Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Daemonia 25th April 2011 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leman (Post 143852)
I know this is not exactly the right place but I thought The Last Exorcism was completely over-shadowed and kind of destroyed by its ending.

That's exactly how I felt about it. Personally, I think it shoud've ended just shy of the silly finale. It would have left it ambiguous and open to interpretation. That ending almost seemed tacked on as a last minute thought, just to tie things up. Up until that point, it was an interesting take on religion as a commodity and preachers as sales people and caught in between are the 'believers' who fall for it all. I found it intriguing and thought-provoking. Then the ending ruined it all.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2011 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 145771)
That's exactly how I felt about it. Personally, I think it shoud've ended just shy of the silly finale. It would have left it ambiguous and open to interpretation. That ending almost seemed tacked on as a last minute thought, just to tie things up. Up until that point, it was an interesting take on religion as a commodity and preachers as sales people and caught in between are the 'believers' who fall for it all. I found it intriguing and thought-provoking. Then the ending ruined it all.

My thoughts exactly and I can't help but think Eli Roth was behind the extra 10 minutes or so that completely ruined all the good work that had come before. If anyone does watch it, keep your eye on the clock and, when Cotton and the film crew are driving away, press 'stop'!

wayfarer 25th April 2011 10:36 AM

South Park Blu-Rays still at 1.99 each. I've given it a go. Let's all see what happens:lol:

They're in the best selling chart at that price. I'm surprised no-one from the company has noticed.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th April 2011 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 145817)
South Park Blu-Rays still at 1.99 each. I've given it a go. Let's all see what happens:lol:

They're in the best selling chart at that price. I'm surprised no-one from the company has noticed.

It must be to do with the bank holiday as my order hasn't been shipped yet and they have been at that price for about three days now so maybe everyone is on holiday and they've just left a couple of guys from a temp agency in charge of the whole website!

dream demon 26th April 2011 06:43 AM

Zavvi have the Terminator: Salvation T-600 'head' edition for 22.95 in their Mega Weekend sale if anyone is looking for one.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 145999)
Zavvi have the Terminator: Salvation T-600 'head' edition for 22.95 in their Mega Weekend sale if anyone is looking for one.

I would order it, but I bought one from Play.com at the beginning of the month, was shipped on the 4th, and still hasn't arrived. Now it's been over 21 days, I'm going to contact them and tell them the courier company they use are crap.

wayfarer 26th April 2011 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 145819)
It must be to do with the bank holiday as my order hasn't been shipped yet and they have been at that price for about three days now so maybe everyone is on holiday and they've just left a couple of guys from a temp agency in charge of the whole website!

What's the betting that they tell us that they've "run out of stock";)

PaulD 26th April 2011 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 146029)
What's the betting that they tell us that they've "run out of stock";)

Season 12's back up to 39.99, 13's still at 1.99. Both have a despatch date of 3-6 days according to the site.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 26th April 2011 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 146029)
What's the betting that they tell us that they've "run out of stock";)

It will either be that or they will cancel the orders because it was clearly a misprice. If they honour the orders, then great but, if they cancel them, I won't lose any sleep. It was something I bought more in hope than expectation.

doolahrock 26th April 2011 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 145511)
its been at that price since yesterday apparently
I bought em too and plan to sell em :lol:


Can't say the thought hadn't crossed my mind :)


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:36 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2
Copyright © 2014 Cult Laboratories Ltd. All rights reserved.