Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Delirium 22nd December 2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 304739)
Is anyone else a little disappointed when a new post appears on this thread and it's not a link to a cool bargain but just random chat :lol: . . . ?

Yeah, I hear ya. And am doing it now, hence people getting the update just for me typing this...

Just a thought, but I've seen other forums use a 'no chat' policy on some topics, so people can subscribe and not get updates when it's just idle chit-chat, but only when someone points out a deal.

Something to consider? Often people have two threads going where appropriate - e.g. 'Blu-Ray Bargains - NO CHAT' and 'Blu-Ray bargains discussion thread'.

I dunno.. I wonder what others think. It would only make a difference to those who subscribe anyway!

Slippery Jack 22nd December 2012 10:43 PM

haha, nah that sounds like too much hassle! Banning chat sounds a little 1984 for me :lol: - It's a level of minor disappointment I can live with :nod:...

darthelvis 22nd December 2012 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanmetal (Post 304829)
How much was the Hitchcock set?

I think it was £62.

Delirium 23rd December 2012 05:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slippery Jack (Post 304950)
haha, nah that sounds like too much hassle! Banning chat sounds a little 1984 for me :lol: - It's a level of minor disappointment I can live with :nod:...

I didn't suggest banning chat if you actually read my comment, I suggested creating a dedicated chat thread along with the bargain one - but why let facts get in the way of good old fashioned flippancy.

Still, I figured the idea would be dismissed... so carry on.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd December 2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 304975)
I didn't suggest banning chat if you actually read my comment, I suggested creating a dedicated chat thread along with the bargain one - but why let facts get in the way of good old fashioned flippancy.

Still, I figured the idea would be dismissed... so carry on.

It's not a bad idea actually – certainly one worth consideration.

zane 23rd December 2012 06:06 PM

Sorry if mentioned earlier but 3 Disc Set of The Sound Of Music is only 9,99 dollars at amazon.com.

Slippery Jack 23rd December 2012 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 304975)
but why let facts get in the way of good old fashioned flippancy.

I'm all about good old fashioned flippancy :woot: I find it hard to take internet chat in general too seriously . . .

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 23rd December 2012 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 305142)
Sorry if mentioned earlier but 3 Disc Set of The Sound Of Music is only 9,99 dollars at amazon.com.

Thanks for that – ordered.

Amazon.com: The Sound of Music (Three-Disc 45th Anniversary Blu-ray/DVD Combo in Blu-ray Packaging): Christopher Plummer, Julie Andrews, Eleanor Parker, Peggy Wood, Charmian Carr: Movies & TV

wongfeihung62 23rd December 2012 08:48 PM

Some cheap region free copies of this still on Amazon.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g7...ps9a146812.jpg

nekromantik 23rd December 2012 10:14 PM

Anyone who still dont have a copy, the 3 disc set of Prometheus is now £10 on amazon uk!
The Furious Gods doc is worth this much alone! So even if you dont own a 3D tv, get it as it includes the 2D movie and the extras disc.

Slippery Jack 23rd December 2012 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 305244)
Anyone who still dont have a copy

I never will :tongue1: . . .

the blob 23rd December 2012 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 305244)
Anyone who still dont have a copy, the 3 disc set of Prometheus is now £10 on amazon uk!
The Furious Gods doc is worth this much alone! So even if you dont own a 3D tv, get it as it includes the 2D movie and the extras disc.

That's the 2D for £10. Bought that a couple of days ago as I only want to see the film. The 3-disc is still £20.

PaulD 23rd December 2012 10:31 PM

I bought the 3 disc BD for £20 and eBayed the 3d disc on its own for £15. Good ol' economics.

nekromantik 23rd December 2012 10:47 PM

Oops sorry guys ha ha!

zane 24th December 2012 10:00 AM

Mean Streets is only 5 Dollars (!) on amazon.com. I would still advise you to get the French BD, but at this price, you may want to double dip.

Amazon.com: Mean Streets [Blu-ray]: Robert De Niro, Harvey Keitel, David Proval, Amy Robinson, Richard Romanus, Cesare Danova, Martin Scorsese: Movies & TV

nekromantik 24th December 2012 11:06 AM

Original Superman collection 8 disc set is currently £13 on Sainsburys.
Lowest its ever been.

Daemonia 24th December 2012 12:24 PM

Back to the Future Trilogy Blu is only £8 on Amazon UK at the moment. :)

Slippery Jack 25th December 2012 06:00 PM

Tinker Tailor Steelbook £5.95 at Zavvi. I know a lot of folk here think they don't like it, but they are mistaken. It's ace :nod: . . .

zane 26th December 2012 12:29 PM

Black Christmas is only 6,49 on amazon.com now. Ordered it together with Mean Streets for 4,99 and the Hellraiser 4-Pack at 9,49.

Nostalgic 26th December 2012 04:01 PM

Jaws Blu Ray £10
LOTR Theatrical Trilogy Blu Ray £10

sainsburys!

dream demon 28th December 2012 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 303379)
All these Eureka Limited Edition steelbooks are going for £9.99 on amazon at the min. Not sure how long it'll last...

