Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159259)
SCREAM TRILOGY BOX 59.99

My local HMV has the Scream films separately for 30 each. :loco: :crazy: I mentioned to my cousin that you can get all three US blu-rays for less than that!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 07:27 PM

Ms Blair was just too tepting! :tongue1:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159263)

Now I can't argue with that!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159259)
Here's a few if you're Richard Branson......courtesy of your faithful HMV......:rolleyes:

THE DOORS 30
BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE 24.99
THE BEYOND 24.99
SCREAM TRILOGY BOX 59.99

Wouldn't bloody encourage them!

Although I did pick up Arrow's DVD of SAVAGE STREETS at 18...what's the RRP on that?

They are outrageous prices and it's no wonder people buy from the Internet. The RRP of the Savage Streets DVD is 15.99, so it's almost criminal for HMV to be charging that much.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159263)

As I have a review disc, it will be the artwork, booklet and poster which would make me buy a copy.

As it is, I bought eight titles from Eureka so that pile of unwatched discs is just going to grow and grow!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 159262)
My local HMV has the Scream films separately for 30 each. :loco: :crazy: I mentioned to my cousin that you can get all three US blu-rays for less than that!

Absolutely mental,I know.:crazy:

PaulD 21st June 2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 159235)
Eureka are currently selling most of their Blu-Ray catalogue titles for 7.50 each.

Gaaaah...really tempted by M and Paranoiac but I've spent so much this month. Decisions, decisions...

Prince_Vajda 21st June 2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 159362)
Gaaaah...really tempted by M and Paranoiac but I've spent so much this month. Decisions, decisions...

Too late now, the horse has bolted. Go ahead and succumb to temptation! ;)

Greetings!

Paul@TheOverlook 21st June 2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 159283)
They are outrageous prices and it's no wonder people buy from the Internet. The RRP of the Savage Streets DVD is 15.99, so it's almost criminal for HMV to be charging that much.

Don't forget the 'R' in RRP stands for 'recommended' (retail price) - it used to be common practice for the likes of HMV, Virgin and Tower Records to hike up the prices of titles that were no longer in a chart. You'd think in the current climate, with stiff competition from the internet, they'd be happy to sell at RRP. For every person that does shell out for the over-inflated price, there'll be three or four people thinking "that's way too much, won't bother checking in their again" - must be detrimental in the grand scheme of things.

Baseball Fury 21st June 2011 01:35 PM

X-Men Quadrilogy for 15 on HMV website at the moment.

I went to pick up Shogun Assassin and Metropolis from the Eureka site... they're the only two without discounts! Boo!

nekromantik 21st June 2011 01:48 PM

Amazon have Devils Backbone blu for 9.99
finally the price has dropped from 15.99!!

Reaps I am SHOCKED you even shop at HMV.....let alone paying 18 for DVD!!! I pay no more then 15.99 for most Blus and no more then 9 for a DVD!