Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd May 2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 244188)
I know. I guess they probably wouldn't be able to afford it if they did it in the early evening when more people are online maybe?

Possibly; but if they can't afford it, they shouldn't be doing it at all, imo.

Around lunch time would be good (more people online), although 4pm GMT would be around lunch time for a lot of people in the US, and quitting time for a lot of people in mainland Europe, so maybe they're catering more for the export market with these deals and therefore promoting the label abroad to get more customers.

Slippery Jack 22nd May 2012 10:09 PM

Or maybe just do a sale that's... y'know... like a sale? Enough of these pretend sales says I . . .

the blob 22nd May 2012 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 244190)
Possibly; but if they can't afford it, they shouldn't be doing it at all, imo.

Around lunch time would be good (more people online), although 4pm GMT would be around lunch time for a lot of people in the US, and quitting time for a lot of people in mainland Europe, so maybe they're catering more for the export market with these deals and therefore promoting the label abroad to get more customers.

Although that means it starts at 3pm so 10 am EST, 9am CST and 6am PST so not so good. Also 4pm for a lot of Europe. Strange but I guess a fair few can access from work these days.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 22nd May 2012 10:17 PM

Yeah, I'm personally at a computer more or less all day due to my job, but I know there's been a few grumbles from UK fans regarding missing out on these deals due to the odd timing.

the blob 22nd May 2012 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 244191)
Or maybe just do a sale that's... y'know... like a sale? Enough of these pretend sales says I . . .

I think it's a good idea. Possibly something like Obsession isn't that great a seller so they offload a good percentage in one go, generate funds quickly, don't over devalue it, get people looking at their Facebook and Twitter,new account signups etc.. Serves a few purposes.

Slippery Jack 22nd May 2012 10:21 PM

Even more annoying for people like me who have zero interest in Facebook and Twitter :mmph: flash sales my arse . . .

fuzzymctiger 23rd May 2012 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 244186)
Plus, it seems a really bizarre time to keep doing it (when the majority of people are at work) :crazy:

You think that's bad, in Australia it's about 1am in the morning when they do them. And I've been keeping an eye out for those 2 for a while too!!!
ARGHHHH!! :mmph:

Delirium 23rd May 2012 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 244198)
Even more annoying for people like me who have zero interest in Facebook and Twitter :mmph: flash sales my arse . . .

+ 1. I miss good old email updates, rather than the forcing people to join the social network craze (which is fine for them, but there should be other options too). And no, I don't have an 'anonymous/fake' account either as it defeats the point.

I just rely on the good folk here adding any deals to the threads. Even though I missed this one.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 23rd May 2012 05:28 PM

Latest Eureka Offers.

Refused 23rd May 2012 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 244249)
+ 1. I miss good old email updates, rather than the forcing people to join the social network craze (which is fine for them, but there should be other options too). And no, I don't have an 'anonymous/fake' account either as it defeats the point.

I just rely on the good folk here adding any deals to the threads. Even though I missed this one.

The Arrow offers do go out via an email newsletter too I believe. Although despite signing up twice I've never received one.

Kyle 23rd May 2012 06:03 PM

got these today

http://i74.photobucket.com/albums/i2...9/IMAG0140.jpg

anyone else noticed the see through part of the box on demons and demons 2 is crinkly :sad:

Refused 23rd May 2012 06:04 PM

My Demons wasn't too bad, but Demons 2 was pretty damn crinkly.

zane 25th May 2012 01:30 PM

Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition for approx. 15,25 pounds

https://www.planetaxel.com/product/A...n/057373215043

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 244719)
Apocalypse Now Full Disclosure Edition for approx. 15,25 pounds

https://www.planetaxel.com/product/A...n/057373215043

How does this differ from the British Blu-ray release, if at all?

zane 25th May 2012 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 244810)
How does this differ from the British Blu-ray release, if at all?

I'm not British, so don't ask me :D Comparing the pictures of the set on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com, it seems to me that the postcards of the UK edition are missing here. Maybe someone esle can confirm this.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2012 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 244819)
I'm not British, so don't ask me :D Comparing the pictures of the set on amazon.co.uk and amazon.com, it seems to me that the postcards of the UK edition are missing here. Maybe someone esle can confirm this.

I have the British release (with postcards!) and, if there are hardly any differences, I'll stick with the one I have and not double-dip!

sawyer6 25th May 2012 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 244820)
I have the British release (with postcards!) and, if there are hardly any differences, I'll stick with the one I have and not double-dip!