Amazon.co.uk: limited edition - eureka / £5 - £10: Film & TV

My copy of The Lost Weekend turned up today and ... it's a re-seal. All scratched and scuffed and everything. Basically a used copy. Oh, Amazon. :rolleyes: Hope everyone else had better luck. :)

*EDIT*

Just double-checked my order and it was only 'dispatched by Amazon' - the actual seller was some outfit called bestmediagroup. Reckon they must have just got a load of returns on the cheap hence the low prices. Getting really p:censored:ed off with this now, been getting a lot of scratched up or re-surfaced and re-sealed items being flogged as 'new' from Amazon lately. :mmph:

VicDakin 28th December 2012 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 306463)
My copy of The Lost Weekend turned up today and ... it's a re-seal. All scratched and scuffed and everything. Basically a used copy. Oh, Amazon. :rolleyes: Hope everyone else had better luck. :)

oh dear sorry to hear that,I got Two-Lane Blacktop Steelbook last week and it was all good and new,never heard of Amazon re-using 2nd hand stock before?

the blob 28th December 2012 09:46 AM

It's not Amazon selling them though, just fulfilled by them after it's been stored there.

I've had three come through. Two were new/sealed but Island Of Lost Souls was open and in a ripped polybag. Luckily it was mint. I was going off these bloody things too and wasn't going to bother with steelbooks but the fact these were cheaper than the standard meant it had to be done!

PaulD 28th December 2012 11:09 AM

Ah crap. Mine are still seed. Will have to check them out soon

zane 28th December 2012 11:16 AM

I received my Island Of Lost Souls steelbook on monday - also offered by bestmediagroup and shipped by amazon - and it's definetely a brand-new copy, the booklet and discs are in a perfect condition and there are no scratches etc on the steelbook itself at all.

the blob 28th December 2012 11:36 AM

My IOLS was definitely new but maybe a return or the seal was damaged. You could tell that the data card had never been taken off the front or back.

BAKA 28th December 2012 01:08 PM

I believe the seller is actually Eureka. I've ordered a few things from them now (only 1 Steelbook though), and they've all turned up new. I doubt you'll have any problem getting a replacement if they're as efficient as their own store.

the blob 28th December 2012 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 306555)
I believe the seller is actually Eureka. I've ordered a few things from them now (only 1 Steelbook though), and they've all turned up new. I doubt you'll have any problem getting a replacement if they're as efficient as their own store.

I had my suspicions that it might be them or maybe their distributor as it said direct from the source or something like that.

Sobral 28th December 2012 04:58 PM

Oh sh**... I'm waiting for 3 steebooks from them (Island, Two-Lane & Silent Running), hope I don't have to return any...

Edgeworth 28th December 2012 07:29 PM

I've had 5 out of the 8 I ordered and they've all been new/mint.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 28th December 2012 07:49 PM

I'm not sure whether this qualifies as a bargain, but I've just ordered Heroes: the Complete Series 1-4 from Zavvi (using the voucher code SALE10 for an extra 10% off) for £26.96)

fuzzymctiger 2nd January 2013 12:14 AM

ImportCDs have an amazing sale on at the moment with Troma, Full Moon, Synapse, Shout & Scream Factory titles and more.

the blob 2nd January 2013 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fuzzymctiger (Post 307824)
ImportCDs have an amazing sale on at the moment with Troma, Full Moon, Synapse, Shout & Scream Factory titles and more.

Probably a lot better for you than us with our crappy customs limit! Would still have to individually order them to be safe here.

Refused 2nd January 2013 08:44 AM

I've not had any customs declarations on stuff I've ordered from Importcds - then again I don't think I've ordered over the customs limit.

nekromantik 2nd January 2013 10:36 AM

My copy of IOLS is back at Worthing so wont get to check it until Friday.
I did notice it was a third party seller but if we do get a re-sealed item Amazon will refund us as its not as described.

PaulD 2nd January 2013 10:40 AM

My three steelbooks were all fine inciDENTally.

Sobral 2nd January 2013 02:03 PM

Also got my three steelbooks today and though I suspect some may have been re-packaged all are mint, so no problem for me.

BAKA 7th January 2013 11:37 AM

Play.com's clearance sale has suddenly turned amazing. Lots of Eureka, BFI, AE stuff very cheap. Certainly the cheapest prices I've seen for the likes of Sunrise, City Girl, Late Spring, Equinox Flower, Shadows, Faces, etc.

oaxaca 7th January 2013 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BAKA (Post 309717)
Play.com's clearance sale has suddenly turned amazing. Lots of Eureka, BFI, AE stuff very cheap. Certainly the cheapest prices I've seen for the likes of Sunrise, City Girl, Late Spring, Equinox Flower, Shadows, Faces, etc.

£10.39 for CITY GIRL & £10.19 for SUNRISE are reasonable prices but I was hoping for around the £6 mark when you said their prices had turned amazing lol

BAKA 7th January 2013 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 309724)
£10.39 for CITY GIRL & £10.19 for SUNRISE are reasonable prices but I was hoping for around the £6 mark when you said their prices had turned amazing lol

There was only 300 or so titles the other day, and not a single title I was interested in. Now there 1,600+ in total and at least 8 which I'm struggling to whittle down. It's gone from meh to amazing for me at least :tongue1:.