Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 125388)
James Bond Blu set.. Dr. No / For Your Eyes Only / From Russia With Love / Die Another Day / Live And Let Die / Thunderball.

£17.99 at Play!

James Bond: (Dr. No / For Your Eyes Only / From Russia With Love / Die Another Day / Live And Let Die / Thunderball) (Blu-ray) - Blu-ray at Play.com (UK)

I've already got the Connery ones on Region A. To me they look pretty fantastic.

£38.99 now, so if you got in there when it was only £17.99, you were lucky!

pedromonkey 1st February 2011 11:07 AM

Timothy Dalton is my Favourite Bond so would probably get his 2 on blu but that's about it.

Sargento 1st February 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 125438)
Timothy Dalton is my Favourite Bond so would probably get his 2 on blu but that's about it.

Hey Ped! Must just be you and me then! I too think that Timmy was/is the best Bond! Especially Licence to Kill. Great serious Bond in that one!

Commence the stoning guys .. but Ped will stand in my corner with me won't you Ped!?

:shocked:

oaxaca 1st February 2011 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 125449)
Hey Ped! Must just be you and me then! I too think that Timmy was/is the best Bond! Especially Licence to Kill. Great serious Bond in that one!

Commence the stoning guys .. but Ped will stand in my corner with me won't you Ped!?

Hey hey Dalton has always been my second favourite Bond, straight after Roger Moore... In fact Timothy Dalton is probably the most talented actor to have played James Bond. Its just I reckon Moore has a bit more charm and humour.

Love both of Daltons films though, they are up there with the best of all Bond films (the best being Live and Let Die ;))

Paul@TheOverlook 1st February 2011 12:05 PM

I agree that Dalton is an underrated Bond but I think Moore's my least favourite after the Australian mannequin seen in OHMSS.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 1st February 2011 12:15 PM

I've always found it really hard to come up with a 'best Bond' as the best Bond film is On Her Majesty's Secret Service which should make George Lazenby the best Bond, but doesn't. Sean Connery is always the one that springs to mind whenever someone mentions James Bond, just like the scene in Trainspotting when they shoot the dog! However, I have very high hopes for Daniel Craig as he is probably the best natural actor to play 007, better than Dalton, Connery, Brosnan and (quite obviously) Moore.

Please bear in mind that this is all coming from someone who isn't a particularly big James Bond fan and who isn't even sure if he has seen every single film all the way through!

Paul@TheOverlook 1st February 2011 12:21 PM

I love Bond and agree, OHMSS is one of the best in the series, despite it ebing burdened by the plank that is Lazenby. My favourite Bond was Moore as a kid (having grown up in the 80s) but I've since come to prefer Connery - there's something a lot more dangerous about his characterization. I like Brosnan and Craig too. Poor old Brosnan deserved better films though. I do like Moore though, but purely in a nostalgic way.

Sargento 1st February 2011 02:24 PM

I'm not really a Bond fan either, but if I had a choice of which to watch, it would most certainly be the Dalton ones. :nod:

pedromonkey 1st February 2011 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 125449)

i will indeed Sarg, just been watching Dalton's awesome guest appearance on the TV show Chuck where he steals almost every scene, and who can forget his great performance as Simon Skinner in Hot Fuzz..

the blob 1st February 2011 03:32 PM

I grew up with Moore and not knowing any better. Now I just find most of his Bond's too comedic. I swear, every time I watch one I think to myself why I bothered but still end up going back in hope, haha... When I was a kid, the thought of a Lotus Elan that goes underwater was great but that lost it's sheen pretty quick.

Dalton was a good Bond actor but I find his two are stuck in the 80's too much. Better than Moore though. :)

Brosnan got two good movies in Goldeneye and World Is Not Enough. The invisible car killed him!

Sargento 1st February 2011 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 125534)
Brosnan got two good movies in Goldeneye and World Is Not Enough. The invisible car killed him!

I think he just overstayed his welcome .. well, that's seems to be what the studio thought too!

the blob 1st February 2011 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 125538)
I think he just overstayed his welcome .. well, that's seems to be what the studio thought too!

Actually, thinking about it more, the invisble car and Jason Bourne killed him. Bourne kind of made them probably realise that people wanted some serious action again.. thankfully!

tollickd 4th February 2011 05:35 AM

Play.com

Piranha (3D & 2D) (Blu-ray) now only £8.99

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 126148)
Play.com

Piranha (3D & 2D) (Blu-ray) now only £8.99

Oooh, that's a good price and very tempting. The big question for me is whether it's worth a blind buy as I didn't catch it in cinemas, partly because I don't like 3D. Does it work in plain old 2D and is the 3D of the variety with the red and blue glasses?

buggenhagen 4th February 2011 07:31 AM

Might have been mentioned already but thanks to Doolahrock for pointing out that Amazon are doing Martyrs for £5.99.

tollickd 4th February 2011 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 126152)
Oooh, that's a good price and very tempting. The big question for me is whether it's worth a blind buy as I didn't catch it in cinemas, partly because I don't like 3D. Does it work in plain old 2D and is the 3D of the variety with the red and blue glasses?

It's a fun film worth the small price! it has a 2d version on the disc.

