Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

brain dead 28th December 2010 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118700)
Is that you on the blu-ray forum as well? :lol:

Not surprised that it's gone to the top of the Amazon.ca dvd chart at that price. It was #2 when I ordered last night so hopefully stock will be back in soon enough as I think they'll have a lot of orders to fulfill! Probably depends on Alliance's holiday opening but I don't mind the wait.

I ordered that bad boy, too. Along with House of the Dead blu :lol:

Inspector Tanzi 28th December 2010 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118579)
A heads up for anyone who can play Region A discs. The Canadian version of the Vengeance Trilogy is now going for the stupidly cheap price of $19.99 CAD plus shipping. Includes both versions of Lady Vengeance and the Oldboy diary as well as lossless audio for Oldboy which Palisades Tartan neglected on the U.S version. Came to £18.01 inc shipping!

Vengeance Trilogy [Blu-ray]: Amazon.ca: DVD

Definitely Region A locked though.

Cool, just ordered.
I've already got the U.K. editions but couldn't resist this. Good to have the full colour Lady Vengeance on blu as I only have this version of the film on Korean dvd.

nekromantik 28th December 2010 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118700)
Is that you on the blu-ray forum as well? :lol:

Not surprised that it's gone to the top of the Amazon.ca dvd chart at that price. It was #2 when I ordered last night so hopefully stock will be back in soon enough as I think they'll have a lot of orders to fulfill! Probably depends on Alliance's holiday opening but I don't mind the wait.

yup thats me :tongue1:
I get around :lol:

yeah I dont mind waiting either as its a good price.
its 1p over the VAT limit so hope I dont get unlucky as thats gonna be painful :eek:

the blob 28th December 2010 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 118715)
yup thats me :tongue1:
I get around :lol:

yeah I dont mind waiting either as its a good price.
its 1p over the VAT limit so hope I dont get unlucky as thats gonna be painful :eek:

Legally,that shouldn't be an issue as it's only £13 something + postage. They should only include postage into their duty when the item itself is over £18. They'll also probably declare in CAD so unless something major happens, even with postage it should be well under by the UK Customs exchange rate.

nekromantik 28th December 2010 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118719)
Legally,that shouldn't be an issue as it's only £13 something + postage. They should only include postage into their duty when the item itself is over £18. They'll also probably declare in CAD so unless something major happens, even with postage it should be well under by the UK Customs exchange rate.

ah ok
hope so. :)

pedromonkey 28th December 2010 07:28 PM

what region coding is it? because at that price it's awesome....

the blob 28th December 2010 08:00 PM

I could have sworn I read someone said it was Region A locked but seems noone has actually tested it properly yet. I wouldn't bet against it being locked though..

Inspector Tanzi 28th December 2010 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 118734)
what region coding is it? because at that price it's awesome....

You should get yourself a ulti region machine mate. In my opinion film collectors should have multi region machines or machines from other regions also.

pedromonkey 28th December 2010 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 118751)
You should get yourself a ulti region machine mate. In my opinion film collectors should have multi region machines or machines from other regions also.

ive just paid 130.00 for a player, i can't afford a multi-region one.
just found that amazon and play are selling them at 5.99 each which i can afford...

nekromantik 28th December 2010 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 118753)
ive just paid 130.00 for a player, i can't afford a multi-region one.
just found that amazon and play are selling them at 5.99 each which i can afford...

the UK discs are not as good.
Lady Vengence is only in fade to black version. Also oldboy only has deleted scenes and thats it.