Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159259)
SCREAM TRILOGY BOX £59.99

My local HMV has the Scream films separately for £30 each. :loco: :crazy: I mentioned to my cousin that you can get all three US blu-rays for less than that!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 07:27 PM

Ms Blair was just too tepting! :tongue1:

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159263)

Now I can't argue with that!

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159259)
Here's a few if you're Richard Branson......courtesy of your faithful HMV......:rolleyes:

THE DOORS £30
BIRD WITH THE CRYSTAL PLUMAGE £24.99
THE BEYOND £24.99
SCREAM TRILOGY BOX £59.99

Wouldn't bloody encourage them!

Although I did pick up Arrow's DVD of SAVAGE STREETS at £18...what's the RRP on that?

They are outrageous prices and it's no wonder people buy from the Internet. The RRP of the Savage Streets DVD is £15.99, so it's almost criminal for HMV to be charging that much.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper@Cult Labs (Post 159263)

As I have a review disc, it will be the artwork, booklet and poster which would make me buy a copy.

As it is, I bought eight titles from Eureka so that pile of unwatched discs is just going to grow and grow!

The Reaper Man@Cult Labs 20th June 2011 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stephen@Cult Labs (Post 159262)
My local HMV has the Scream films separately for £30 each. :loco: :crazy: I mentioned to my cousin that you can get all three US blu-rays for less than that!

Absolutely mental,I know.:crazy:

PaulD 21st June 2011 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bizarre_eye@Cult Labs (Post 159235)
Eureka are currently selling most of their Blu-Ray catalogue titles for £7.50 each.

Gaaaah...really tempted by M and Paranoiac but I've spent so much this month. Decisions, decisions...

Prince_Vajda 21st June 2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 159362)
Gaaaah...really tempted by M and Paranoiac but I've spent so much this month. Decisions, decisions...

Too late now, the horse has bolted. Go ahead and succumb to temptation! ;)

Greetings!

Paul@TheOverlook 21st June 2011 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 159283)
They are outrageous prices and it's no wonder people buy from the Internet. The RRP of the Savage Streets DVD is £15.99, so it's almost criminal for HMV to be charging that much.

Don't forget the 'R' in RRP stands for 'recommended' (retail price) - it used to be common practice for the likes of HMV, Virgin and Tower Records to hike up the prices of titles that were no longer in a chart. You'd think in the current climate, with stiff competition from the internet, they'd be happy to sell at RRP. For every person that does shell out for the over-inflated price, there'll be three or four people thinking "that's way too much, won't bother checking in their again" - must be detrimental in the grand scheme of things.

Baseball Fury 21st June 2011 01:35 PM

X-Men Quadrilogy for £15 on HMV website at the moment.

I went to pick up Shogun Assassin and Metropolis from the Eureka site... they're the only two without discounts! Boo!

nekromantik 21st June 2011 01:48 PM

Amazon have Devils Backbone blu for £9.99
finally the price has dropped from £15.99!!

Reaps I am SHOCKED you even shop at HMV.....let alone paying £18 for DVD!!! I pay no more then £15.99 for most Blus and no more then £9 for a DVD!