Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 127067)
F it.. couldn't resist and went for the Apes box. £18.74 all in!

That's how I felt at about 11:30 last night and now it's 'packing' along with Fight Club, The Silence of the Lambs and Memento, so I'll hopefully have those by the beginning of next week.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 10th February 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nosferatu@Cult Labs (Post 127441)
That's how I felt at about 11:30 last night and now it's 'packing' along with Fight Club, The Silence of the Lambs and Memento, so I'll hopefully have those by the beginning of next week.

Also picked up Fight Club and Silence of the Lambs last night from Play :lol:

They were showing as out of stock when I ordered, but checking now they are indeed packing! :happy:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 11th February 2011 07:29 AM

I imagine Royal mail will be pretty busy with the amount of people who have ordered stuff from Play.com in one of their various offers, including this one, and will have to deal with a flood of BDs into the UK from Jersey!

nekromantik 12th February 2011 04:01 PM

This seller on ebay is selling Elephant for £6.99 inc postage.
good deal :)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ELEPHANT-BLU-R...item483f0cccd1

tollickd 14th February 2011 11:00 AM

a few good deals on play.com

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery These offers end 24.00 GMT

Sargento 14th February 2011 11:15 AM

Just ordered Fantastic 4 double from Play for £9.99. You are right there is some good offers on there ... Forbidden Planet £5.99

:nod:

tollickd 14th February 2011 11:28 AM

Just ordered The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Box Set 9.99 :D

tollickd 14th February 2011 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 128164)
Just ordered The Lord Of The Rings Trilogy Box Set 9.99 :D

I was lucky back up now

oaxaca 14th February 2011 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tollickd (Post 128160)
a few good deals on play.com

Home - Play.com (UK) - Free Delivery These offers end 24.00 GMT

Appreciate the heads up :D

Forbidden planet @ £6 = bargain!!

kingofwitches666 14th February 2011 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 128184)

Oh you just know I'm gonna order this now! :D

Sargento 14th February 2011 07:53 PM

Buried Blu in Tesco Land is £10.97

nekromantik 14th February 2011 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128263)
Buried Blu in Tesco Land is £10.97

hope you dont mind the cropped image on that disc
I returned mine :(
Icon really messed up.

PaulD 14th February 2011 08:28 PM

You can get the bluray online from HMV online for £11.99 which includes the director's first feature film, which seems like a great deal.

Sargento 14th February 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 128271)
hope you dont mind the cropped image on that disc
I returned mine :(
Icon really messed up.

Yeah, noticed you had returned yours on another thread Nek. Maybe they rush released it and balls it up! Hence the low price.

nekromantik 14th February 2011 08:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128278)
Yeah, noticed you had returned yours on another thread Nek. Maybe they rush released it and balls it up! Hence the low price.

yeah it does ruin the film for me as it looks stretched with no bars on the top or bottom. maybe your not as fussy :lol:

Sargento 14th February 2011 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nekromantik (Post 128279)
yeah it does ruin the film for me as it looks stretched with no bars on the top or bottom. maybe your not as fussy :lol:

Oh I am as fussy as you Nek ... a renter for me this one. The HMV exclusive does look good though. The additional film, The Contestant sounds like a winner to me.

nekromantik 14th February 2011 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sargento (Post 128283)
Oh I am as fussy as you Nek ... a renter for me this one. The HMV exclusive does look good though. The additional film, The Contestant sounds like a winner to me.

the extra film is on a dvd though so cant justify spending £12 for a dvd extra movie and a blu without OAR :lol:

the blob 14th February 2011 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 128184)

Just ordered this as well! :)

wayfarer 15th February 2011 09:47 AM

Just a word of warning for those using Zavvi; I ordered the Scott Pilgrim/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead on 31/02/11. I'm still waiting for it. i thought it was a bargain at £17.95 but as a new collection assumed they'd have enough stock. I queried why they advertised the collection again, yesterday, but still couldn't fulfill my order. When I returned to the site I noticed that the boxset entry had been changed to "shipping withing a month".
I received the following message:

"Thanks for your email.

It is back on line but it says "usually despatched within a month" This is down to us not knowing when the new shipment will be back in.

We did get a shipment in the other day but had to send it back due to quality control.

Apologies for the delay in this.":rolleyes:

Anyway, apart from them being a bit slower than Amazon and Play, I have had some successful and cheap transactions with them. Their single season BSG Blu-Rays are cheap.

PaulD 15th February 2011 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 128318)
Just a word of warning for those using Zavvi; I ordered the Scott Pilgrim/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead on 31/02/11. I'm still waiting for it.

To be fair to Zavvi though, it's probably quite difficult for them to fulfil orders taken from time travellers :laugh:

Sargento 15th February 2011 10:11 AM

Tee Hee ... I spotted that too Paul!

:rolleyes:

:doh:

oaxaca 15th February 2011 10:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 128318)
Just a word of warning for those using Zavvi; I ordered the Scott Pilgrim/Hot Fuzz/Shaun of the Dead on 31/02/11. I'm still waiting for it. i thought it was a bargain at £17.95 but as a new collection assumed they'd have enough stock. I queried why they advertised the collection again, yesterday, but still couldn't fulfill my order. When I returned to the site I noticed that the boxset entry had been changed to "shipping withing a month".
I received the following message:

"Thanks for your email.

It is back on line but it says "usually despatched within a month" This is down to us not knowing when the new shipment will be back in.

We did get a shipment in the other day but had to send it back due to quality control.

Apologies for the delay in this.":rolleyes:

Anyway, apart from them being a bit slower than Amazon and Play, I have had some successful and cheap transactions with them. Their single season BSG Blu-Rays are cheap.

