Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th November 2010 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 113988)
There's still a copy of the Steelbook version in my local HMV. Want me to go check out the price for you? I can always pick it up for you if you'd like it.

After reading what nekro wrote about the DNR, I'm now glad that I didn't pick it up! :eek:

Thank you very much though ant. :)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th November 2010 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 113990)
I feel better about after learning that the deal went in seconds. At one point the BR set was going for as little as £13!:eek:

I find all this Black Friday stuff a little weird as I've only ever experienced it whilst on vacation in the US. After Thanksgiving, the stores are crazy with bargains.

Yeah... these Black Friday deals on Amazon UK seem a bit weak, from what I've seen so far.

Also many things that have apparently 'sold out', are listed again the next day... :loco:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 24th November 2010 12:06 PM

November Blu-Ray offers from Eureka!

wayfarer 24th November 2010 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 114023)
Yeah... these Black Friday deals on Amazon UK seem a bit weak, from what I've seen so far.

Also many things that have apparently 'sold out', are listed again the next day... :loco:

I tried to get Fringe Season 2 on BR for £20, at 1100 today. I clicked the add to cart button, got the "you're in a queue" message, went to a meeting quarter of an hour later and when I returned the offer had expired. Frustrating but I'll look for it again.

the blob 25th November 2010 08:32 PM

I really do need some help! So after grinding my teeth and stopping myself from buying Se7en for £7.99 the other day, I just bought the US digibook on ebay. :rolleyes:

Now listen, there's a reason! The UK slipcase is quite nice but, for a film of it's calibre, I've always hated that boring as shit poster of the two faces. Makes me cringe when i look at it because it's so bland. It was half the reason for me not buying the £7.99 one. Good news is that I got the digibook for less than a tenner inc postage. :lol:

Anyway, to stay remotely on topic, don't forget the Play 2 for £18 deal which still has ANOES in it along with some other good stuff...

Blu-ray - Get 2 Blu-ray Titles For Just £18! - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

bdc 25th November 2010 09:08 PM

Amazon.co.uk: DVD & Blu-ray: Blu-ray Blitz Two Blu-ray Titles for £12

oaxaca 26th November 2010 01:14 PM

Amazon have 2 copies of the BFI-released 'The Innocents' - classic horror film with Deborah Kerr, based on M.R. James' The Turn of the Screw). They are classed as 'used' but apparently have just got their shrink wrap missing. They are sold by 'warehouse deals uk' , but the order is fulfilled by Amazon so free postage!

Amazon.co.uk: Used and New: The Innocents (Blu-ray) [1961]

£10.13! Cheapest I've ever seen it on Blu...I've just ordered myself one of the copies. The picture is meant to be absolutely stunning!

DVD Outsider: The Innocents Blu-ray review

bdc 26th November 2010 01:48 PM

Can be copies returned by people who had trouble with it on their player.
I also returned mine.
Some players have pixellation issues with this disc.

"The Innocents blu Update:
apparently there are pixellation issues with some LG and Phillips and some newer Sony models.
Add JVC XV-BP1."

A firmware update could possibly fix this...

the blob 26th November 2010 07:15 PM

Strangely enough, even though it's only a pre-order, Once Upon A Time In America is now in the Play 2 for £18 deal. £13.99 normal price.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 26th November 2010 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 114354)
Strangely enough, even though it's only a pre-order, Once Upon A Time In America is now in the Play 2 for £18 deal. £13.99 normal price.

I find Play do that a lot with their pre-order titles. I suppose it's their way of outdoing the other big online stores by snagging pre-orders sales.