Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

antmumford 31st March 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139952)
It certainly sounds interesting and, going by the synopsis at the IMDb, should be worth a watch.

However, I'd also like to hear from someone who's seen it to know if it's worth 5.99.

Just looked and it's part of a trilogy. All 3 parts are only 5.99 each too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 05:27 PM

I read the bit about the trilogy but didn't check to see if they were available and, if so, how much they cost. Less than 18 for all three seems pretty good as long as the films are good and have lasting value.

Nemesis 31st March 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139952)
It certainly sounds interesting and, going by the synopsis at the IMDb, should be worth a watch.

However, I'd also like to hear from someone who's seen it to know if it's worth 5.99.

I've seen it and got it - it's part of Pasolini's Trilogy of Life. I think it's pretty good - it's divided up into several stories, some are better than others; lots of grotesque situations and figures. The first segment is gross, but pretty funny. But it's a film that the more I rewatch, the less I like it.

The next one is the Canterbury Tales, which is generally regarded as the weakest. I would have agreed with that the first time I watched it; but on several rewatches, I've actually preferred it to the Decameron. Again some stories are better than others. Lots of bawdy humour and flatulence - it also features an appearance by Tom Baker, who shows more than perhaps you would like. Robin Askwith also pops up.

The final is the Arabian Nights - generally regarded as the best, which I totally agree with. I really love this one. If this is going for 5.99, I would advise getting this one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 05:31 PM

Thanks for the description of the trilogy -- looks like a trip to Play.com is in order!

tollickd 1st April 2011 05:48 AM

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery April Fools day special deals

Paul@TheOverlook 1st April 2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139965)
Thanks for the description of the trilogy -- looks like a trip to Play.com is in order!

They're great films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antmumford 1st April 2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 140066)

Nice find, I just picked up the Terminator Salvation T-600 Skull for only 22.99. Result! I almost bought it when it first came out for about 70 or something.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 08:23 AM

I picked up half a dozen things and was tempted by Se7en, but then realised they jacked up the price by 1 to put it in the sale -- it was 7.99 previously and is still that price at Amazon!

tollickd 1st April 2011 08:40 AM

Yeah I saw that I was looking at Greezone SB but waited and got it for 8.99 euros.

oaxaca 1st April 2011 10:07 AM

Just saw BRIGHTON ROCK in the play april fools sale for 8 but then found it was 50p cheaper brand new from an Amazon Marketplace merchant so bought that one instead :p