Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Undergrowth 17th January 2013 01:05 PM

Inception is £4.99 on Play today. Deal of the day, which is on the banner on the front page. Probably worth having a look every day.

PaulD 18th January 2013 02:22 PM

For anyone who doesn't already have it the Lord of the Rings extended trilogy bluray is £29.99 on Play from a third party seller

zane 23rd January 2013 07:52 PM

Puppet Master 3 - 6,75 Pounds

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Puppetmaster...8974038&sr=1-2

Daemonia 24th January 2013 12:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zane (Post 315724)

I know, I bought it last week. :D

Delirium 24th January 2013 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 315811)
I know, I bought it last week. :D

Difference being, Zane had the good grace to share the bargain.

Baseball Fury 24th January 2013 10:17 AM

Blockbuster are doing 20% off their pre-owned stuff if you buy more than one, I picked up Rock of Ages and Super 8 for £8 total.

Daemonia 24th January 2013 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delirium (Post 315816)
Difference being, Zane had the good grace to share the bargain.

Admittedly, an oversight on my part, but I ordered it late at night and it slipped my mind by the next morning.

Anyway, Blade on BD for £6 from Sainsburys.

Buy Blade (1998) on Blu Ray - Sainsburys Entertainment

oaxaca 24th January 2013 03:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 315906)
Admittedly, an oversight on my part, but I ordered it late at night and it slipped my mind by the next morning.

Anyway, Blade on BD for £6 from Sainsburys.

Buy Blade (1998) on Blu Ray - Sainsburys Entertainment

I wonder if they have it at that price instore too, think I'll have a butchers tomorrow.

Daemonia 24th January 2013 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 315992)
I wonder if they have it at that price instore too, think I'll have a butchers tomorrow.

Might be worth a look, mate. There isn't a Sainburys nearby so I've opted for an online purchase. I literally live on top of a mountain, so accessibility to major high street stores is pretty limited.

oaxaca 25th January 2013 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daemonia (Post 316070)
Might be worth a look, mate. There isn't a Sainburys nearby so I've opted for an online purchase. I literally live on top of a mountain, so accessibility to major high street stores is pretty limited.

Had a look earlier but no luck. Ended it popping to HMV to see if it was there with 25% off, it didn't have 25% off but was part of their 3 for £20 or 5 for £30 offer.

antmumford 26th January 2013 10:33 AM

I know prices vary from store to store but in the Brighton HMV I just bought the Flash Gordon Steelbook for £11.25 as part of their Blue X sale, was the last one too

Paul@TheOverlook 26th January 2013 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by antmumford (Post 316451)
I know prices vary from store to store but in the Brighton HMV I just bought the Flash Gordon Steelbook for £11.25 as part of their Blue X sale, was the last one too

You were quite lucky to find one of those in store, Ant. I've not seen any new copies about for ages.

antmumford 26th January 2013 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paul@Lovelockandload (Post 316455)
You were quite lucky to find one of those in store, Ant. I've not seen any new copies about for ages.

I know, I've seen it a few times but normally at about £30 so was a great bargain

Daemonia 28th January 2013 01:32 PM

Amazon are running a 3 Blu-rays for £17 offer.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/b/ref=amb_li...rd_i=293962011

Refused 28th January 2013 01:43 PM

A bargain if you're after this -

Win Win [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Paul Giamatti, Alex Shaffer, Amy Ryan, Bobby Cannavale, Jeffrey Tambor, Thomas McCarthy: Film & TV

Daemonia 28th January 2013 02:10 PM

:shocked:

£900????? Well, better grab it in that 3 for £17 offer then - you'll be saving £800-odd!

Refused 28th January 2013 02:16 PM

1 Attachment(s)
What a saving!

Justin101 28th January 2013 03:36 PM

"misplaced decimal points gone mad" :lol:

the blob 28th January 2013 04:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
This is a good deal, especially if you use the 3 for £17 offer..

garethofthedead 28th January 2013 10:18 PM

With my student discount I can get 9 title for around £2.50 if one of them is that, thanks

Rik 4th February 2013 09:31 AM

Knightriders pre-order direct from Arrow for £9.99, today only because it's Romero's birthday

George Romero's Knightriders

antmumford 4th February 2013 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 318886)
Knightriders pre-order direct from Arrow for £9.99, today only because it's Romero's birthday

Cheers for the heads up, it's not often I check facebook so I would have missed out :)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th February 2013 12:31 PM

Quote:

Thanks for that – preordered!

Sam 4th February 2013 07:38 PM

Quote:

Good man, Rik! Pre-ordered

Edgeworth 5th February 2013 12:20 AM

Zavvi have a few Play.com exclusives for pre-order, £9-10 each but some of them were OOP so good if you missed them. Xmen Wolverine, Fight Club, Goldeneye, Bad Boys, Zombieland and a few others.

