Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

nekromantik 3rd January 2011 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 119620)
Vengeance Trilogy has gone back up to over $40 now. Glad we got in there! :)

ditto
:woot:

Inspector Tanzi 3rd January 2011 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 119620)
Vengeance Trilogy has gone back up to over $40 now. Glad we got in there! :)

:dance:

brain dead 3rd January 2011 11:00 PM

Got it today. Amazon.ca shipping is great. Shipped a day after my wifes amazon.com order and has arrived at least a day earlier.

kingofwitches666 4th January 2011 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 119620)
Vengeance Trilogy has gone back up to over $40 now. Glad we got in there! :)

Hell yeah! :biggrin:

pedromonkey 5th January 2011 11:54 PM

amazon are selling the Back To The Future Trilogy for 17.99

BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY 17.99 AMAZON.CO.UK

nekromantik 6th January 2011 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 120162)
amazon are selling the Back To The Future Trilogy for 17.99

BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY 17.99 AMAZON.CO.UK

good find :)

doolahrock 7th January 2011 02:48 PM

Zombieland
 
Morrisons are doing this on blu for 7 quid......SOLD! :pop2:

nekromantik 7th January 2011 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 120521)
Morrisons are doing this on blu for 7 quid......SOLD! :pop2:

what for 7?

wayfarer 7th January 2011 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 120521)
Morrisons are doing this on blu for 7 quid......SOLD! :pop2:

Doing what for 7?

Ok, right, you've put it in the subject line. Not helpful lol!

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 7th January 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 120536)
what for 7?

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 120541)
Doing what for 7?

Zombieland (it's his/her post title ;))

wayfarer 7th January 2011 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 120162)
amazon are selling the Back To The Future Trilogy for 17.99

BACK TO THE FUTURE TRILOGY 17.99 AMAZON.CO.UK

Play are too, if you prefer em. Had I seen this first I would have ordered through amazon. Doh!:doh:

nekromantik 7th January 2011 06:13 PM

not very helpful tho ha ha

doolahrock 7th January 2011 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye (Post 120543)
Zombieland (it's his/her post title ;))

Yep, fair play. Should have mentioned the movie outside of the title tag....or should I have.

Anyway, good price for a fun movie. Looks ace in the picture department as well.

antmumford 9th January 2011 09:34 AM

If anyone's interested The Butterfly Effect Trilogy is only 9.95 for this weekend only at The Hut Butterfly Effect Trilogy Blu-ray | TheHut.com

In fact there's quite a lot of great bargains in their Blu-rays for under 10 section http://www.thehut.com/offers/super-s...-under-10.list

wayfarer 10th January 2011 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 120619)
Yep, fair play. Should have mentioned the movie outside of the title tag....or should I have.

Anyway, good price for a fun movie. Looks ace in the picture department as well.

Too right! I watched the BR again recently. A fun film that looks great in the format.:)

antmumford 14th January 2011 07:22 AM

Found some great bargains on Play.com Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

Stuff like Switchblade Romance, Storm Warning, Red Mist all at around 5

Sam 15th January 2011 07:07 PM

Zavvi have also got a load of blu rays for a fiver in their Price Crash promotion:

Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

wongfeihung62 15th January 2011 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 122174)
Zavvi have also got a load of blu rays for a fiver in their Price Crash promotion:

Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Just bought the Stargate SE. Cheers for the HU.

pedromonkey 15th January 2011 08:16 PM

me too, just ordered Stargate...

wayfarer 18th January 2011 01:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up! I'll also be ordering Stargate.:)

antmumford 18th January 2011 05:52 PM

Went to my local Tesco and managed to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blu-rays wrapped up as a double pack for only 12. What a bargain at 6 a film, been after these two for ages.

oaxaca 20th January 2011 03:10 PM

Went into Head today and picked up COMPANY OF WOLVES for 4 brand new! I was ecstatic.... A film I have been interested in watching for ages at a far better price than anything online stores are offering!

They have some other great deals on e.g. HARDWARE for 6. ESCAPE FROM NEW YORK for 5...HARDWARE looked very interesting but I thought I'd come home and research before buying as I know nothing about it except it was made by Richard Stanley, who made DUST DEVILS (starring the fantastic Zakes Mokae)! Has anyone seen / would recommend HARDWARE?

pedromonkey 20th January 2011 03:22 PM

Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too

kingofwitches666 20th January 2011 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 123063)
Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too

I concur. Bought it myself the other week on blu for a fiver. :thumb:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th January 2011 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 123063)
Hardware is a very cool post-apocalyptic Terminator style film with Dylan McDermot that i highly rate, so glad it's finally available too

Love Hardware - personally prefer it to all of the Terminator films.

I have the US Severin Blu, which has the exclusive (and very good) No Flesh Shall Be Spared documentary.

Inspector Tanzi 20th January 2011 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 123061)
Has anyone seen / would recommend HARDWARE?

I thought it was shit.

