Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2021 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661128)
That edition of Night of the Living Dead is totally worth picking up, as are the others!

I don't really want to spend anything this week in anticipation that Arrow might slash the prices on one or two of their box sets - Phantasm, Years of Lead - next week in the sale.

However i've never seen Criterion releases cheaper than £12.99 so can see me buying NOTLD and Cat People. In fact they are both loitering in my basket at the moment waiting for me to take the plunge.

Justin101 12th October 2021 03:31 PM

Cat People looks pristine it's well worth it, the Arrow Sale will be disappointing.

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2021 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661132)
Cat People looks pristine it's well worth it, the Arrow Sale will be disappointing.

I edited your post Justin because Car People was doing my head in.

Arrow's sales are usually disappointing. Hopefully i'll be able to pick up The Thing though.

That'll be the first Blu-ray i've double dipped on. FFS! Only had a player since April and already i'm double dipping on blu's.

Oh yeah and finally. You twisted my arm and i've ordered Cat People and NOTLD. It didn't take much twisting.

Justin101 12th October 2021 03:38 PM

You won't be disappointed!
I'm typing on my phone so apologies for Car, autocorrect is a bugger.

Justin101 12th October 2021 03:39 PM

Did you buy the Universal blu of The Thing? That was silly lol

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2021 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 661137)
Did you buy the Universal blu of The Thing? That was silly lol

I bought that HMV VHS cased thing a few years ago. It was a dual format so seemed a no brainer with it's poster, sticker and card.

To be honest i did watch it on blu on my old telly in the spring and it looked okay.

That was then though.

MuckyFunster 12th October 2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 660668)
Shameless is also 2 for £15 in HMV

Quite a few of the Shameless Dvds are down to £4 in HMV too. 5 movies for £29 is ideal for a cheapskate like me and I have a few in my basket just now. I was all set to click ‘buy’, but then was watching my old region 1 “Creepshow” dvd and the picture quality is so awful that I’m having 2nd thoughts on the format! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Demdike@Cult Labs 12th October 2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MuckyFunster (Post 661161)
Quite a few of the Shameless Dvds are down to £4 in HMV too. 5 movies for £29 is ideal for a cheapskate like me and I have a few in my basket just now. I was all set to click ‘buy’, but then was watching my old region 1 “Creepshow” dvd and the picture quality is so awful that I’m having 2nd thoughts on the format! Ha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most modern movies / discs will look good on upscaled dvd as long as it's not being watched on a 65" screen or similar, but some of the older ones really don't.

Anchor Bay's Two Evil Eyes and also Halloween II from Sanctuary. They don't look great. I noticed Halloween II in Asda today for £3. It's the same release as the Sanctuary one with the Kim Newman / Stephen Jones commentary and was going to get it as an improvement over the one i currently own, then noticed it was from Scanbox and decided it would be the exact same print as the one i already have.

The two dvd's i watched last night Pumpkinhead Ashes to Ashes and Hell Fest looked really good on a 4K tv.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 13th October 2021 12:22 PM

Nice spot. I've just ordered Cat People and The Blob

Rob4 13th October 2021 12:38 PM

Eureka horror sale
https://eurekavideo.co.uk/promotions/horror-sale/