Zavvi took their sweet time sending me the Shogun Assassin tin also! I think they have stock issues sometimes, still they are cheap and do keep you informed as to when things are going to be delayed.

wayfarer 15th February 2011 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 128320)
To be fair to Zavvi though, it's probably quite difficult for them to fulfil orders taken from time travellers :laugh:

oops! :lol:

I've just noticed that Zavvi are now charging £33.85 for the boxset. What's the betting that they'll continually delay may order until;
a) the price naturally drops across the market or
b) I cancel my order due to boredom.

oaxaca 15th February 2011 12:39 PM

Just for people's information...

Best places, according to me anyway, for up-to-the-minute news on the latest blu ray bargains are the following:

New Blu-ray Deals, Latest Blu-ray Deals
This site has the latest price drops and lists the best deals..updated several times a day. Both UK & US & everywhere else besides...

Blu Ray Bargains
This is THE UK forum to visit for the latest offers & bargains. Very regularly updated!

tollickd 15th February 2011 01:36 PM

play.com has reduced the price of Metropolis: Limited Steelbook Edition - Reconstructed & Restored to £17.99 not sure if it is every ones cup of tea

kingofwitches666 16th February 2011 07:50 PM

If anyone is interested & owns a multi-region blu player, you can get the US Anchor Bay release of the original ISOYG for £10.69 delivered.

Amazon.com: I Spit on Your Grave [Blu-ray]: Camille Keaton, Meir Zarchi: Movies & TV

dream demon 18th February 2011 06:29 PM

They have quite a few cheap Blu-rays in Sainsburys at the moment - just picked up Max Manus: Man of War for £5, and Highlander Immortal edition for £7. They also had This is England for £5 which I may also pick up.

dream demon 18th February 2011 08:10 PM

PriceMinister appear to be a doing a special offer for new customers with the code WELCOME - £5 off your first order and no minimum spend; just bagged the Lady Vengeance Blu for £1.44.

dream demon 19th February 2011 12:36 AM

For all you fans of Big Arnold, I just found this on Amazon -

Schwarzenegger Collection Total Recall/Red Heat/Raw Deal Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

I reckon that's a bit of a bargain :woot: .

brain dead 19th February 2011 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 129322)
For all you fans of Big Arnold, I just found this on Amazon -

Schwarzenegger Collection Total Recall/Red Heat/Raw Deal Blu-ray: Amazon.co.uk: DVD

I reckon that's a bit of a bargain :woot: .

It's been lower. it was 7.99 before christmas. But even at 14.99 it's worth the price.

the blob 19th February 2011 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brain dead (Post 129324)
It's been lower. it was 7.99 before christmas. But even at 14.99 it's worth the price.

Yeah, the day I was about to go and buy it at Play was the day it went up to £14.99. Since then I'm being a tight bastard and refusing to pay more. :lol:

dream demon 19th February 2011 01:13 AM

Ah, yes, but you can get from a Marketplace seller for only £7.99 + p&p which brings it to just over 9 quid, which is still a good bit cheaper than buying the films individually :) .

brain dead 19th February 2011 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 129326)
Yeah, the day I was about to go and buy it at Play was the day it went up to £14.99. Since then I'm being a tight bastard and refusing to pay more. :lol:

I think I got in just in time. I checked on the progress of my order the next day and clicked the product link by mistake and it was back at 14.99

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 129328)
Ah, yes, but you can get from a Marketplace seller for only £7.99 + p&p which brings it to just over 9 quid, which is still a good bit cheaper than buying the films individually :) .

I'd not hesitate to pick it up at 9 quid.

the blob 19th February 2011 01:29 AM

£7.99 all in or nothing! :rant:

It's more a case of so much I want to buy at the moment that it slipped well down the list so I'll hold off for a bit. :)

PaulD 19th February 2011 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 129247)
PriceMinister appear to be a doing a special offer for new customers with the code WELCOME - £5 off your first order and no minimum spend; just bagged the Lady Vengeance Blu for £1.44.

Good recommendation! I just registered with them. The email they sent says it's a minimum of £10 for some reason but I'll take your word for it :) Haven't actually gone through with my order yet tough - not sure what to get. Might get Arrow's Day of the Dead which would come to £6.

dream demon 19th February 2011 02:08 PM

I think you can ignore that, as they seem to have accepted my order - but we'll know for definite in a few days when they debit my card.

dream demon 19th February 2011 07:50 PM

Popped into Sainsburys again tonight to do a bit of shopping and picked up Tell No One (brilliant film :cool:) for £5; at this rate I can't see myself buying DVDs for much longer, unless of course they are special editions or exclusive to DVD.

dream demon 20th February 2011 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulD (Post 129398)
Good recommendation! I just registered with them. The email they sent says it's a minimum of £10 for some reason but I'll take your word for it :) Haven't actually gone through with my order yet tough - not sure what to get. Might get Arrow's Day of the Dead which would come to £6.

Had an email saying my order had been placed (with Base, apparently) so looks like it has gone through.

oaxaca 20th February 2011 02:18 PM

Have ordered several things through priceminister using that code....It only works once though per account. Good thing is that if you recommend a friend and they buy something (using the "WELCOME" code if they want) then you get £5 off also when you use the code "CONGRATS".

Also a general code which gives you £5 off any purchase over a tenner is "GH5". Can only be used once per account again though. You could make multiple accounts but they check address and credit card numbers to see if they have been used before...

nekromantik 20th February 2011 04:49 PM

I used them too
got like 3 blu's from em by inviting people
anyone wants a invite PM me