Cult Labs

Cult Labs (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/)
-   Trades & Deals (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Blu-ray Bargain Alerts (https://www.cult-labs.com/forums/trades-deals/3988-blu-ray-bargain-alerts.html)

kingofwitches666 29th December 2010 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 118579)
A heads up for anyone who can play Region A discs. The Canadian version of the Vengeance Trilogy is now going for the stupidly cheap price of $19.99 CAD plus shipping. Includes both versions of Lady Vengeance and the Oldboy diary as well as lossless audio for Oldboy which Palisades Tartan neglected on the U.S version. Came to £18.01 inc shipping!

Vengeance Trilogy [Blu-ray]: Amazon.ca: DVD

Definitely Region A locked though.

Ordered, although with Standard International Shipping the delivery estimate is April 6 2011 - April 13 2011. :eek:

If it does take that long, I'll have a nice suprise drop through the letter box, as I probably will have forgotten that I'd ordered it by that time it arrives! :lol:

oaxaca 29th December 2010 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 118751)
You should get yourself a ulti region machine mate. In my opinion film collectors should have multi region machines or machines from other regions also.

I wish there was a way of unlocking a PS3 to play region A locked Blu Rays! I'm never going to be able to buy DJANGO on BD agh! :(

nekromantik 29th December 2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oaxaca (Post 118841)
I wish there was a way of unlocking a PS3 to play region A locked Blu Rays! I'm never going to be able to buy DJANGO on BD agh! :(

Just get a Blu drive for your PC or laptop. Pc drives can b bought for £50 :)
As long as you have DVI or HDMI on your PC/laptop and its gfx is HDCP compatible which all are if bought in last 3 years or so.

pedromonkey 30th December 2010 09:24 PM

i've been checking other Amazon sites and on the french site they have a pretty cool looking kill bill 1+2 boxset for 19.99EUR which with P+P comes to just over 23 quid..

KILL BILL VOL 1+2 BLU RAY

Inspector Tanzi 30th December 2010 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pedromonkey (Post 119028)
i've been checking other Amazon sites and on the french site they have a pretty cool looking kill bill 1+2 boxset for 19.99EUR which with P+P comes to just over 23 quid..

KILL BILL VOL 1+2 BLU RAY

Isn't a definitive version in the works with that black & white scene in colour etc as one long film?

BioZombie 30th December 2010 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inspector Tanzi (Post 119035)
Isn't a definitive version in the works with that black & white scene in colour etc as one long film?

The definitive version has been in the works for years, but I did hear it may become a reality now that new company has aquired the rights to the Mirimax back catalouge.

nekromantik 30th December 2010 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 119037)
The definitive version has been in the works for years, but I did hear it may become a reality now that new company has aquired the rights to the Mirimax back catalouge.

I still wont hold me breathe for it.
There has been no news on it since he announced it years back.
:(
If you need to see the house of daggers scene in colour then watch the japanese version of the movie :)

Inspector Tanzi 30th December 2010 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BioZombie (Post 119037)

Have they jumped the gun a bit here then? Obviously the £3.99 is a mistake though :happy:

Kill Bill: Redux : BLU-RAY: hmv.com

the blob 31st December 2010 12:32 AM

I think that hmv listing has been there for a long while. I won't upgrade until I can replace the Japanese cut. Can't actually believe they released the standard cut in Japan!

Inspector Tanzi 31st December 2010 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the blob (Post 119060)
Can't actually believe they released the standard cut in Japan!

On Blu?

I've got the two Japanese dvd box sets so don't mind waiting.