I guess since the tax loop was fixed Play.com aren't doing so well or the distributors wouldn't be sending these "exclusive" steelbooks elsewhere.

darthelvis 5th February 2013 06:32 AM

Cheers Rik also preordered.

Justin101 5th February 2013 12:42 PM

I missed out on the £10 offer, by the time I got to work it was gone :( It's only gone up to £12.99 but I'm broke this month so it'll have to wait now :lol:

Justin101 6th February 2013 01:44 PM

Just ordered Flash Gordon BD from Sainsbury's Online for a fiver :)

oaxaca 7th February 2013 06:41 AM

Sainsbury's also have the cheapest prices for STAR TREK NEXT GENERATION series 3 (£50.99) + ST BEST OF BOTH WORLDS (£6.99) pre-orders... Plus you can trade your nectar points on nectar.com into specific SainsburysEntertainment vouchers... but don't tell the wife ;)

Justin101 7th February 2013 08:45 AM

I've already place Star Trek pre-order with Amazon and the price has dropped by £22 since I did so, but since I like to get my online orders sent to work and Star Trek would have been my first order Sainsbury's would only let me get it sent to my home address - now I've ordered something cheap and got it sent to my flat I can pre-order Star Trek with confidence and have it sent to work! I just need to remember to cancel one of the orders before it's too late or I would have spent £100 on 2 copies :lol:

Daemonia 8th February 2013 12:01 PM

Arrow's Spirits of the Dead is £5.99 at Sainsbury's online right now. Just ordered myself one!

Zann 11th February 2013 06:43 AM

Already have the Italian BD but for anyone happy to make do with the German release:

Della Morte Dell Amore (Blu-Ray): Amazon.de: Rupert Everett, Anna Falchi, Francoise Hadji-Lazaro, : Filme & TV

EUR 6,38

nekromantik 11th February 2013 08:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 320737)
Already have the Italian BD but for anyone happy to make do with the German release:

Della Morte Dell Amore (Blu-Ray): Amazon.de: Rupert Everett, Anna Falchi, Francoise Hadji-Lazaro, : Filme & TV

EUR 6,38

Good price.
Standard version of the Italy release is 13 EUROS on Amazon IT.

Roughale 11th February 2013 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 320737)

EUR 6,38

I have to warn you all, this is a quick shot to make some money before a proper release follows. The picture quality is reported to vary between nice and clear (especially in the brighter scenes) and blurry with movement echoing. I regularly leave this unbought on film fairs as I once got a tip that the 5 Euro they ask for it there is too high... The amazon price also has the 5€ postage bonus since it is an FSK 18 film, so we end up at almost 12€ - definitely not worth it...

nekromantik 11th February 2013 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roughale (Post 320771)
I have to warn you all, this is a quick shot to make some money before a proper release follows. The picture quality is reported to vary between nice and clear (especially in the brighter scenes) and blurry with movement echoing. I regularly leave this unbought on film fairs as I once got a tip that the 5 Euro they ask for it there is too high... The amazon price also has the 5€ postage bonus since it is an FSK 18 film, so we end up at almost 12€ - definitely not worth it...

Yeah I saw some reviews for it and its meant to be quite bad.
The IT release has problems too but its the best we got at the moment. I dont see Shameless releasing it on blu and that leaves US but who knows when that will be. I am tempted to get the IT for 13 euros but its another 7 euros for shipping!

Zann 11th February 2013 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 320796)
Yeah I saw some reviews for it and its meant to be quite bad.
The IT release has problems too but its the best we got at the moment. I dont see Shameless releasing it on blu and that leaves US but who knows when that will be. I am tempted to get the IT for 13 euros but its another 7 euros for shipping!

The Italian release is great. The audio glitch is nothing, a split second noise that I may not have noticed had I not read about it.

Zann 21st February 2013 05:59 AM

Southern Comfort has now gone sub ten over at play.com

Paul@TheOverlook 21st February 2013 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 323090)

Not a bad disc, nowhere near as bad as the "experts" have made out - I watched my copy a couple of nights ago and thought the image was solid, if a little unremarkable. Sound isn't amazing (even with DTS HD 2.0 the dialogue isn't well defined), either but the BD is the best presentation the film has had to date and blows all the DVD releases out of the water,

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 21st February 2013 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zann (Post 323090)

Ah, the benefits of not buying on release day! I'd held off buying a copy for no other reason than I didn't really need the BD but, at that price, it's more a case of 'Why not?'.

unrealbe 22nd February 2013 01:47 PM

super is < £5 at amazon right now
Super [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Rainn Wilson, Ellen Page, Liv Tyler, Kevin Bacon, Michael Rooker, Andre Royo, Sean Gunn, Stephen Blackehart, Don Mac, Linda Cardellini, James Gunn, Miranda Bailey, Ted Hope: Film & TV

its a great movie