I have mine ordered as I missed out on the last few good deals like 007, spaghetti western and dirty harry :(

Stephen@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 126152)

It has the 2-D version and also a Red/Blue 3D version and the new fangled 3D version.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 4th February 2011 04:17 PM

That's good enough for me -- I've ordered it for the 2-D version as I'm not really interested in 3-D but, who knows, in the future I may have a 3-D screen so I could put this on to see what all the fuss is about!

tollickd 5th February 2011 05:34 AM

All of these are on play.com

Pre-order The Beyond £14.99

Caligula (Arrow) £11.69

Spirits Of The Dead (Arrow) £12.99

Dario Argento's Inferno (Arrow) £14.99

I see that the Spaghetti Westerns Blu-ray Collection has come down again not as low as before but not bad £14.99

bdc 6th February 2011 10:59 AM

For those interested...
Cornered! (listed as Cornered) Belgian blu has been discounted already.
Dutch (Nederlands) subs are optional on this one,it also has French options.

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/752...rayr040346.jpg

3 for 30 Euro (don't know how much international shipping is,but they do offer international shipping) if you find 3 titels or 12,99 Euro.
frs.be

pedromonkey 6th February 2011 09:50 PM

just had an email from Zavvi for their mega monday deals, some very low prices there...

ZAVVI MEGA MONDAY DEALS

dream demon 6th February 2011 11:27 PM

There are some good BDs there for under a fiver so I may upgrade some of my DVDs; I've always fancied getting 'Welcome to the Jungle', too.

nekromantik 6th February 2011 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 126682)
There are some good BDs there for under a fiver so I may upgrade some of my DVDs; I've always fancied getting 'Welcome to the Jungle', too.

i thought it was proper garbage that movie :lol:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 7th February 2011 07:46 AM

There are a few good titles in the 2 for £15 sale at Base.com -- I picked up Kick-Ass and the limited edition Green Zone Steelbook.

the blob 7th February 2011 09:26 PM

25% off this selection at Play with the code BLUFEB.

Some good stuff but the best is probably Alien Anthology for around £21...

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery

nekromantik 7th February 2011 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 126803)

got email about that offer today
im tempted to get girl with dragon tattoo

dream demon 8th February 2011 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 126683)
i thought it was proper garbage that movie :lol:

I've never actually seen it, but it's one of those films I just want to see! :popcorn:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th February 2011 07:21 AM

Quote:

Pretty good prices, especially the ones in the 2 for £18 sale if you take into account the 25% discount. I'm considering Fight Club, The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and a couple of others.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 8th February 2011 08:06 AM

In the end, I went for Memento, Fight Club, The Silence of the Lambs and The Crazies which, because they are also in the 2 for £18 promotion, works out at £6.75 each!

Inspector Tanzi 8th February 2011 11:11 AM

Cool, I didn't think it would work when you put the 2 for 18 togethert, I'll take another look.

Anyone know how long this deal lasts for?

oaxaca 8th February 2011 11:37 AM

I wish it worked with all the ones in the 2 for 18 sale :p I wanted to buy COOL HAND LUKE & BONNIE AND CLYDE for 13.50 :p

doolahrock 8th February 2011 01:12 PM

Quote:

Might be a bit blind here but at what point do you enter the code?

Edit - Yup, being blind. Apply voucher on right of the screen. Alien box set done

the blob 8th February 2011 03:20 PM

No idea how long it'll last. Play deals never seem to last that long these days. I'm tempted by Man On Fire and Memento in the 2 for 18 but I'm hoping it lasts a little as I'm waiting to read reviews on the new US BD of Memento.

Planet Of The Apes collection is also tempting me but it does my head in as there's no original audio and the US ones have it, as well as no extended cut of Battle.

EDIT: Someone at Digital Fix says it's on until Feb 14th.

Inspector Tanzi 8th February 2011 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 126884)
as well as no extended cut of Battle.

The scenes are there as extras though. I've got the U.K. one as you can pick it up reasonably, the U.S. one is really expensive.

the blob 8th February 2011 05:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 126921)
The scenes are there as extras though. I've got the U.K. one as you can pick it up reasonably, the U.S. one is really expensive.

I always thought the US one was just too bulky and heard the disc hubs are lousy as well. I was actually thinking I'd end up getting separates if I did. Might buy the UK one and end up getting the separate Battle if I think I ever want to watch the extended version as a whole. Works out as under £19 for the UK set.

the blob 9th February 2011 03:05 AM

F it.. couldn't resist and went for the Apes box. £18.74 all in!

Inspector Tanzi 9th February 2011 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 127067)
F it.. couldn't resist and went for the Apes box. £18.74 all in!

Well worth it, I've only watched the first one so far and it looks gorgeous. Gonna take my time with the sequels though as it wasn't that long ago I went through the dvd box set.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 9th February 2011 08:22 PM

Quote:

Nice one blob. :thumb:

Just ordered The Alien Anthology, Fight Club, and Silence of the Lambs for £35.99! :D

Gojirosan 9th February 2011 08:27 PM

I snagged the 2 disk Blu of Dreamgirls for £6.45 (eBay) - brand new and sealed.

Not exactly cult horror but I like it, a lot! :lol:

oaxaca 10th February 2011 06:41 PM

Price Minister are offering £5 off any spend over a tenner for new customers!

PriceMinister - £5 discount from me to find out more about the website

It seems a really decent deal!! They have loads of DVDs and Blu's at reasonable prices....very reasonable with a fiver off :eyebrows: