Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

wayfarer 25th May 2011 12:07 PM

The London Shaftesbury FOPP have had a number of £3 Blu-Rays in again. Sadly, no Dark City. I came away with the following;

Salt steelbook (Angelina Jolie as Jason Bourne, I hear)
Mesrine
The Good the Bad and the Weird

I chatted up the assistant at the till and she told me that they'll be getting a consignment like this, once a week. But, they don't know when.

dream demon 25th May 2011 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 152895)
The London Shaftesbury FOPP have had a number of £3 Blu-Rays in again. Sadly, no Dark City. I came away with the following;

Mesrine

I chatted up the assistant at the till and she told me that they'll be getting a consignment like this, once a week. But, they don't know when.

If that Salt Steelbook was only £3 that was a stone cold bargain as it goes for about £15 on ebay. I really enjoyed Salt but the directors' cut was much better imo. It's amazing the difference just a few seconds of dialogue and some slightly altered scenes can make to a film.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 152895)

Mesrine

I wish there was a FOPP like that near me. If I could just pop down to the store and come away with the Salt Steelbook and The Good, The Bad, The Weird for just six quid I'd be delighted! Living costs may be high in London, but when you get bargains like that I imagine it makes it all worthwhile.

wayfarer 25th May 2011 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 152910)
I wish there was a FOPP like that near me. If I could just pop down to the store and come away with the Salt Steelbook and The Good, The Bad, The Weird for just six quid I'd be delighted! Living costs may be high in London, but when you get bargains like that I imagine it makes it all worthwhile.

I don't live in London, I only work in London. That sounds like a sc-fi movie quote ;)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 25th May 2011 12:55 PM

Even better -- you get to live somewhere less crowded and a bit cheaper but also pick up Blu-ray bargains when you're away from the office!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 31st May 2011 09:14 AM

There are loads of good titles available at Amazon for just £5 each -- I picked up:
An Education
Wolf Creek
Milk
The Good, The Bad, The Weird
In the Valley of Elah
The Devil's Rejects

There is a full list at:
Advanced Search | Cheap Blu-ray Movies

Nemesis 7th June 2011 07:11 PM

Once Upon A Time In The West blu is currently going for $10.49 on Amz US.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th June 2011 07:44 PM

Mine cost $14.98. Oh well. 10 bucks is a great price for such a great movie and impressive looking BD set.

darthelvis 14th June 2011 11:38 AM

Planet of the Apes Blu Ray boxset £16.99 on play.com. Had to pick up a copy at that price.

oaxaca 14th June 2011 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darthelvis (Post 157946)
Planet of the Apes Blu Ray boxset £16.99 on play.com. Had to pick up a copy at that price.

Fantastic! Thanks for letting us know about this. I couldn't resist either. When you combine it with quidco's 2% cashback rate plus the £2 cex will give me for selling them the DVD boxset (tight gits!) then its even cheaper; < £15 which is < £3 a film which is some goooood maths :p