Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

Stephen@Cult Labs 17th September 2011 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dream demon (Post 182094)
It shouldn't make any difference what price is on the sticker, they will all scan at the same price as long as they all have the same barcode (which they will). In all fairness to HMV, they aren't scamming anyone, it will be just that they will still have some of the old stock on the shelves that either no ones noticed, or just haven't had time to re-price yet.

There were more at £35 than £17. If someome there is dumb enough not to notice them, they've no busines being let out in public, let alone work in a shop!

Sam 18th September 2011 08:26 AM

Not really a bargain as such, more of a good price but you can pre-order the Cannibal Holocaust blu-ray for £12.85 from the hut in you use the promo code HAVE1 at the checkout. Only for this weekend though!

Rik 18th September 2011 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sam (Post 182166)
Not really a bargain as such, more of a good price but you can pre-order the Cannibal Holocaust blu-ray for £12.85 from the hut in you use the promo code HAVE1 at the checkout. Only for this weekend though!

Hmmm, I pre-ordered it from Zavvi for a pound more, do I cancel my order and re-pre-order it from the Hut for the sake of a quid?

Violence is Italian Art

Sam 18th September 2011 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rik (Post 182170)
Hmmm, I pre-ordered it from Zavvi for a pound more, do I cancel my order and re-pre-order it from the Hut for the sake of a quid?

Violence is Italian Art

I made it more worthwhile by adding a pre-order for Four Flies on Grey Velvet as there's a £2 off when you spend £20 code too (HAVE2)

Baseball Fury 18th September 2011 10:29 AM

It doesn't make a difference at all, it's all to do with the barcode.

However, this isn't the case with CD's, as they have different barcode stickers for reduced items, so pay attention when buying them!

Refused 18th September 2011 10:33 AM

Somebody who works there told me they always keep one in stock at catalogue price.

Stephen@Cult Labs 18th September 2011 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baseball Fury (Post 182191)
It doesn't make a difference at all, it's all to do with the barcode.

However, this isn't the case with CD's, as they have different barcode stickers for reduced items, so pay attention when buying them!

Even if it doesn't make a difference, they shouldn't have the £35 ones on display. Makes them look like f***wits (pardon my french).

Baseball Fury 18th September 2011 12:29 PM

True, but if its nything like my local, they only have 4 staff on at a time in a shop the size of a football pitch, poor buggers!

pedromonkey 18th September 2011 12:50 PM

I refuse to buy anything from HMV due to their prices, i work in a video store and we sell the exact same dvd for £3.00 brand new where as they sell it for £18-£20 for bare bones. They sell them at the RRP not at their own prices.

PaulRobinson 18th September 2011 05:12 PM

Zavvi have Scream 4 on 'Mega Monday' for £8.95