Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

fuzzymctiger 21st August 2012 10:17 PM

Dammit!! You guys bought all the Blade Runners! Now there's none left

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd August 2012 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 267643)
Dammit!! You guys bought all the Blade Runners! Now there's none left

Amazon sometimes say that when a release date is a while away, so it might be worth signing up to be notified so you can pre-order it when it becomes available again.

I'm not sure why the link Baseball Fury put up takes you to the home page, so I'll try this – Blade Runner: The Final Cut [Blu-ray]: Amazon.ca: DVD

fuzzymctiger 22nd August 2012 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 267667)
Amazon sometimes say that when a release date is a while away, so it might be worth signing up to be notified so you can pre-order it when it becomes available again.

I'm not sure why the link Baseball Fury put up takes you to the home page, so I'll try this – Blade Runner: The Final Cut [Blu-ray]: Amazon.ca: DVD

It was more the amazing price I was after. Its still avalible on the Us Amazon.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 22nd August 2012 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 267668)
It was more the amazing price I was after. Its still avalible on the Us Amazon.

The pre-order option has probably disappeared because of the amazing price!

Justin101 22nd August 2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 267607)
Resident Evil 1-4 pre-order for £10.99 at Sainsbury's
https://www.sainsburysentertainment....duct=E11121659

Thanks! But No Thanks! :lalala:

Rik 22nd August 2012 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Justin101 (Post 267676)
Thanks! But No Thanks! :lalala:

I've only seen the first one and only for the second time last night, not a great film but I know some members like them

Baseball Fury 22nd August 2012 10:54 AM

There's a stupidly low priced Hitchcock boxset on The Hive, I was hoping utter would go under the radar and get honoured (which is why I never mentioned it!) but some c*nt has stuck it on Hotukdeal meaning all the dickheads will try and order 25 copies and ruin it. Booooooooo!

darthelvis 22nd August 2012 11:03 AM

Yeah I ordered one earlier and hope it gets honoured and unlikely.

Justin101 22nd August 2012 11:10 AM

"Product not found"

Bastardos - £13 though for £100 set lol, there was no way that was getting honoured!!

Delirium 22nd August 2012 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 267690)
Yeah I ordered one earlier and hope it gets honoured and unlikely.

Why not mention it to a small community like us? Not everyone looks at HUK. I know I like to rely on updates here, which are at least more focussed and genre based.

Baseball Fury 22nd August 2012 07:32 PM

Honestly? Because the less people that knew about it, the more likely I was to get it. Call me selfish, but that's the truth. As soon as it went on HUK I knew the game was up!

doolahrock 27th August 2012 05:11 PM

Possibly a bit left field but I'm in France just now and FNAC have a nice deal of special editions - 1 blu-ray collector = 20

Not sure what the shipping would be to Britain although I have ordered from them before. Picked up Exorcist, Black Swan and Blade Runner. Really nice digibook editions mostly exclusive to FNAC. Fair enough, the text is French but there are some fabulous glossy production stills in the digi book blurb.

If you like something a bit different.....

Oh, and I'm deffo buying Jaws out here as well. A touch cheaper than home and the French title is beyond genius - Teeth of the Sea :)

Nemesis 28th August 2012 06:46 PM

Even though it's the cut version, Death Wish 2 blu is currently going for 8$ on Amazon US right now.

Rik 6th September 2012 11:13 AM

Arrow Battle Royale 3 disc set is only £9.99 from Play.com until midnight
Play.com - Buy Battle Royale (3 Discs) (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Roughale 6th September 2012 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 271232)

It seems Play has taken back this offer, they raised the price again, but the zavvi outlet seller has it for only a little bit more (cannot say exactly, as I have set the price display to Euro and I am incurably lazy ;))

Rik 6th September 2012 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 271239)
It seems Play has taken back this offer, they raised the price again, but the zavvi outlet seller has it for only a little bit more (cannot say exactly, as I have set the price display to Euro and I am incurably lazy ;))

I've just checked, it is still £9.99. I should have mentioned it's being sold through the Zavvi outlet on Play.com.

BAKA 7th September 2012 01:02 PM

HMV are keeping up the fine tradition of having 88 Films' releases up for pre-order for stupidly cheap prices! If only their service hadn't taken a hit when they changed locations.

PuppetMaster 2 - £8.00
PuppetMaster 3 - £8.00
Subspecies - £8.00

Stephen@Cult Labs 7th September 2012 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 271512)
HMV are keeping up the fine tradition of having 88 Films' releases up for pre-order for stupidly cheap prices! If only their service hadn't taken a hit when they changed locations.

PuppetMaster 2 - £8.00
PuppetMaster 3 - £8.00
Subspecies - £8.00

Exactly. I'd rather pay a couple of pounds more and get them quicker from somewhere else. Hell, even play.com are faster now!

Hawkmonger 7th September 2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

PuppetMaster 2 - £8.00
PuppetMaster 3 - £8.00
Subspecies - £8.00

They have been amazing for my recent pre-orders. Puppet Master, Hunger Games, Arrow Troma titles, and DW The Krotons all arrived two day's before they hit the shelve's. I'll put my pre-orders in there for now, don't mind waiting a few more day's and save me some cash.

Refused 7th September 2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

PuppetMaster 2 - £8.00
PuppetMaster 3 - £8.00
Subspecies - £8.00

Castle Freak is £8 too. Just ordered all four.

BAKA 7th September 2012 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 271514)
Exactly. I'd rather pay a couple of pounds more and get them quicker from somewhere else. Hell, even play.com are faster now!

I seem to have no luck with Play, the last thing I ordered arrived on the Wednesday following release. It's bewildering, I can get things shipped from the US faster than I can from Play.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkmonger (Post 271583)
They have been amazing for my recent pre-orders. Puppet Master, Hunger Games, Arrow Troma titles, and DW The Krotons all arrived two day's before they hit the shelve's. I'll put my pre-orders in there for now, don't mind waiting a few more day's and save me some cash.

They're hit and miss with me, some things arrive before release, some on release, but sadly some arrive after release, one a whole week after release too. :( I'll still keep using them for a while, but between the location move and the switch to TNT they've lost a fair bit of custom from me already. Where once I'd even be happy to pay a couple of pound more than other retailers, now I'm not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Refused (Post 271624)
Castle Freak is £8 too. Just ordered all four.

Cheers, I hadn't spotted that. I'll have to lay a pre-order down for that too.

oaxaca 7th September 2012 09:39 PM

Amazon have reduced Arrow's ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS steelbook to £14!! Grab one while its cheap :D

Rik 7th September 2012 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 271773)
Amazon have reduced Arrow's ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS steelbook to £14!! Grab one while its cheap :D

Good spot, that must've just gone on because I checked earlier today. :clap::clap:

Sam 7th September 2012 10:27 PM

Quote:

Good man, just ordered! :)

Stephen@Cult Labs 8th September 2012 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 271799)
Good man, just ordered! :)

Hmmmm how does this work? I ordered it ages ago at the higher price (£20.99). My order history now says £14, if It goes back up before release date, say to £17, what fecking price will I actually pay?

If someone orders it at £14 and then the price goes up, they get it for 14, while others pay the higher price? If so, that's shit.

Refused 8th September 2012 07:00 AM

Pretty sure you pay the lowest price.
Wish Lady Snowblood was the same price.

Daemonia 8th September 2012 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 271867)
Hmmmm how does this work? I ordered it ages ago at the higher price (£20.99). My order history now says £14, if It goes back up before release date, say to £17, what fecking price will I actually pay?

If someone orders it at £14 and then the price goes up, they get it for 14, while others pay the higher price? If so, that's shit.

Even if the price goes up again, your pre-order will remain priced at £14, unless it goes lower again. If you've pre-ordered you'll definitely not be paying more than £14.

Mojo 13th September 2012 05:09 PM

Network have the new Blu-ray Sweeney series 1 for £27.

- Network DVD

sawyer6 19th September 2012 10:58 AM

Demons/Demons 2 steelbook 15 pounds Play.com - Buy Demons & Demons 2: Limited Edition Steelbook (2 Discs) (Blu-ray) online at Play.com and read reviews. Free delivery to UK and Europe!

Prince_Vajda 19th September 2012 12:11 PM

Quote:

I already own Blue Underground's Blu-ray, and I've also Arrow's Limited Edition with the Slipcase on pre-order... but, damn, am I tempted or what... :pout:

Greetings!

pedromonkey 19th September 2012 02:26 PM

Zavvi have a sale on at the moment, they're selling blu-ray boxsets quite cheap.
I found the Jurassic Park trilogy with the statue of the T-Rex for £19.95

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy: Limited Collector's Edition (T-Rex Model, Blu-Ray, Digital Copies) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

sawyer6 19th September 2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 274335)
Zavvi have a sale on at the moment, they're selling blu-ray boxsets quite cheap.
I found the Jurassic Park trilogy with the statue of the T-Rex for £19.95

Jurassic Park Ultimate Trilogy: Limited Collector's Edition (T-Rex Model, Blu-Ray, Digital Copies) Blu-ray | Zavvi.com

Yeah I found it too,extremely cheap

Roughale 19th September 2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Prince_Vajda (Post 274322)
I already own Blue Underground's Blu-ray, and I've also Arrow's Limited Edition with the Slipcase on pre-order... but, damn, am I tempted or what... :pout:

Greetings!

That is good news as my preorder will be profitting from that price drop too! And so? I also have the BU release, that is not a good reqason to skip this excellent release! :woot:

Sobral 19th September 2012 03:46 PM

Thanks for that, just ordered it, even though it's through ZavviOutlet with a feedback of 81%, let's see...

Rik 19th September 2012 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 274351)
Thanks for that, just ordered it, even though it's through ZavviOutlet with a feedback of 81%, let's see...

I ordered the Total Recall triple play that was in one of Plays deals the other week, that was from the Zavvi outlet and it came well packaged and fairly quick too

sawyer6 19th September 2012 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sobral (Post 274351)

Probably because it takes ages for their parcels to arrive,better late than never

BAKA 22nd September 2012 03:10 PM

Halloween 4 and 5 have been reduced at HMV to £6 each! They have a pre-order price promise, so it should drop when they ship it, but to be safe I re-ordered.

Not a Blu-ray, but Second Sights DVD of the superb crowd-funded Absentia is £5 at Asda, both in store and online.

Stephen@Cult Labs 22nd September 2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 274933)
Halloween 4 and 5 have been reduced at HMV to £6 each! They have a pre-order price promise, so it should drop when they ship it, but to be safe I re-ordered.

Not a Blu-ray, but Second Sights DVD of the superb crowd-funded Absentia is £5 at Asda, both in store and online.

I'm nitpicking now with the UK Halloween covers, but they're called Halloween 4 and Halloween 5, not Halloween IV and Halloween V. grrrrrrrrrrr

sawyer6 23rd September 2012 12:11 PM

Demons/Demons 2 steelbook even cheaper,13 pounds at Zavvi's Mega Monday

Daemonia 23rd September 2012 03:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sawyer6 (Post 275125)
Demons/Demons 2 steelbook even cheaper,13 pounds at Zavvi's Mega Monday

Ordered. Good spot and cheers for the heads up. :nod: