Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Refused 14th August 2011 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by robertzombie (Post 173962)
Do you have any further info on this new edition?

Beyond it supposedly being out Oct 3rd, I know nothing!

the blob 14th August 2011 07:59 PM

There's a new version of The Long Good Friday coming too, which I'm hoping will fix the cropping issue of the current one. Still, cost me less than a fiver when I bought it a while back..

The Long Good Friday [Blu-ray]: Amazon.co.uk: Film & TV

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 15th August 2011 08:24 AM

I'll probably order The Long Good Friday from Zavvi as it's been one I've been meaning to buy some months, but I'm puzzled by the 'cropping issue'. Can you elaborate please?

the blob 15th August 2011 11:22 AM

There's been questions about it's original AR. The last ABUS dvd had it at 1.78:1 while It's probably meant to be 1.66:1. Both the UK and US blu's have it at 1.66:1 but instead of it being properly matted, it looks like they just cropped all four sides and zoomed the image.

You can see the difference here and the UK is pretty much the same framing as the US one. Really noticeable in the pool shot.

The Long Good Friday Blu-ray Bob Hoskins

Supposedly this new BD is from a different master but unless they fix that, I'll just keep the one I have.

antmumford 18th August 2011 04:34 PM

In case anyone is interested, both Hook and Jumanji are only £6.99 each Pre-order price at HMV at the moment. Cheapest Pre-order prices I've ever seen.

bizarre_eye@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 05:02 PM

Play.com have a two for £12 deal on at the moment. There are a few good titles amongst the usual fodder, plus they have some pre-order titles involved too (The Mask for example).

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 05:21 PM

Must. Stop. Buying.... Must. Resist. Temptation.

dream demon 18th August 2011 08:58 PM

There's some good titles in there; I'm tempted buy Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th at those prices.

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 18th August 2011 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 175105)
There's some good titles in there; I'm tempted buy Nightmare On Elm Street and Friday The 13th at those prices.

Both excellent releases -- if I didn't already own them, I'd buy them!

dream demon 19th August 2011 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hugh (Post 173635)
Nice spot. I'll have some of that. :clap:

Edit : Although, the order is showing "Awaiting stock".

Wonder how long I'll have to wait (for either the disc or the email saying that no stock can be found)?

Mine's showing as 'packing' so I expect I should have it some time next week. Anyone else receive theirs yet?