Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

antmumford 31st March 2011 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139952)
It certainly sounds interesting and, going by the synopsis at the IMDb, should be worth a watch.

However, I'd also like to hear from someone who's seen it to know if it's worth £5.99.

Just looked and it's part of a trilogy. All 3 parts are only £5.99 each too.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 05:27 PM

I read the bit about the trilogy but didn't check to see if they were available and, if so, how much they cost. Less than £18 for all three seems pretty good as long as the films are good and have lasting value.

Nemesis 31st March 2011 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139952)
It certainly sounds interesting and, going by the synopsis at the IMDb, should be worth a watch.

However, I'd also like to hear from someone who's seen it to know if it's worth £5.99.

I've seen it and got it - it's part of Pasolini's Trilogy of Life. I think it's pretty good - it's divided up into several stories, some are better than others; lots of grotesque situations and figures. The first segment is gross, but pretty funny. But it's a film that the more I rewatch, the less I like it.

The next one is the Canterbury Tales, which is generally regarded as the weakest. I would have agreed with that the first time I watched it; but on several rewatches, I've actually preferred it to the Decameron. Again some stories are better than others. Lots of bawdy humour and flatulence - it also features an appearance by Tom Baker, who shows more than perhaps you would like. Robin Askwith also pops up.

The final is the Arabian Nights - generally regarded as the best, which I totally agree with. I really love this one. If this is going for £5.99, I would advise getting this one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st March 2011 05:31 PM

Thanks for the description of the trilogy -- looks like a trip to Play.com is in order!

tollickd 1st April 2011 05:48 AM

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery April Fools day special deals

Paul@TheOverlook 1st April 2011 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 139965)
Thanks for the description of the trilogy -- looks like a trip to Play.com is in order!

They're great films.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

antmumford 1st April 2011 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 140066)

Nice find, I just picked up the Terminator Salvation T-600 Skull for only £22.99. Result! I almost bought it when it first came out for about £70 or something.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st April 2011 08:23 AM

I picked up half a dozen things and was tempted by Se7en, but then realised they jacked up the price by £1 to put it in the sale -- it was £7.99 previously and is still that price at Amazon!

tollickd 1st April 2011 08:40 AM

Yeah I saw that I was looking at Greezone SB but waited and got it for 8.99 euros.

oaxaca 1st April 2011 10:07 AM

Just saw BRIGHTON ROCK in the play april fools sale for £8 but then found it was 50p cheaper brand new from an Amazon Marketplace merchant so bought that one instead :p