No need, the british one is superb,why buy another,what more does someone want ?

zane 25th May 2012 06:27 PM

Actually the hint was targeted on people who don't own the movie on Blu-ray at all, I believe all the common 3-Disc-releases are basically the same (the German one being nearly identical to UK edition I think).

fuzzymctiger 25th May 2012 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 244304)
The Arrow offers do go out via an email newsletter too I believe. Although despite signing up twice I've never received one.

I think I've signed up 4 time and never received the BLOODY thing!!!

zane 28th May 2012 04:36 PM

Maniac Cop (Blu-Ray)
Maniac Cop Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Spirits Of The Dead (Blu-Ray)
Spirits Of The Dead Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Both for 5,95 at zaavi.com!!

Kyle 28th May 2012 05:45 PM

cheers zane, just ordered maniac cop

marvinnashsear 28th May 2012 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kyle (Post 245677)
cheers zane, just ordered maniac cop

Yeah, nice one zane. ordered it aswell.

Daemonia 28th May 2012 07:22 PM

Maniac Cop says delivery in 3 weeks. Wow. That's a bit of a wait.

But I ordered one anyway. :D

Slippery Jack 28th May 2012 07:43 PM

Worth a blind buy at that price methinks (yup, never seen it :shocked:). ORDERED . . .

Hugh 28th May 2012 07:51 PM

Ah, go on then.

Ordered.

...and I've never seen it before either. :shocked:

zane 28th May 2012 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 245737)
Maniac Cop says delivery in 3 weeks. Wow. That's a bit of a wait.

For me that's actually a good thing, because it means that my credit card won't be charged that much for the month of May :D

"Spirits Of The Dead" actually interets me more than "Maniac Cop", I've never heard of it, but screenshots and synopsis look incredible.

Slippery Jack 28th May 2012 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 245758)
"Spirits Of The Dead" actually interets me more than "Maniac Cop", I've never heard of it, but screenshots and synopsis look incredibly.

Shit, you're right! Also ordered :clap: . . .

wayfarer 28th May 2012 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 245646)
Maniac Cop (Blu-Ray)

Thanks! I've ordered too:clap:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 29th May 2012 12:02 PM

Lots of cheap Blue Underground titles on Amazon.com at the moment.

doolahrock 29th May 2012 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 245646)
Maniac Cop (Blu-Ray)

Great spot and thanks for sharing. Only downside is that I ended up buying another four films. Swings and roundabouts.

doolahrock 29th May 2012 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 245926)

Any UK import charges to worry about?

Refused 29th May 2012 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doolahrock (Post 246090)
Any UK import charges to worry about?

Anything over £15 (not including postage costs) could be charged. So that's about $23.

zane 29th May 2012 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 245926)

Thanks for sharing. This would be so great If I didn't have to pay about 7,50 Pounds for shipping.

doolahrock 29th May 2012 09:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 246092)
Anything over £15 (not including postage costs) could be charged. So that's about $23.

Excellent. Thanks for the info, much appreciated/

doolahrock 29th May 2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 246107)
Thanks for sharing. This would be so great If I didn't have to pay about 7,50 Pounds for shipping.

Ouch. £7.50!

Be as well picking up them up on the UK Amazon then.

monkeyscreams 29th May 2012 11:05 PM

Thanks!

oaxaca 31st May 2012 08:12 AM

Amazon.com have a Criterion sale of sorts on at the moment with lots of titles at $20.99, which comes to £13.99 + £4.32 p&p thus avoiding customs charges and being a couple of quid cheaper than axel (who's free shipping ends today!) and other places .

Amazon.com: criterion - Blu-ray: Movies & TV

Slippery Jack 31st May 2012 03:35 PM

Today I got Animal Kingdom for £3.99 at That's Entertainment! They also had loads of copies of Kill List going for £2.99 :eek: Yes, both have 'Rental Copy' on the covers, but they appear to be new and have all the same extras . . .

Gojirosan 31st May 2012 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 246457)
Amazon.com have a Criterion sale of sorts on at the moment with lots of titles at $20.99, which comes to £13.99 + £4.32 p&p thus avoiding customs charges and being a couple of quid cheaper than axel (who's free shipping ends today!) and other places .

Amazon.com: criterion - Blu-ray: Movies & TV

WHAT ARE YOU TRYING TO DO TO ME!!!

:lol:

Slippery Jack 31st May 2012 04:16 PM

What's this deal with customs charges? I was about to order a couple of Criterion titles from Axel, but am I gonna get hit with a sneaky charge or something . . . ?