Here's a funny story for you, Someone I know used to be an assistant director, he asked me once if I had seen Hardware and what did I think of it, I told him I thought it was shit only for him to tell me he was the assistant director on it, I thought "oh shit, what have I said" when he replied that he thought it was a load of shit himself.:happy:

Paul@TheOverlook 20th January 2011 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 123093)
I thought it was shit.

Here's a funny story for you, Someone I know used to be an assistant director, he asked me once if I had seen Hardware and what did I think of it, I told him I thought it was shit only for him to tell me he was the assistant director on it, I thought "oh shit, what have I said" when he replied that he thought it was a load of shit himself.:happy:

If you read the book on Palace Pictures, The Egos Have Landed, there's a brief mention of Hardware and an incident that took place when the production were filming at the then abandoned Roundhouse in Camden -Richard Stanley was really young (early twenties, I think) and quite inexperienced and the AD lost it with him and called him out in front of the entire crew!

For the record, I enjoyed HARDWARE a lot when I first saw it but haven't seen it since it was released on rental VHS exactly 20(!) years ago. I have the Severin Blu-ray but it remains unplayed at the mo...

Gojirosan 20th January 2011 09:22 PM

Same here, I loved it when it first emerged, but haven't seen it since. I don't own it...think I'll watch it again though, my interest has been piqued.

doolahrock 21st January 2011 06:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 122792)
Went to my local Tesco and managed to pick up Shaun of the Dead and Hot Fuzz Blu-rays wrapped up as a double pack for only 12. What a bargain at 6 a film, been after these two for ages.

Just popped on to post this exact same thing :) Went in to try and pick up Aiien Anthology but was out of stock. This was a very nice consolation especially as the cheapest I've seen is around 10 each. Winner.

antmumford 21st January 2011 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 123286)
Just popped on to post this exact same thing :) Went in to try and pick up Aiien Anthology but was out of stock. This was a very nice consolation especially as the cheapest I've seen is around 10 each. Winner.

I know, I'd been umming and arghing for ages whether to get them on the 2 for 25 deal at HMV, then last week they were on the 2 for 20 deal at HMV. Was so close to buying them too, then went and did my weekly shop at Tesco and found them both for 12. Last copy as well so it was one of those special moments that I knew it was for me, it was a sign. :p

doolahrock 21st January 2011 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 123321)
I know, I'd been umming and arghing for ages whether to get them on the 2 for 25 deal at HMV, then last week they were on the 2 for 20 deal at HMV. Was so close to buying them too, then went and did my weekly shop at Tesco and found them both for 12. Last copy as well so it was one of those special moments that I knew it was for me, it was a sign. :p

Last copy for me as well.......do we need to start a club now or something? :)

Sargento 21st January 2011 08:57 PM

Dunno if anyone else spotted this ....

Was in Morrisons tonight and they have Inception triple play for 9.99 and no it wasn't a pricing error.

Bargain!

buggenhagen 22nd January 2011 08:32 AM

Nice tip-off about the Tesco Hot Fuzz/Shaun Of The Dead price guys. Picked one up at the 24h Tesco down in Shettleston this morning - was pretty strange picking up a zombie movie in a deserted superstore at 6.30am with sleepy staff shuffling about! If anyone is interested that branch still had several copies on the shelves.

(I don't usually go shopping at 6.30am on a Saturday by the way - was on the way into a very rare Saturday of work)

buggenhagen 22nd January 2011 08:39 AM

This is definitely a guilty pleasure but I picked up The Skeleton Key on blu from Amazon the other day for the slightly odd price of 7.81. Haven't given the disc a proper whirl yet but it's a completely bare bones release. Will report back on PQ etc when I get a chance.

bdc 22nd January 2011 08:58 AM

Like the Skeleton Key as well...bit of an EC comics vibe. ;)
Interested in your findings on the bd.

Wilson Bros 22nd January 2011 11:26 AM

The Shaun/Hot Fuzz double-pack seems to be a Tesco exclusive, but I could be proved wrong...

Kev W

Inspector Tanzi 22nd January 2011 06:52 PM

Anyone know if IN THE ELECTRIC MIST is any good?

It's 6 in Tesco.

oaxaca 22nd January 2011 07:22 PM

I bought that but sold it a few weeks later.... It was a decent film with a great performance from Tommy Lee Jones (as always!) + fantastic setting in the Louisiana swamps but didn't really get going in terms of plotline, and kind of petered out at the end.... Its an OK film but nothing special and not one I'd watch again. Good price though @ 6

the blob 23rd January 2011 07:48 PM

I Spit On Your Grave original is 7.95 at Zavvi Mega Monday..

I Spit On Your Grave: Collector's Edition (Includes Blu-Ray and DVD Copy) DVD | Zavvi.com

Inspector Tanzi 24th January 2011 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 123773)
I Spit On Your Grave original is 7.95 at Zavvi Mega Monday..

I Spit On Your Grave: Collector's Edition (Includes Blu-Ray and DVD Copy) DVD | Zavvi.com

I wouldn't even pay a couple of quid for it


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:07 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.