Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

nekromantik 27th April 2011 11:41 AM

HMV have cancelled orders for south park as guessed! ha ha

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2011 12:08 PM

I've just had the e-mails through as well. I expected them to cancel the orders as they would really be out of pocket if they honoured them all!

wayfarer 27th April 2011 12:13 PM

I got two emails with the same script but both refer to "previous correspondence" that I haven't received :rolleyes:

Quote:

We're getting in touch to let you know that all or part of your recent order from hmv.com has been cancelled, as per our previous correspondence:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2011 12:17 PM

I wondered what the 'previous correspondence' it meant, but I guess it refers to the order confirmation with the slightly odd price. I could get on my high horse and demand to know what he means by 'previous correspondence', but it's not going to get me anywhere so I'm not going to bother.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 27th April 2011 12:20 PM

HMV clearly like to put the cart before the horse as I received the cancellation e-mail and then the previous correspondence:
Dear hmv Customer

We are writing to you in relation to your order for the following item:

Quote:

Cat No: BSP2096
Artist: TV COMEDY ANIMATED
Title: SOUTH PARK SEASON 12
Format: BLU BLU-RAY DISC

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that the item appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99. We will not therefore process your order.

The terms and conditions governing our online sales state that your order is only accepted, and a contract between us formed, when hmv receives payment for the goods you have ordered. hmv has not yet taken payment for the goods listed above, nor taken the final step of confirming the shipment of your order to you by email (please see point b. in the section entitled ‘The Contract Between US’ on the first page of our Terms and Conditions). We are therefore under no legal obligation to sell the item to you at the incorrect price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error. We don’t like having to take this course of action, and apologise that we have had to do so in this instance.

If you would still like to order the item at the retail price of £39.99, you may do so via the hmv website.

Kind Regards

Online Customer Service Team
Buy Music CDs, DVDs, Games, Consoles, Blu Ray, MP3s & More - hmv.com - Free Delivery

robertzombie 27th April 2011 12:22 PM

I received the previous correspondence AFTER the emails referring to the previous correspondence! It explains why they've cancelled:

Quote:

Originally Posted by HMV
Dear hmv Customer

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that the item appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99 (:lol:). We will not therefore process your order.

The terms and conditions governing our online sales state that your order is only accepted, and a contract between us formed, when hmv receives payment for the goods you have ordered. hmv has not yet taken payment for the goods listed above, nor taken the final step of confirming the shipment of your order to you by email (please see point b. in the section entitled ‘The Contract Between US’ on the first page of our Terms and Conditions). We are therefore under no legal obligation to sell the item to you at the incorrect price.

Please accept our sincere apologies for this error. We don’t like having to take this course of action, and apologise that we have had to do so in this instance.

If you would still like to order the item at the retail price of £39.99, you may do so via the hmv website (:pound:).

Kind Regards

Buy Music CDs, DVDs, Games, Consoles, Blu Ray, MP3s & More - hmv.com - Free Delivery

darthelvis 27th April 2011 12:39 PM

HMV have Terminator Salvation Directors Cut HMV exclusive cover for only £5.99.

Terminator 4: Salvation: Directors Cut: Hmv Exclusive (2009): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

wayfarer 27th April 2011 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 146315)
HMV have Terminator Salvation Directors Cut HMV exclusive cover for only £5.99.

Terminator 4: Salvation: Directors Cut: Hmv Exclusive (2009): BLU-RAY: hmv.com

That's a good price. I've also now received the HMV email.

PaulD 27th April 2011 04:33 PM

Quote:

Dear hmv Customer

We are very sorry, but it has come to our attention that the item appeared on our website with the incorrect price of £1.99, instead of £39.99. We will not therefore process your order.

If you would still like to order the item at the retail price of £39.99, you may do so via the hmv website.

Kind Regards

Hmm..that's that then I guess.

pedromonkey 27th April 2011 04:52 PM

i got it too, not too bothered as i already own them on dvd...worth a go though....