Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Hugh 19th August 2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 175150)
Mine's showing as 'packing' so I expect I should have it some time next week. Anyone else receive theirs yet?

Posted on 18th.

Please be waiting when I get home :pray:

Nosferatu@Cult Labs 19th August 2011 09:47 AM

Mine was also shipped yesterday but I'm not expecting it to arrive until next week, possibly Monday. If it arrives tomorrow I'll be pleasantly surprised.

wayfarer 19th August 2011 11:51 AM

I received my copy of Akira yesterday. Nice packaging! I haven't had a look at the transfer yet.

dream demon 19th August 2011 11:57 AM

Hopefully I shouldn't have to wait too long for mine then. The last time I watched Akira it was on VHS. :pop2:

Sam 19th August 2011 06:16 PM

Fopp have a load of blu rays for £3 again. Picked up the following today:

Brooklyn's Finest
Planet Terror
The Men Who Stare at Goats

They had a load of others like 'Death Proof', 'Dorian Gray', 'Lesbian Vampire Killers' etc. at the same price.

wayfarer 21st August 2011 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 175300)
Fopp have a load of blu rays for £3 again. Picked up the following today:

Brooklyn's Finest
Planet Terror
The Men Who Stare at Goats

They had a load of others like 'Death Proof', 'Dorian Gray', 'Lesbian Vampire Killers' etc. at the same price.

Damn! I knew I should have visited there Firday lunchtime. They'll be gone by tomorrow :mmph:

Sam 21st August 2011 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 175665)
Damn! I knew I should have visited there Firday lunchtime. They'll be gone by tomorrow :mmph:

Might still be worth a look - they seemed to have loads of boxes behind the counter, which they didn't have room for on the shelves (at least in the Manchester branch)

wayfarer 22nd August 2011 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 175684)
Might still be worth a look - they seemed to have loads of boxes behind the counter, which they didn't have room for on the shelves (at least in the Manchester branch)

I had it in my myopic brain that you were referring to the London branch :lol: We may not even have had any cheap stock in the London store.

wayfarer 24th August 2011 10:17 AM

...just had a right result in the London Shaftesbury Ave FOPP. Went in to get them to remove a security tag from my sealed copy of Fido (i have this habit of buying a film, leaving it sealed on the shelf for years and then decide to watch it) and came away with this little lot;

All £3 Blus

District 13
D13: Ultimatum
A Perfect Getaway
44 inch chest (sadly not a Russ Meyer type movie:lol: )
Defiance
Brooklyn's Finest
Planet Terror
Death Proof

I have Grindhouse but the films haven't got True HD sound or the "extended" versions.

antmumford 24th August 2011 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wayfarer (Post 176397)
...just had a right result in the London Shaftesbury Ave FOPP. Went in to get them to remove a security tag from my sealed copy of Fido (i have this habit of buying a film, leaving it sealed on the shelf for years and then decide to watch it) and came away with this little lot;

All £3 Blus

District 13
D13: Ultimatum
A Perfect Getaway
44 inch chest (sadly not a Russ Meyer type movie:lol: )
Defiance
Brooklyn's Finest
Planet Terror
Death Proof

I have Grindhouse but the films haven't got True HD sound or the "extended" versions.

You're so lucky having access to a FOPP, especially that store. I found loads of goodies when I visited London the other week but had no money to spend at the time. I think I'll be heading back up to london in a week or two so hopefully some Blu-ray bargains are still to be had then.