunts

The Dark Knight - 2 Discs
Audio: Dolby true HD: English 5.1. Dolby digital: English 5.1, Brazilian portugeuse 5.1, Castilian Spanish 5.1, French 5.1, German 5.1, Italian 5.1, English 2.0, Audio descriptive service.
Aspect Ratio: 16X9
Run Time: 153 Mins. Approx.
Subtitles: English, Brazilian Portuguese, Castilian Spanish, Complex Chinese, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Italian, Korean, Spanish, Norwegian, Portuguese, Swedish

Extra Content:
  • Gotham uncovered
  • Batman tech
  • Batman Unmasked
  • Gotham Tonight
  • The Galleries

The Dark Knight Rises - 2 Discs
Audio: Thai (5.1 DD), Castilian Spanish (5.1 DD), Japanese (5.1 DD), Italian (5.1 DD), German (5.1 DD), French (5.1 DD), English (5.1 ASDA), English (2.0 NF DD), English (5.1 NF DTS-HDMA)
Aspect Ratio: 16X9 FF
Run Time: 164 Mins. Approx.
Subtitles: German, French, Dutch, Chinese complex, Cantonese, Bahasa - Indonesia, German SDH, Italian, Italian SDH, Japanese, Korean, Castilian Spanish, Thai, Dannish, Finnish, Norwegian, Swedish, Icelandic, French, English SDH

Extra Content:
  • The Batmobile- Witness all five Batmobiles together for the first time in history. Dive deep into every aspect of the most awe-inspiring pinnacle of technology as the most awe-inspiring weapon in Birth and evolution of this technological marvel and cultural icon.
  • The Prologue: High-Altitude Hijacking- Production - Ending the Knight- See how Christopher Nolan and his filmmaking team staged the film's high-flying opening sequence
  • Return to the Batcave- Production - Witness the reconstruction of the Batcave with time-lapse photography
  • Beneath Gotham- Director Christopher Nolan and the production designers discuss the design and build of Bane's lair.
  • The Bat Pod - Director Christopher Nolan gives Batman a new mode of transportation in The Dark Knight Rises.
  • Batman vs Bane- The filmmakers and actors reveal how they planned and shot the epic fight sequence between Batman and Bane.
  • Armory Accepted- See how special effects and a miniature unit were used to simulate the demolition drop of the Tumbler through the ceiling
  • Gameday Destruction -The filmmakers describe the production plan that went into executing the jaw-dropping demolition sequence at Gotham Stadium
  • Demolishing a City Street- Learn how a series of practical special effects were used to simulate the complete destruction of a city street
  • The Pit -The filmmakers explain the design and construction of two giant, vertical sets: the underground prison and the well
  • The Chant- Christopher Nolan and Hans Zimmer discuss the creation of the chant that formed the basis of the score's
  • The War on Wall Street- Get a glimpse behind the coordination and production of the epic battle for Gotham City
  • Race to the Reactor - Watch how the filmmakers orchestrated the film's climactic chase sequence with multiple Tumblers and the Batpod
  • The Journey of The Dark Knight- Get insight into story and thematic choices that structured the final chapter of Bruce Wayne's journey as Batman. Supported by interviews with CN, Jonah Nolan, David Goyer
  • Gotham's Reckoning- The filmmakers reflect on their reinvention of Bane and all the elements that went into making him Batman's most lethal and his wardrobe.
  • A Girls Gotta Eat- The filmmakers discuss the challenge of bringing an iconic character to life, detailing the acting choices, fashion, training and her tactical-ego of Catwoman.
  • Shadows & Light in Large Format- Discover the philosophy and methodology of capturing The Dark Knight Rises on the grand canvas of ImaxTM film.
  • The End of A Legend- The filmmakers give their final thoughts on working on The Dark Knight Rises and what it was like to be a part of.
  • Trailer Archive

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 14th October 2020 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 637614)
For once there is a good number of titles in stock. Pity their pathetic damned website won't actually work.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

It's working now JH.....Just bought....

Gwendoline Blu-Ray
The Deadly Bees (Blu-ray)
Attack of the Adult Babies (Blu-Ray)
The Asphyx (Blu-ray)
Baskin (Blu-ray)
The Erotic Rites of Frankenstein (Blu-ray)
I Bought A Vampire Motorcycle (Blu-ray)
The Whip and The Body Blu-ray
Repulsion (Blu-Ray)

All for 49 quid with free p&p! :clap::woot:

gag 14th October 2020 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 637748)

Gwendoline Blu-Ray
The Asphyx (Blu-ray)
Baskin (Blu-ray)
Repulsion (Blu-Ray)

I don’t watch Emmerdale but was amused when I saw who directed attack of the adult babies, it was who plays paddy.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2020 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gag (Post 637751)
I don’t watch Emmerdale but was amused when I saw who directed attack of the adult babies, it was who plays paddy.

I think that's at least his third horror film. The zombie film he made in West Yorkshire was pretty decent. Low budget but decent.

J Harker 14th October 2020 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Reaper Man@Cult Labs (Post 637748)

Gwendoline Blu-Ray

The Asphyx (Blu-ray)

Baskin (Blu-ray)

Repulsion (Blu-Ray)

Nah. Piece of junk website still won't work. Won't let me login to my account. Even when i click forgot password it sends me my password then tells me its wrong. And if i try checking out as a guest with paypal it wants to add £10 on.
Won't even let me make a new account or even send them an email. No matter what i try it tells me i need to enter a valid email address.

Demdike@Cult Labs 14th October 2020 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Harker (Post 637758)
Nah. Piece of junk website still won't work. Won't let me login to my account. Even when i click forgot password it sends me my password then tells me its wrong. And if i try checking out as a guest with paypal it wants to add £10 on.
Won't even let me make a new account or even send them an email. No matter what i try it tells me i need to enter a valid email address.

I've never had any issues with it. Their low stocks always piss me off though as i'm nowhere near getting free postage and don't want to keep having to pay £1.50 postage on separate items over the coming days.

Rob4 15th October 2020 04:34 PM

Does anyone know what's going on with WOWHD? Stacks and stacks of unavailable titles and where there is stock prices have been hiked considerably. I know Covid will be having an impact but I not sure that's the whole answer?