Cult Labs

Go Back   Cult Labs > Members' Club > Trades & Deals

Like Tree1516Likes

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #2751  
Old 12th October 2021, 03:38 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

You won't be disappointed!
I'm typing on my phone so apologies for Car, autocorrect is a bugger.
__________________


In the middle of Transylvania!

Reply With Quote
  #2752  
Old 12th October 2021, 03:39 PM
Justin101's Avatar
Cult Veteran
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Liverpool
Default

Did you buy the Universal blu of The Thing? That was silly lol
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
__________________


In the middle of Transylvania!

Reply With Quote
  #2753  
Old 12th October 2021, 03:42 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Did you buy the Universal blu of The Thing? That was silly lol
I bought that HMV VHS cased thing a few years ago. It was a dual format so seemed a no brainer with it's poster, sticker and card.

To be honest i did watch it on blu on my old telly in the spring and it looked okay.

That was then though.
Reply With Quote
  #2754  
Old 12th October 2021, 08:27 PM
MuckyFunster's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin101 View Post
Shameless is also 2 for £15 in HMV

Quite a few of the Shameless Dvds are down to £4 in HMV too. 5 movies for £29 is ideal for a cheapskate like me and I have a few in my basket just now. I was all set to click ‘buy’, but then was watching my old region 1 “Creepshow” dvd and the picture quality is so awful that I’m having 2nd thoughts on the format! Ha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
nosferatu42 likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #2755  
Old 12th October 2021, 09:50 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuckyFunster View Post
Quite a few of the Shameless Dvds are down to £4 in HMV too. 5 movies for £29 is ideal for a cheapskate like me and I have a few in my basket just now. I was all set to click ‘buy’, but then was watching my old region 1 “Creepshow” dvd and the picture quality is so awful that I’m having 2nd thoughts on the format! Ha!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Most modern movies / discs will look good on upscaled dvd as long as it's not being watched on a 65" screen or similar, but some of the older ones really don't.

Anchor Bay's Two Evil Eyes and also Halloween II from Sanctuary. They don't look great. I noticed Halloween II in Asda today for £3. It's the same release as the Sanctuary one with the Kim Newman / Stephen Jones commentary and was going to get it as an improvement over the one i currently own, then noticed it was from Scanbox and decided it would be the exact same print as the one i already have.

The two dvd's i watched last night Pumpkinhead Ashes to Ashes and Hell Fest looked really good on a 4K tv.
MrBarlow likes this.
Reply With Quote
  #2756  
Old 13th October 2021, 12:22 PM
Nosferatu@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult Master
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Good Trader
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: The Land of the Prince Bishops
Blog Entries: 3
Default

Nice spot. I've just ordered Cat People and The Blob
Demdike@Cult Labs likes this.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #2757  
Old 13th October 2021, 12:38 PM
Rob4's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Default

Eureka horror sale
https://eurekavideo.co.uk/promotions/horror-sale/
Reply With Quote
  #2758  
Old 13th October 2021, 01:49 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Can anyone recommend The Inner Sanctum Mysteries or 976 Evil?
Reply With Quote
  #2759  
Old 13th October 2021, 02:07 PM
MuckyFunster's Avatar
Cultist on the Rampage
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demdike@Cult Labs View Post
Most modern movies / discs will look good on upscaled dvd as long as it's not being watched on a 65" screen or similar, but some of the older ones really don't.

Anchor Bay's Two Evil Eyes and also Halloween II from Sanctuary. They don't look great. I noticed Halloween II in Asda today for £3. It's the same release as the Sanctuary one with the Kim Newman / Stephen Jones commentary and was going to get it as an improvement over the one i currently own, then noticed it was from Scanbox and decided it would be the exact same print as the one i already have.

The two dvd's i watched last night Pumpkinhead Ashes to Ashes and Hell Fest looked really good on a 4K tv.

My Creepshop disc is this old R1 Warner Bros release. The PQ is so bad. It’s so super dark during the Jordy Verril story that you can barely see the imagine at all.

image-2021-10-13-15:06:31-543.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2760  
Old 13th October 2021, 02:54 PM
Demdike@Cult Labs's Avatar
Cult King
Cult Labs Radio Contributor
Senior Moderator
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Lancashire
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob4 View Post
Just bought Pulse and 976 Evil.

Thanks for the heads up, Rob.
Reply With Quote
Reply  

Like this? Share it using the links below!

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



Our goal is to keep Cult Labs friendly. If you feel discouraged from posting by certain members' behaviour then you can e-mail us in complete confidence.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
All forum posts are contributed by members of the site; Cult Labs cannot take responsibility for all content posted on the site. If you have an issue with content posted on the site please click the 'report post' button.
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.